Please help me succeed at making clones

I’m trying to figure out this tyellowing I’m getting.
Does this look like nitrogen deficient?

Do you all think this is normaly yellowing or a deficiency?

Give it 3 tablespoons of oak wood ashes.Then water the plant with a treatment of fertilome chelated iron in water. This will unlock and feed P and K if it’s not getting it. Plus the FCI will evenly green up your plants.

Spray the inner lower open stems with hydrogen peroxide in case you have a septoria issue building, or any other spores.

Poke holes in the ground deep, this will prevent root rot.

It may need air to the roots better.

1 Like

White Bucket, saran wrap.

1. Spray inside of bucket sides with water.
  2. Cover with saran wrap.

Soil should be not too wet.
Never get water in the clone.

Place clone in soil , place dry clone into the bucket then cover top in saran wrap.

20 to 22 hours light till it roots up.

I’m using an aquarium with saran wrap now

No chemicals, I do about 5 clones at a time in the Aquarium.

I just pulled these out, they all rooted no problem
I needed more males for future projects.

I set 70s Colombian Gold seeds with tails in the tank a bit ago in soil. 6 of 6 seeds sprouted.

I’ve got more CG , I’ll try 6 first.

2 Likes

When rooting clones , it’s all about preping the mums , so one week befor taking cuts feed bloom feed , load up the mum with more pk than n in feed , p for roots and k for plant health , p and k is what shows as def first when rooting clones as p and k not stored in leafs in abundance like n

To much n in cuts also slows rooting ( dark green leafs from veg / grow feed ) so 1/2/2 - 1/3/2 type perfect for mum pior to takin cuts
: )

Preparation of mums is the key to cloning success

4 Likes

Can you spray plants that are flowering with AACT?

Thanks!

You should definitely check out this thread I made Cloning Methods…

2 Likes

Thanks! Looks good.

I’ve had success with stubborn varieties by leaving the cuts in RO water for a few hours then a few hours in mild soln of bloom nutes. It was almost always too much N giving me problems and this really helped.

2 Likes

Do you guys foliar feed with flower nutes? If so are you running like 25% of recommended dose or what? Thanks!

@Cannacryptic any questions just ask : )

I try to veer away from foliar feed.

Only time I foliar feed is when I apply an actively aerated compost tea (AACT), aND even then my goal is to prevent mold and bad microbes, not feed.

2 Likes

I like my homemade bubble cloner. No powders no gels no nutes. Just tap water that gets changed every few days.

I do leave a few extra leaves on so they can eat themselves if they get hungry.

3 Likes

You’re a monster!!

2 Likes

I typically get more hate than a Satan worshiper whenever I share this, but I get better and stronger root development when I cut straight across instead of 45⁰ and I use scissors made for cutting dog nails. I use those also to score rings into thr bark but dont scrape ot remove it.

6 Likes

This is mybe half of one plant.

I lost a few to mold, but very little. Thanks @McShnutz for recommending AACT. I used that and kept the dying and dead leaves off the bods and off the plants.

I also think my dog was peeing on them which was causing old dead & dying leaves. I roped it off so he couldnt get in there and it seemed to fix it.

I kind of threw the kitchen sink at the yellowing problem.

2 Likes

Nothing but cal mag and ro/di water for me 50ml perv5 gallons of water usually lasts for a grow of 10-15 plants I spray 4-5 times a day

1 Like

New reply to an old post but fuck it. :slight_smile:
Have you sorted out your issue yet?
I also lose a few to fungus/mold.

I shake the shit out of the cube after soaking it.

After the first day or two I try to keep things a little dryer than I’d normally be comfortable with.

Too moist and the plant won’t feel the need to grow any legs.
Also I try to keep the stems dry.
( stem rot is my main issue )

Do u open up the dome at least once a day for an air change?

1st sign of mold now I pull em out and disinfect the tray & dome.

Anything with mold growing on it needs to be removed from the other cuts asap.

From my experience some plants can fight it off if they are still strong, most will succumb to slimey wilting death.
I still haven’t mastered the art of :100: success and need to do better myself. Hope you’ve nailed it since this post. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes, I got it sorted out. Thank you!

It came down to two problems.

1. For whatever reason the cloning gels would always mold, killing Amy chance of roots.
  2. These plants were going from outside. The decrease in light was causing the plants to start flowering. I guess it’s difficult to get a flowering plant to root. But eventually the most stubborn strain, super skunk, eventually rooted.
2 Likes

Ah good stuff! I might go back to rooting powder and see if I get a better strike rate.

Just took some cuts today for the first time using plugs instead of the usual rockwool aka algae cubes.
Expecting good results

2 Likes

I have a small “psycloner” water cloner with a pump that sprays the stems until it roots. Tap water and 1/4 tsp of superthrive every four days and scrub clean. I usually see roots in five to ten days. use a cheap box store grow light laid on top. I have 100% root rate so far. I want to try other methods some day.

2 Likes