High-Rize Kush

10 Likes

Blueberry & Cream Cookies :cookie:

9 Likes

Shkode Manidoo

11 Likes

Diesel :fuelpump: Powered

15 Likes

Damn dude looks like I need a gas mask before I come up in there hypothetically speaking of course! Fucking beast mode! What kind of lights are you running? Be safe bro.
-J

3 Likes

Thanks @Baltimoreā€¦ Most of the plants above were growing underneath a mixture of halide and sodium 600 watts each. Late winter I disposed the old hoods and ballasts replacing them with HLG 550ā€™s v1 and the HLG Elites that are shining on my diesel generatorā€¦ Just getting started with re-dialing in my genetics and the beasts will be altered one by one :ok_hand:ā€¦

6 Likes

Nice man I just was worried that the LEDs wouldnā€™t put weight on like high pressure sodium but Iā€™ve been out of the game since 2000 lights changed. I grew some beautiful plants back in the day using compact fluorescents but cfls wont bloom like I need. I knew nothing of LED lights until I got back into everything a little while ago. I should have looked in the lights before I bought when I bought it (2000w Bestva)but when the money comes in itā€™ll go right back into a nice LED setup I just like the way they run cool. The one I have itā€™s great for vegging I donā€™t know if itā€™ll have the power to produce buds bigger than a 600w hps I have. If the temperatures are decent enough in my tent I was thinking about using the LED and the HID lights together. I just see these plants and Iā€™m wondering if the LEDs really put the weight on the plants I knew genetics play a factor in it. In your honest opinion do you think LEDs have surpassed hid? Thanks for the info just picking brains. Be safe
-J

3 Likes

Call me late to the game as well. I was skeptical about this all after the first led lights I experimented with eight years back were better suited for reef tanks then actual cannabis gardens. Unlike the masses I donā€™t mind being behind, and after others I know testified to the quantum boards and newer cobs to be worthy investments. I was naturally drawn to the so called ā€œgeneric whiteā€ light with the hlg QB. I canā€™t work under the colored lights and it was always a problem even when I had sodium and halide in equal ratio so this and energy savings was more than enough to convince me that I really donā€™t care for the stress of the HID lighting and the safety hazards and that it was time regardless of whether or not I increased yields. In fact, Iā€™d be happy even if it didnā€™t.

Initially I was using the 550ā€™ 3000k lights along with the last of the halides as I began to assemble a custom made frame for several of the hlg elites to finish the conversion. I think for myself and others who really know how to manipulate the plants using the led and environment manipulation definitely are yielding more than with sodium. But the increases come threefold- more natural development in both structure, colors as well as terpene development without the infrared.

In short, the cooler running temps are not always in ones favor, especially when you factor in VPD & DIF and cold weather conditions. Iā€™d like to say it is best for all, but thereā€™s really no one size fits all type of lighting in my humble opinion even though I do believe that the led lighting is much more superior to the HID lightsā€¦

9 Likes

Hereā€™s a cut going back to the old O.G. days when Ae77 shaped her into the ā€œMeltdownā€ and of course shared. Iā€™m sure sheā€™s somewhere in the archivesā€¦

17 Likes

Nl#5 x Plushberry - Kak1963

13 Likes

Thai-Bubblegum I sent to the U.K. and this was a example that was grown by Bong over at Green Passionā€¦

14 Likes

Damn dude youā€™re just killing it. That meltdown looks aptly named! My brain tingled a bit when I saw it lol

3 Likes

Kak-O by Kak1963

Years ago Aeric77 the creator of the Cali-O cut handed his pride and joy to brother Kak. Well being a Master of the Afghanis Kak decided to make a few improvements which of course made Aeric happy as it was a collaborative project from the start if you know that storyā€¦

12 Likes

I just Iā€™m trying to get straight answers from people who know what theyā€™re doing I hate to say it well I really donā€™t hate to say it people keep saying all these Chinese blurple lights what a stupid fucking word all I know is this light has my plants veg beautifully so I can either run in conjunction and see if the UV Spectrum in the LED with hid is even worse Dylan because I live in a community where I donā€™t pay for electric itā€™s rounded up in the maintenance fee and it doesnā€™t fluctuate so that really doesnā€™t factor into it the electricity part of it I could care less. But Iā€™ve heard that the LEDs trying to make it to church pop and weed little stronger if that makes any sense? I kind of think I get like youā€™re saying that tweaks on that LEDs and such give the plant would it really needs instead of just a straight you know dull glow from the hid. Well hopefully this run goes well and Iā€™ll be able to afford to build a nice LED setup. Thanks for the time bro always appreciate it

1 Like

No is this a seed that still available and is it citrusy like I would like to think it is? That sounds like the closest to what Iā€™m trying to get at besides the 1970s cannabis brochure with four names of weed it when was just like orange Afghani. I wish I could go back to them days and just put those strains aside and keep them alone. I donā€™t know thereā€™s always room for improvement but I like Throwbacks kind of nostalgic. But they do have those seeds or is it a cut only? Ae77 bingo! Am I really 20 25 years to late. I bet if I was plugged in Cali I might be able to find a cut of it. I believe weā€™ll resurrect the true orange. Thatā€™s what I would dub thee sir orange from the land of make believe. Itā€™s all good I appreciate the information on it itā€™s like story time. Iā€™m sure itā€™s out there itā€™ll come around you know what I mean Iā€™m just pushy because Iā€™m new when just looking for it thatā€™s all thanks bro

1 Like

The only legitimate ones I know off hand that have Cali-o crosses would be Bodhi and RedEyed Genetics. The Kak-O was a clone only by Kak1963 and it was a beastly version.

Christmas 1991 was my most memorable due to a visitor from Northern California that brought the legendary California Orange Indica IBL for us to smoke and enjoy. A blessing, that was the first time in my adolescent to partake in a pure wide leaf type. And low and behold, in that 1/8th brought to Michigan there was 17 seeds that all germinated and were growing by the new year. Sadly I was just a teenager growing in a closet and even though I did a open pollination I didnā€™t preserve it due to being young and foolish with just a few years experience alongside a original Marijuana Growers Guide by Mel Frank. That book was actually a hindrance in a way, but it was something that can look back on while chuckling knowing that the plants have taught me more than I could ever learn reading books.

Aged seeds of todayā€™s modern stock often loose viability if not stored properly, unlike with the older lines less refined. Chances of anything California Orange is going to have the odds on its sideā€¦I released a few crosses with the Kak-O around seven years ago, and just last week my right hand man and tester pulled out the last. In water from the tap they went, and by the next morning germination was observed and all seeds were viable after sitting in a nightstand for seven years. And here I am still trying to get seeds five years old to germ after foolishly storing them in a cupboard

5 Likes

Thanks @beacher - indeed the Meltdown, itā€™s a very appropriate nameā€¦ After a long absence from the girls presence, I sent her home to Ae77 and sadly that was the last time I saw her after a years worth of great memories.

3 Likes

Kak1963 Purple Eve

This one was the best of the colored buds I selected in this beautiful cross. These two tops were off a plant grown indoors during a extremely hot summer underneath halide and sodium bleed off.

Blackjack x Plushberry

12 Likes

9 Likes