Paintedfire studio šŸ”„ šŸ–Œ

:100:

Barefoot Doctor is from Bodhi. Itā€™s Harlequin x Sunshine Daydream. Iā€™ve never tried any CBD before so this should be interesting. Problem is Iā€™ll have no clue if or how much CBD it has lol! Sheā€™s growing like a beast so I already know I will try to reveg her, sheā€™s got very productive branching, great structure, stanks in veg, frosty AF. Checks all boxes so far but the smoke will be the proof. If I end up really liking her I may consider sending her off to a lab for cannabinoid and terpene profile testing.

2 Likes

I WISH I could get some of my Bud testedā€¦NOT GONNA HAPPEN in Texasā€¦oh Hell no!!!
Wonder If I could send it off to someone, then have them have it testedā€¦
My Bud HybridHiGrow runs and LOVES Harlequin. He also runs screens, but 1 plant srcogs, and the H pulled down a BIG # last time he grew her.

2 Likes

Definitely you can send it to a trusted friend in a legal state with labs. :thumbsup:

Generally I donā€™t care much about the testing tbh. I can smoke the shit and know if it makes me feel good or not haha. But Iā€™m very curious about the potential CBD content and trying to associate the thc:cbd ratio with the effects considering itā€™s uncharted waters for me.

3 Likes

uncharted for everyone I think.
All I KNOW IS THIS: THC content is NOT the end all do all! Went to Colorado last year, bought over 100 different strains and brought them home. They had everything listed on the jars.

The BEST HIGH was from Bud with an 11% THC content on it!!! The 28.6 % was POOR, and most of the ones over 20 % were, in fact, not all that good.

The only exception was ā€œChemmy Jonesā€ā€¦rated at 30% it WAS good weed, but the 11% Bud was better!!!

So, THC/CBD ratios, and all the other canabonoids the plant hasā€¦is complicated science. ONE DAY, when it is 100% legal in the USA, we will KNOW the correlationā€¦

3 Likes

You will have to get it tested, thats the problem with CBD.

You know if rec stuff works well, but not CBD, other than how relaxed and calm you feel, to get the best out of the cbd, you need to ingest it anyway.

You can do a beams test with the right chemicals my buddy close to you does it. It wont tell you how much in numbers but the more cbd you have, the darker the purple color goes. Its surprising how some cbd strains vary, He tried a gold fish strain that was supposed to be around 18% and it came up nearly zero. Probably just hemp.

2 Likes

Yes thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve heard and read from experienced folks. 10-20% thc with lots of terpenes delivers the best effects.

And I agree there are very complex interactions between all the cannabinoids but there seems to be something to the thc:cbd ratio. Itā€™s a place to start at least in figuring this all out. To be honest though even if it were legal on a world scale Iā€™m not sure we will ever completely understand the interactions. There are too many variables, too many compounds and especially our own unique individual endogenous cannabinoid systems and brain/body chemistry.

Itā€™s only hypebois who care about 30% thc. :joy: I wouldnā€™t care if it said 5%, all that matters is if it makes me feel good.

Itā€™s funny because I donā€™t see wine connoisseurs saying ā€œthat wine only has 13% alcohol itā€™s bunkā€ ā€œI only drink 20%+ā€. :joy:

5 Likes

Can you tell me more about the beams test? I have never heard of this? Would I need to send it to your buddy or can I do it myself? It sounds like a nice, easy, (hopefully)inexpensive way to see if there is any cbd at all.

1 Like

Yeh I keep telling people I know, its not all about the THC %, you have to take the entourage effect into account as well.

3 Likes

From what I have PERSONALLY SEENā€¦the best buzz FOR ME ā€¦seems to be right at the 1:1 ratio of THC/CBD.

IF we had a plant test at 15/15ā€¦think it would knock us downā€¦lolā€¦

3 Likes

@Jetdro I got these from a guy at connoisseur community but Iā€™ve yet to grow any of them out.

Thereā€™s gotta be a wide variety of ratios in that seedstock considering lots of high thc and lots of high cbd in the parental lineage. PK Suge and Appalachia for THC and ACDC and Harlequin for CBD. Problem is Iā€™d never be able to afford testing them all lol.

c

6 Likes

I think he paid 14$ for enough of the 2 test chems for 15$. I will see if I can find his stuff for you, unfortunately the CC site we were on is gone so I may have to ask him.

1 Like

Enough there to run and find outā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks Shadey, I appreciate that. No rush. I move through life at the speed of a Sloth lol.

4 Likes

I bet you dont look as cute lol.

potash (KOH) also known as potassium hydroxide is what is used.

Here is a link to you tube on how to do it.

6 Likes

No but I probably smell similar. :smile: :joy:

Awesome thank you! Iā€™ll check that out right now.

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more. Once the THC starts getting too high, seems like other terpenes and cannabinoids are diminished. I think because dispensaries require THC% tested, it pushes the idea that itā€™s similar to ABV% for alcohol when itā€™s nearly so simple.

I tried one of those vape pens with CO2 extracted THC. THC in the cartridge was like 90%+, but I ended up tossing it after a while because it was such a shitty/boring/weak high.

4 Likes

Fuck ANY extraction method other than the press. NONE of that crap for me. I PROMISEā€¦you hit your lil pen with that crap at 89 % in itā€¦then take a hit off my Bubble Hash, or pressed Rosinā€¦NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!
All about marketing.,$$$$$ makes the world go roundā€¦

7 Likes

Yea same. Rosin is the only concentrate I go for. I love that itā€™s so simple too, no solventsā€¦ can make safely and easily at home.

4 Likes

Donā€™t you dare talk smack about drysift! :laughing: Give it a zoom will ya?

18 Likes

I actually like my Bubble Hash more than the rosin. The high from the Rosin is too easy to build tolerance to, for some reason the Bubble always MELTS ME!

3 Likes