Pap’s 2022 spring grow

Just a Quick update. Chose a cr mom and oax mom and an oax 2 stud ready for action A little Orgy going on and set them in a nice comfortable place put on some music By Marvin Gaye figured it worked for me and the Mrs why not .I turned the lights down low and let them alone ,un-chaperoned when I returned the ladies hair was all messed up and I saw white stuff every where lol.

8 Likes

You got that baby packed up. Just you wait I can’t wait to start dropping some seeds. And you know I would if I could right now.

1 Like

Hi all
I went to a recreational dispensary for the first time since the state been legal ! I had a great experience I went early wasn’t in line long lol . I went to Zen leaf dispensary‘s and I have to say it was neat clean well organized I even got a discount for being over 55
I purchased a traveler vape of super lemon haze and dame skippy it’s a good one I normally don’t even feel vape but this one did the trick ok yeah

Also bought a per rolled of dirty kush breath and I can not complain at all

Also got a 1/8 of gas power cake smoking some now it’s a very tasty weed and strong

I’ve heard a lot of things about dispensary weed good and bad and I imagine it’s what you get at the time where you’re at I have to say all of the three things that I tried where very potent . I feel this way about dispensaries I get to try something new and maybe I’ll give it a run

@Slick1 , @Cormoran @Nagel420 have you tried zen leaf what’s your thoughts

7 Likes

I’ve never been inside a dispensary, in-state or out… actually, I lie, I drove my ex-gf to one and sat with her in the waiting room while they waited to do a first-time medical customer consultation with her about three years ago. :stuck_out_tongue: Never been to the actual sales floor of one though. When I want something from a dispensary, I usually end up buying Cresco LLRs through a friend who has a medical card in PA. The flower from dispensaries usually ends up being overdried, in my experience. The LLRs are nice though - solventless extraction on fresh-frozen flower, right into a ceramic vape cartridge. Until I study @ReikoX’s tech a bit more and start doing it myself, they’re the best I’ve found for vapes; so much better than the CO2/BHO distillate carts that it’s ridiculous.

Just looked at the menu for Zen Leaf. Flower’s too expensive to consider buying, at $60 an eighth that’s worse than I’d get from the black market. Regardless of the quality, the last time I paid $400 for an ounce was in 1992… their vape cartridges are more expensive than in PA as well, and from the descriptions I’m not sure any are full spectrum extracts. Maybe the Reserve? Still, $90 for a gram and $50 for a half of the Cresco carts, and $60/half here, no contest.

4 Likes

I really went to see and just sample something

First legal weed bro lol

Yes shits is to expensive! way to expensive ! but my kid bought a ton of wax and I have to admit the wax is good but too much money
I need to buy a press

7 Likes

Having a press is really nice! Totally worth the money in the long-run. Especially if you can get the whole setup with a pid and plates and all for under $400.

5 Likes

Thanks that’s about the most I would be willing to spend

3 Likes

I have been looking into it also.

Funny you should mention it cause I just stopped at Zenleaf the other day for the first time. I only went because they offer a 20% discount for first time patients and I was in the area but I knew going in it was a one time deal even if I was impressed with the bud (I haven’t smoked it yet but I’m not impressed with the pebbles I received).

Before a single Zenleaf location opened in NJ they had 5 star reviews on google, one from the CEO of the company who was too stupid to not use his own google account with his name to leave a review about “how great the location and staff were, the products are amazing”. Then they opened with the highest prices in Jersey right out of the gate (and with pries for dispensary bud that’s saying something). We’re talking $75/$80 EIGHTHS. It was clear they were here to set up for recreational and didn’t mind price gouging patients until rec passed.

Well this made the rounds on the internet and patients were rightfully pissed and started leaving reviews on google to reflect how scummy it was to charge those prices, and how blatantly obvious it was the company was leaving fake reviews before they even opened. In turn the CEO and some employees created fake accounts on different sites and would post about how great Zenleaf was and how stupid anyone who didn’t like them was. It was not only extremely obvious but the posts themselves were seriously childish. Finally after about a month of being called out nonstop and calls for boycotts they stopped attacking people with fake accounts and dropped the prices on everything they sold.

Some people forgave them and said since they listened to patients they deserve a second chance but they didn’t, they were going to be the target of boycotts before they were even profitable and were forced to adjust after some seriously childish scumbag behavior.

On to the bud I picked up an Ice Cream Cake smalls eighth that looks like rabbit pellets and are hard as rocks. It smells great but I haven’t smoked it yet. My hatred of the company aside I’m glad you’re happy with what you got from them and some people seem to really like them. Garden State Dispensary is a few miles up the road from Zenleaf and worth the gas (when they have anything of their own in stock anyway).

$55/$60 is the average for NJ dispos. It’s pretty insane and Scutari talks about how some patients can’t afford that while still not allowing medical homegrow :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

He need to go next election we need to make a stand

5 Likes

I’ve just recently been going back into the dispensaries around here since I’ve blown through all of my excess stash and it’s kind of cool. Since New Mexico and Oklahoma are legal now, our town is not as busy. Gas prices may be another reason.

It’s been about 7 years that it’s been legal in our town and it’s slowing down some. That means, almost every shop has some sort of good deals. It’s not always top shelf but still can be really good. Recently, I was able to get 1 half ounce for $20, and last week at another shop they has some for $25. A few days later a friend texted me about a $5 gram of Headband sugar wax that’s 68%.

The shops still steer the visitors to the high dollar stuff. But, with those prices, I’ll be hitting some up again till fall. It’s also just a cool experience to visit them. I never thought we’d make it to the day it would be legal.

7 Likes

I wish we could. I would stand with you guys. They treat us like the plague. Something I never understood. I’ve always felt like the laws were out of hate. I think the first guy that ever got arrested was from Utah. The sheriff didn’t like it. So they put him in jail and he died a few years later of cancer. Ben Franklin said there is much virtue and herbs and Little in men. They smoked in the Bible days and before and before that. Lol

2 Likes

Ok it’s day 21 in the oxacana tent

Feed them a 10/30/20 plus a 0/50/30 booster for an approximate 1/4 /3.5 npk with a kick lol

Total ppm of fertilizer metered at 560 but the fertilizer itself was 340 plus my water meters at 220

So relatively a light feed next watering will be a water only and a worm castings tea after that

Some pics

They are some tall ladies
There’s 2 different phenom the faster flowing I did some pollen chuckin and I just may hit the slower developing one ( just a few sites ) to keep them separated in case there’s something really special

18 Likes

Main tent
14 days from flip
Well it’s packed in there , I can barely get around
It’s most likely the last time I’ll move them they’ll be watered in place . Trying not to break anything :crazy_face:
the bigger of them all is the nyc sour by @santero

Following by chocolate rain @Islayhearts

And the compacted monster award goes to SSDDf2 @HolyAngel

Just filled the Octopots res and feed all but 2 plants that where not ready

Feed
10/30/20 plus Epson salts total ppm 740 including my water at 220 ppms

Hay @Hemp buddy it’s time for me to play music and chill
All my works done so I’ll be smoking some thing killer
I think my tents are jammed lol

Had to move the lights up and add supplemental lighting

@Terpsnpurps now this is way closer to the lights then I’d like to be

17 Likes

I got my light bill from last month. Man it was a little high. Nothing wrong with kicking back. @Papalag you do have them packed.

2 Likes

I’m like a mad scientist you can give me space I go nuts

3 Likes

How close are you there?

1 Like

Everything Scutari says can be translated to: we want more money. In this case, “we want more money so we’re going to have to get a lot more commercial growers and shops to tax, because what other industry can we get away with taxing people at 40% or higher?”

Right now, the taxes on weed in NJ are actually pretty reasonable. There’s the standard state sales tax, an extra 1-2% that local government can tack on, and an excise tax of $10 per ounce - roughly another 2%. Pennies on the dollar, right? Well, the more commercial growers they get licensed, the more that excise tax increases. If the average price per ounce goes down to $300, that excise tax doubles - at the same time the base price has declined by 40%. At that point, the excise tax is up to 6.6%, the same as the state sales tax. When they license enough growers to get the average price down to $200-250, the excise tax doubles again, at the same time the base price has continued to decline. At that point, it’s up to about 20%. If people still keep on getting licenses and the price gets down to below $200, the excise tax goes up another 50%. At that point it’ll be 33% of gross sales… plus sales tax, plus local taxes. California all over again. I guess the definition of insanity isn’t continuing to do the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results, as long as those results include plenty of taxes along with the near-guaranteed boom and bust cycle they’re planning. A decade from now, half these businesses rushing to pay $200k each to get a license will be going bankrupt and begging for tax breaks…

8 Likes

Maybe 18 inches at most there may still have a little wiggle room

Maybe an other 4 inches above the light s

3 Likes

Right on … do you happen to know your ppfd at that distance?

1 Like