Papalag : Chronicles of a mad hippie Or what a madman does with three tents, five octopots and a crap load of seeds

I run 10/14 (on/off) for bloomers, any differences in finish time, or yield are negligible. At least for me, lol! Seems to let the plants be a little more relaxed, too!

2 Likes

That’s a tough one paps , you picked the two I like haha thinking portwine cheese. ??? Buuuuuuut minefields look fire too , what are you leaning towards ???

3 Likes

I’ll have to toss a coin on that

I think mindfields may just be it

but it’s after the sinister run all plain out

5 Likes

Looks great, you don’t need to do it for three days. You only need to wash it twice, you can do that on the same day, but would not hurt to wait and do the second wash after being in the freezer for another day.

When you get done doing the two washes, strained, place the tincture back in the freezer for 3 days, the waxes and lipids drop out and you can strain them. The last bit of alcohol I reserve for the next run, you can pour it through, just watch to make sure you catch the waxes and lipids in the strainer, it has a gel consistency. The last bit has a ton of waxes and lipids, so instead of straining it through, I reserve it. The cool thing is once you have separated the waxes and lipids, even on the counter, they will separate again, so I put that through the next time I do a run, making sure I do not reintroduce the lipids and wax.

If you get into making this on a regular basis, you should invest in a distiller, will reclaim your alcohol, saves money, and keeps you from having to purge off the alcohol, making it safer as well.

12 Likes

Open the jar I believe you drink it. I’m not sure if you’re gonna throw something at me for that. Lol

3 Likes

Looks awesome @Papalag, I’ve gotta give this a try. Have you seen this thread, all kinds of tincture info.

7 Likes

It was my favorite at one time. Also made in corn syrup. I have had it in honey. One of my buddies makes in Everclear. He had to drops it was pretty good. Some people would Vape it. It wasn’t made like the stuff I see you today. Glaslyn. I believe that’s how it was pronounced. I got it in California. You could get a big bottle for about $50. The bottle is what cost the refill was like $20. You could take a dropper full it was like smoking a joint. He made lollipops also. They were the fire. It’s cool to see that kind of stuff I hadn’t seen it in years

3 Likes

Exactly what I used
I full clear capsules with it normally
But I think I’ll boil off the a alcohol and make oil

5 Likes

@Qtip
That’s a great thread I’ve got some good info there

Hopefully @Gardenartus will post a few of her recipes they are the bomb :boom:

4 Likes

Drink it! Gag me! Ha! Man I hate alcohol tinctures, I used to make glycerin tinctures now I just use MCT oil. You can infuse so much it is crazy, honey, corn syrup, I even make simple syrup. I don’t think the directions for making THC simple syrup are correct, a matter of fact those directions outright suck lol. The sugar ends up crystalizing with those directions. I put a touch of corn syrup in there, glycerin, cream of tarter, and I do not boil it! Crazy directions. Sorry kind of taking over your thread Pap.

11 Likes

@Gardenartus your always welcome to jump in my thread please do

4 Likes

That’s some great advice!!! Who wants granular tincture? Lol

2 Likes

She infuses the glycerin instead of using alcohol I believe but I’m sure a Garden will come by sooner or later and hopefully she’ll explain the process . I’ve had some of her tincture , and her goodies that she makes and I have to say they are very good , tasty and she does a wonderful job of it ! right now I’m on a canna sugar kick the wife and I seem to prefer it in our coffee.
I wish I was able to grow more so to make a bunch myself but that’s not going to happen the mrs will not let me take any more space :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy: like with a wife :smirk:

9 Likes

That’s what I mean… I doubt if like it any other way lol… it sounds great!!

1 Like

I’m going to have to catch up on this thread…when you say shake, strain, separate, re freeze… is putting the Everclear in a freezer somehow separating out the hash? I do the Everclear and mixing up the weed but then it goes in a rice cooker and gets boiled… how many posts back should I be looking?

2 Likes

Man idk… @Gardenartus says no boiling… etc…

What are the benefits of removing the waxes and lipids? Or anything for that matter?

I’ve been making grain alcohol tincs for a while… and, I’m probably doing it wrong, lol!

I put 2oz of weed in a quart jar with 500ml of grain alcohol, stick it in the freezer, and shake it whenever I remember…and my memory’s not that good.

After a month, or so, pour it through a coffee filter, and call it a job done.

Tastes terrible, and burns like hell if taken sublingually!

I make it for a few friends with cancers, and Ms Horse, and they all take it in some sort of drink… Ms H prefers hers in vodka!

They all love the effects, both bodily and mentally. I’d thought leaving as much of the plant’s properties in would be more of an entourage effect than removing anything, but whadda I know, I’ve gotten used to it under my tongue, lol!

4 Likes

Sounds terrible man lol

1 Like

It must be me , I must be crazy I look on Instagram and I see all the great looking strange coming out by all these breeders know and unknown to me ! Once I look on the seedbank and I find out that they’re priced at some ungodly amount of money that there’s no way in hell I could afford! damn skippy it only weed what is wrong with these people ! lol

5 Likes

I use my Magical Butter Machine for tincture. Add 3oz decarbed flower and a bottle of Everclear, then let the machine work it’s magic. Pour through the strainer when done to remove plant material. Pour through a coffee filter if you want to purify further.

I usually add a splash of water to 1ml of tincture in a shot glass. Swish it around in your mouth until you’re tired of it, then swallow. Effects kick in quickly when consumed buccally.

6 Likes