Pap’s 2022 spring grow

I had a few issues this run

Trips / leaf miners

Ph swing in Frankie reservoir never had that before or just never checked also caused deficiencies took a bit to clear up

Strawberry razzmatazz A and B both had ph issues , and lock up needed to be flushed ( only 2 gallon fabric bags gave me issues but not the Octopots at all )

New room took time to work out RH and temperature and light leaks but all good now

This should be a good run

I think at the end I’ll take 1or 2 plants and trim and make hash depending on yield

Paps

12 Likes

Notes to self

Frankie: Octopot
Added Epson salts 150 ppms to reservoir

Frankie : fabric bags plant C
Mag deficiency (Ty bro for pointing it out )
I’ve been adding Epson salts but since they’ve been in the same bags for 8/9 weeks now they where Exhibiting signs of lock out so I flushed plain water
Early this week
Sprayed all plants with an Epson salts and Water mixture

13 Likes

Decided to train the amnesia let’s see what happens

17 Likes

Amazing work as usual paps !! :green_heart: plants everywhere! Haha

1 Like

@Terpsnpurps Out of all my grows this one was the most troublesome, my plants in the Octopots really didn’t give me any trouble !
Frankie was a bit Finicky but that was my fault
She ended up with PH swing, finally looks like I’ve straightened that one out. All the plants in the 2 gallon fabric bags either had a pH problem or calcium magnesium problem or root bound finally got them all looking much better I really don’t want to try to up pot these . I didn’t intend to veg them this long (9 weeks ) . So I broke up the root balls and added some promix ( treat them ruff lol ) and so far so good they seem to be bouncing back

4 Likes

Lol each give me an inch and I’ll plant 10 more plants lol
F limits

3 Likes

I always enjoy watching these come together. :slight_smile:
@Natea
Here’s one to talk to about shaping plants.
:wink:

4 Likes

Hay @MoBilly i never topped the amnesia just bent her

And Frankie in the Octopot never got topped either

6 Likes

I agree… and have no intention on sticking with the 5 plant limit set for us here… not like they’re going door to door lol

3 Likes

What is the proper way to break up a root ball?

2 Likes

You should remove the plant from the bah break up the root ball trim them back then repot

Too much work I broke up the root ball using a long screwdriver lol I know barbaric lol

3 Likes

Oh. My mistake. I thought you were the one I watched a while back making art out of your plants. lol
I hate my crap for memory.
I guess I’ll have to go reading back a ways. That’s fun anyway. lol

4 Likes

Still a great visual on how to train them. Thanks @MoBilly. Good grow so far @Papalag!

5 Likes

Shit he does make art.
Have you seen those mainlines!? :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh yes @Terpsnpurps !
I just looked back.
:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Lol… I bet he could actually shape plants to look like say… a cat or dog… or shit like that :laughing: @MoBilly

3 Likes

12 ft dragon shaped pot plant in your back yard

2 Likes

Sativa topiary!!!
I’d give a dollar and a quarter to see that dragon!
LOL!

3 Likes

Greetings Paps,
Dontcha just love training cannabis? Laying the groundwork for a perfecto manifold, and maybe pulling it off, for a mondo yield is so damned satisfying.

I have been so occupied with other types of growing that I haven’t had the opportunity for awhile. But Feminized Frankenstein seeds are already sprouting and those little monsters should be a joy to train!

When I grew the Frankie clones from JP their growth pattern was so bizarre I just gave up and let Frankie be Frankie. Lol These S1 seeds will reveal what “Frankenstein’s Daughter” actually looks like.

You heard it here first!

Smoke it like a Grower Brothers & Sisters,
-Grouchy
PS, here’s my version of @BU2B’s Pound Per Plant training method.

4 Likes

Hay @GrouchyOldMan yeah we follow the same mainline guru !!! And there’s an other grower on IG called Lightaddict I believe he sold a book on it he ( one I didn’t buy) called fluxing technique ( he changed the name )

This method is great and forcing me to keep up on pruning and trimming regularly to achieve the best the plant can offer

It’s also great to keep mass down which helps to keep relative humidity down

A few things I do differently
1 - allow plant to get to 7 nodes before topping at the third or fourth node ( this allows the stem to fatten up to support the amount of large buds

Also I use these wires to hold branches down I don’t tie them thes simply holds them extra handling

If you enlarge this pic you’ll see how they are used
I just bent this one she’s not mainlined

Thank for sharing my brother

Paps
Edit for spelling and to explain better

12 Likes