Paps Octopots grow

If I water them well enough ( soil below the rooter gets good and wet )then every other day but the bag is easy enough to remove
Also no chance of them getting over watered

3 Likes

You have them in Rapid Rooters or straight into the soil???

2 Likes

I use rapid rooters for my clones
I find some clone in 8 days like this
Only the one ohag is looking limp

3 Likes

Ok @ifish And @Jetdro the last few weeks of flowering weeks 7/8 the plant needs more k then p so I have this meta k from earth juice I think may do the trick I was thinking of adding it to the feeding schedule with the jacks ?
Opinions welcome

3 Likes

@Zoey oh mars guy the light I use on this thread are the reflector series 96 chips each one Question some on the chips don’t come on at the same time about 20 minutes or so after the light is running they go on is there a major problem I should worry about ?
Or is it at the end of its life Please advise
I’ve had them 5 years
Thanks

1 Like

Yes meta k is for k def or just raising k in general (ammedment ) just remember is not complete and must be used in conjunction / mixed with a more complete nute etc helping to achieve / push a nicer ratio for fall , but yes deffo nice find 0/0/10 : )

3 Likes

I was going to add it to the jacks mix week 7 and 8 instead of boosting the fertilizer
What do you think

2 Likes

Yes just crunch the numbers on a piece of paper and work out how much you want to push that ratio in favor of k , and mix accordingly : )

2 Likes

Jacks is working WELL here so far. 6 weeks into flower no problems, ladies like it, bulking up as they should

5 Likes

If you look at the earth juice line it’s very interesting
They have things all separate like the meta k

3 Likes

I took all the clones and put the plants in the dark in the Octopot tent they’ll stay in the dark for 36 hours or so and flip
The small mom tent will stay in veg till clones are rooted then I’ll do the same as above the moms are getting too big so I cut them back a bit while I took clones and cleaned up the lower half for flowering out
I’ll feed urban farms vegetable food at 1 teaspoon per gallon for the first two weeks of transition Along with Orca liquid mycorrhizae at 1 teaspoon per gallon for root development then
Weeks 3 Throu 5 I’ll go to Jacks 10/30/20 also orca liquid mycorrhizae
Weeks 6 ,7 jacks 5/12/26 1 teaspoon per gallon ( correction with advice from fish ) keep 10/30/20 till week 7
Weeks 8,9 jacks 5/12/26 same rate meta k at 1 teaspoon per gallon to start ( may increase we shell see )
Weeks 10 jacks 5/12/26 at 1/2 teaspoon per gallon till finish
@ifish @Jetdro @DesertGrown what’s your thoughts on this schedule it’s basically jets with a twist Or two

3 Likes

Week 6/7 is slightly maybe a bit early to be only pushing k , keep an eye if any of the calx start to swell then go for it
If you change to pushing k too early you could be missing out on the last week of prime time summer , better to be slightly later going into fall than early , kind off : ) it is abit of a balancing act between different phenos and strains running at the same time tho , trying to find that happy medium : )

5 Likes

Thanks bro I’ll make adjustments

1 Like

I don’t think of weeks anymore , by watching the plant as it grows it will show you , you will get to know the different stages , kind off
I have a rough idea of weeks in my head but I am more looking at the plants also : )

3 Likes

The changes is more as a reminder for me to pay more attention to their needs
Thanks bro

3 Likes

Ok the Octopots have been in the dark for 48 hours and have been switched over to 12/12
I’ll bring the Rez up to the next level still feeding 1 teaspoon per gal and 1 teaspoon of orca
I’ve noticed a big difference in the root system using this in the moms when I transplanted , they were whiter and fatter

Also noticed roots in res seems bigger “ feed the roots feed the plant “
A friend @Gardenartus uses this I figured I’d try it out

I’ll keep feeding with the urban farms vegetable food till the 2 Nd week of flowering
Then switch over to jacks

15 Likes

They look outstanding man…outstanding. Orca huh…adding it in wit the tea of TVF???

2 Likes

It seems to make a big difference in the root system
I see the difference in the lemon gas and the shiva dawg from last time

6 Likes

I will go look it up. what is it, just Orca??

Found it looks good, may try it myself…just mixed in with normal feed?? @ what strength ?

2 Likes

Definitely not cheap stuff but I guess if it works good ,I’m using powdered stuff 8 oz jar for 30 bucks might do 25 / 30 transplants to a jar going from 1/2 gal to 5 gal pots .

Does improve the root health big time .

3 Likes