Please help save my Triangle Kush

I believe this is leaf septoria. Not sure how I acquired it and before I go hacking my plant I would love a more imformed opinion.

Grow medium is Fox Farms Ocean in a 10 gal fabric pot. It is receiving Boogie Brew at full strength once per week and regular water the rest of the time. I gave it one feeding a week ago of PrideLands veg which is an organic fertilizer. This is the only plant I have that shows this disease so I di not believe it came from here.

Water is sourced from my well and has a pH of 7.0. Because I am growing organic I believe I do not need to work the pH down. The plants are all real green and healthy minus this one issue.

I am looking for a fast acting organic solution. Neem oil has been mentioned

2 Likes

Looks fine to me pull the leaves that are discolored and carry on. Lol looks fine to me wouldn’t worrie about it

2 Likes

I would recommend taking a few sample leaves off and carefully inspecting them, especially the underside for tiny critters. Some insects, such as, but not limited to aphids, can cause blotching, which progresses from yellow to black in most cases, where the black is mold from the increase in moisture from damaged and exposed leaf innards.

If you don’t see bugs, just keep an eye on it. Also look under a jeweler’s loupe for minute leaf surface damage, indicating their past presence. It could very well just be chlorosis, and not caused by pests. Just keep an eye on it, and your feeding and temperature in that case.

3 Likes

Sound advice from @resimax . You going to up the container size or is that their final home?

2 Likes

You really grabbed me with that headline. Here’s what I read:

Please help me save my triangle
Kush

:rofl::rofl:

I just did a web search for septoria and a plant with leaves very similar to yours showed up! But most of the pictures looked really bad. Yours doesn’t, at least to me. I’d just remove the leaves too and hope it goes away on its own . You could spray it down with sulfur water - that’s supposed to make things pretty hostile for molds.

1 Like

A mild citrus solution would also be an option, as well as a copper fungicide. Stay away from neem oil if you can help it. It deters pests that introduce septoria as a side effect, but doesn’t help the situation at hand much, assuming it is septoria, which I am now inclined to believe, after inspecting the plant more closely.

If opting for the citrus solution, dilute it to about 40mL per gallon (lemon juice will work fine, though fermenting it may have better results). It acts as a leaf surface pH adjuster, discouraging mold growth.

I would stay away from neem oil, as the residue (and smell) never goes away, and especially no oil-based components in bloom when you get there. Sulfur works good, though I personally stay away from it, as citrus doesn’t leave a smell and can be applied even in bloom.

Most importantly though, defoliate and destroy as many affected leaves as your plant can comfortably handle, before applying an IPM. If this is septoria, you caught it early enough to stand a chance at combating it. If left un-managed, it is quite an ugly crop destroyer. If you don’t see brown soon, then it probably isn’t septoria. I am not going to give any definitive diagnosis because there are too many similar symptoms; I’m simply just giving advice on what to do if it is a fungal infection such as septoria.

Also, don’t just treat the plant, but the soil as well. Bacteria found in the soil can spread the fungal infection, as well as pests when they increase humidity in the leaves after microscopic munching. The wet sap and spores exposed from damaged leaves can make it spread rapidly if untreated, as with pretty much any fungal infection.

3 Likes

Imo not septoria, looks like the plant has outgrown a small imbalance.

This one had mild Septoria.

3 Likes

Final home. Thought about putting in the ground but I live in a valley and we flood frequently. Needed something mobile and anything bigger I fear would be difficult to move should I need to. Hoping the 10 gal pots will be sufficient.

1 Like

I to thought that 24 hrs ago but it exploded today and seems to be spreading fast. It has been real hot and humid here and I think that is not a good thing. I will check progress tomorrow and update everyone.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I will check in the morning with a jeweler loop and I may simply apply the citrus mix as you mentioned to be safe. Should I pull all the affected leaves?

Personally, I would apply a spray first, after learning about your heat wave and humid valley, like my own area in the northeastern US as of late. I wouldn’t remove any leaves your plant can’t handle being removed, and from the looks of it, seems to be nearly the entire bottom half.

I have sprayed sulfur in flower, and washed the plants in soapy water at harvest and didn’t notice any gunpowder or matches taste. But there was a study where the tiny sulfur particles ended up inside the trichomes where it can’t be washed off.

I’ll personally continue to spray in flower if I need to, but do understand it may be risky.

1 Like

It exploded since last night. I was freaked out when I went to look at it tonight as it is quickly taking over. I will make the spray in the morning and hit her before it gets to hot assuming that is advisable and not wait until evening.

Do you know if it is contagious and should I isolate this from the others? I am thinking I may spray all my plants to be safe if there would be no adverse affects.

2 Likes

Yes, it is very contagious, if it is septoria.

1 Like

Start with a small ratio of citrus, as too much can burn leaves. Always start small and spot test, and ramp up as needed.

I always use 40-50mL/gal. I have used more, but noticed slight burning, so it is where I stand, as a regular spray against mostly powdery white mildew.

1 Like

Ok thank you. I am going to go move her far away from the others right now. Need to lock up the chickens anyways.

2 Likes

I always apply it twice during the day, about twice per week, on a regular basis, to prevent fungal infections. It evaporates fast in hot weather, and I haven’t seen any sun magnification damage from being wet. I apply it again about an hour before dusk. While it does adjust the pH to discourage mold growth, it is still a form of humidity, and I do not feel comfortable leaving plants dripping wet overnight.

I have also applied it in late veg indoor during a fungal infection a few times, and cured the disease. It’s just what I use, and there are countless other options though. Good luck!

1 Like

I started with this product, but I now ferment my own similar solution. I can speak highly of this product though, but it is quite expensive:

Is any citrus good? I checked and all I currently have is lime juice. The local hydroponics store does not sell the product you listed though I may order some.

What is the ferment time?

It varies based on environment, and I include other ingredients that also aid in mold prevention. My solution is similar to making LABs, which by itself is a good foliar spray IPM. I don’t have my recipe on hand at the moment, but it isn’t too far off from what is commonly available for making lactic acid bacteria, if you search around on these forums and the interwebs.

1 Like