Paintedfire studio 🔥 🖌

Oh man, I know moving that net was not fun!!!
Big nose Kate huh…shit, NOW I have NO CLUE which of your beans to run 1st.

What is the dial hanging??? Dimmer switch or fan switch or something???

Looks like a big tent there…and again, EVERYONE GREEN with 0 leaf issues!!!

You certainly have it dialed in here too…

5 Likes

Haha I thought it was a fitting name based on the parental names. Let’s pray she has some major nose and lives up to that so I can officially call it that.

"Mary Katherine Horony-Cummings (born as Mária Izabella Magdolna Horony, November 9, 1849 – November 2, 1940), also known as Big Nose Kate, was a Hungarian-born prostitute and longtime companion and common-law wife of Old West gunfighter Doc Holliday. "

That little dial is a potentiometer for the led’s.

:pray:

10 Likes

LMAO!!!

PERFECT NAME!!!

Got a name for my new cross…??? Goji X Sugar Punch??? The friend that made them is called “Pappa” so I have been calling them “Papa’s Punch”.

Got anything better???

3 Likes

I’m actually the least creative person in the world hah! I always draw a blank when trying to come up with a name whether it be a forum or video game or whatever. I usually don’t even try to name any cross I make but I had done some reading about Doc Holiday in the past and remembered about his lady.

Sweet Goji Punch is all I got lol. Depending on the smell and taste it may be suitable.

2 Likes

Naming is tough. I want to call my keeper pheno of Caramel Candy Kush - Grape Sodalicious Pheno because it reminds me of the grape sodalicious candies from when I was a kid, but it loses that profile once it dries. It’s still wonderful but after the plant is chopped it transforms from straight up sour grape soda candy into a mildly sweet cream - doughy purple muffin type of smell. I want to call it blueberry muffin but it’s not quite that, something else I can’t put my finger on.

What do you guys think? Is it ok to name a strain/pheno after it’s characteristics while growing or should it be better used to describe the final product? Sometimes I think when the name describes the live flowers it can be misleading when the dried flower is nothing like it. At least for the smokers.

8 Likes

I personally do not understand weed that tastes NOTHING like it’s name implies…

JMHO

5 Likes

Yeah I can understand when it’s describing the smell of the live plant but that’s very misleading to the smokers, which are the main drivers of the hype train. I guess for anyone who’s trying to be the next big thing this is something to take into consideration for the naming of your strains.

The Guava Hashplant for example actually smells very much like Guava in veg but there was very little of that left in the bud. It was present but only in small amounts. I never tried the cut but I’m guessing that’s why JJ named that Stardawg cut Guava.

3 Likes

If your going to give it a “flavor/taste” type of name…it should taste like that when smoked, or smelling cured Buds.
Course only my opinion. The name must mean something to the person who created it, or so you would think.

I MIGHT name my GojixSP cross…Garbage Can…lol…'cause the plant being used was a seedling that I broke in half when attempting to transplant from RR to Dixie cup. I pulled it in half by accident. Roots in the RR, plant in my fingers…happens! I threw it in the garbage can. 5 days later, I go to throw out that can, there is that seedling…WITH ROOTS BEING THROWN off it’s stem!!! In a dry garbage can. It had fallen upon a pile of de- fol leaves and sucked enough moisture to root!!!

Life finds a way! That seedling did not want to die. When it was re planted, it struggled a bit, threw twisted n funky leaves, now a few weeks later it is looking like Billy Crystal says…MARVELOUS!!!

So, if THAT lil one gets used in the bean process, I will re name her Garbage Can…LMAO!!!

3 Likes

I agree. I do think the name should best reflect the final product but I’m ok with some other names… like Garbage Can lol which have a cool story behind the name. I can hear it in my head “MARVELOUS!” :smile:

4 Likes

Sometimes the name is based on parental names which is ok in my books as well.

Really the only time it’s not ok is if it’s a straight up fake name trying to cash in on something that it has nothing to do with, like Barney’s Farm Blue Gelato 41. BARNEYS FARM EXPOSED! hahaha

Or Ethos Super Lemon Haze F5 which has no SLH in the lineage lol.

4 Likes

My friends ETHOS “Rainmaker” is almost finished…just started his “flush” now. Says they look great, smell great, and good comb coverage…it was also quick …these pic’s from day 43 of flower!

He runs Octo’s too…was his 1st run with them. Was suppose to be a scrog…he did NOT listen to me, it got out of hand on him…lol…he has already tossed his PH meter, PH up/down, his hydro buckets…and now has a life AND can grow…lol!

10 Likes

Damn I just found a banana cluster on a lower on the Kushberry x Strawberry Milk. That Strawberry Milk is very unstable. My last run I did Forest Queen (Strawberry Milk x 88g13/hp) and one of the 3 plants hermed on me. I will probably kill her by the end of the day because that’s just how I roll. I have zero tolerance for herms.

Makes me want to smash my Strawberry Milk f2’s and the rest of the Kushberry x SM seeds lol.

4 Likes

Kinda weird but I have never grown a HERMIE …

I have had plants throw 'nanners or 2, VERY late in flower, (done on purpose for seed making) but never had a full on FAG

I know environment plays a big part in it, and stress too, but I also know you run a clean shop…so I would toss those babies…

I am DREADING going upstairs to “work” that big scrog. Today, I finally let them come up through the net, and do their own thing. It will take hours of tedious work to make it right. I also have to do it straight…last time I did it while smoking Bubble Hash…looked likje I invited that 4th grader over to do it for me…NOT going there today!!!

3 Likes

I’ve had quite a few herms over the years. My environment is pretty chillin but it’s not perfect.

I found another cluster. She’s getting chopped. If I found 2 clusters on day 29 then there are more and will be more. I’ll let her pot dry out before chopping her that way the rootball will be easier to deal with disposing of.

Lesson learned : Don’t invest much space for individual plants on seed runs. Keep em small when growing from seed. Scrog is only for proven cuts from here on out. I already knew this lol. I guess I was feeling lucky.

13 Likes

WOW…I like the way you can zoom in on a picture here. Could not see shit, then zoomed in…Banana Rama there. 30 days in…See ya…move on.

When YOU get a “safe” addy, you and I can really run stuff by each other. I tend to get A LOT of cool seeds from friends, can never run them all, would be cool to have a good grower run some of them. I have NOT trusted many pep’s, because as you prolly know, you only REALLY KNOW what a plant will do IF you give it WHAT IT WANTS N NEEDS> Not many people I have traded with are there yet, so I do not get REAL feedback on the seeds.

I would much rather hunt through the stuff I have, or get, than $$$$ To ETHOS, Barney’s, or the other flavor of the week seller.

I just got some real MOB beans, and dying to run it, but all full up for a bit. Some KF’s, Shackzilla,and SSDD and Maui Sunshine inbound too. Would be nice to have good help running some of them…

IF…LMAO…you do not have the exact same problem!!!

4 Likes

Right? I love that feature. It gives the full resolution the picture was shot in. I fucking love the ease of use on this site. Drag a picture into the chat box and that’s it. LOL remember the days of having to crop and resize photos? What a drag that was.

What’s MOB beans Jet? I never heard of those.

3 Likes

Maine’s Own Blueberry!!! The real deal, not the most potent, but check checks off every other box!!!

Not a brand, a STRAIN…from a friend…in Maine…

2 Likes

Blueberry has the best effects. I agree it’s not a face melting potency but the blueberry hybrids I’ve grown have a great euphoric calming effect. Gets me exactly where I want to be.

5 Likes

Lil lights off shot of the Barefoot Doctor just before she woke up.

2 lame ass seedlings from the DLA 3 F2. I pulled em, ain’t nobody got time fo dat!

The best part about making your own seeds is that you can cull like a mofo at no loss. It sucks to spend 10+ bucks per seed and have to nurture and baby every lame ass seed to feel like you aren’t throwing money out the window. Just like herms, I don’t mess with runts and mutants.

15 Likes

I made up my mind 20 years ago, I DO NOT RUN weak ass seeds. IF they come up weak, or grow funky, I chuck them out. MY life is too short to run weak seedlings.

Who is Barefoot Doctor again??? LOL

AGREE…the MOB is NOT all that potent, it is NOT weak, but not in StarDog/Goji league for sure. BUT…Color’s for day’s, TASTE TASTE TASTE, and smells incredible. I WILL smoke so so potency weed IF it smells and tastes GREAT.
A pinch of Bubble Hash in the end of a MOB joint makes it JUST as potent as anything else…LMAO!!!

3 Likes