Please help with diagnosis, thanks

Space Monkey 18/6
Dunno what that is, magnesium deficiency was the closest match on the Ganja deficiencies chart.
Knowledge increases garden skills exponentially. Let’s Grow!
Peace

3 Likes

Firstly, what’s your media, what are you feeding with (name, ec, ppm, frequency of feedings), what is your pH and what is the pH and ppm of your runoff?

4 Likes

I would go for Iron instead hum|nullxnull, those are the new leaves, what’s your pH? beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

FFOF FFHF blend. EWC. No idea of ppm or ph. Only pot in tent with this issue. Thanks for all the help

Thanks again for the help, it’s also on older leaves

Also the 10g pot is currently growing 4 seedlings

Peace

2 Likes

So it’s in soil and you aren’t feeding it because of the ocean forest and that is what it is…usually a good month of great growth and the plants will deplete that food source… only really ewc and that’s loaded with nitrogen which is why those leaves are nice and dark…

Reason I ask, is my tap water runs about 8.2ph and that’s about a step and a half higher than it needs to be for soil.

Bottom of the plant and those little spots would be calcium def in my eyes and the first thing that locks out in a pH issue

6 Likes

In my experience most people do not have soil that is living/healthy/diverse enough to buffer pH to a high degree. I would suggest you get a ph pen and test what level your water is at out of the tap. Experienced growers with living soil do not want or need a pH pen typically, but until then I suggest you get one and use it.

4 Likes

Are you saying that the ph is off?
Thanks

If your pH is too alkaline Iron and others would be out of range:

Soil pH chart

Buying a pH pen as suggested is a good idea, buffering in soil needs at least 15 gallons to work if I recall. Those spots don’t look to me as a deficiency but thrips damage, otherwise the rest of the plant would have it, apparently not the case … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

I am saying it could certainly be and you should find out.

Wind damage

Getting a pH baseline is a very good idea.

I got my numbers, tailored my approach and now don’t need to check anymore :+1:

2 Likes

Found a little white wormy crawly looking creature with like a green tail/back/bottom on another leaf under the loupe. Hit heavy with Neem, Peppermint Dr. Bronners, and cocowet.

Thanks @George and everyone else.

Peace

2 Likes

2 Likes

Could be thrip larva but, in my experience and going by your pics, I would bet a left testicle it’s your Ph, and you probably got thrips.

2 Likes

Im gonna go with N toxicity. Your soil looks very hot. That also atracts more bugs. And locks other nutrients

1 Like

Never seen an N toxicity that looked like that.

1 Like

Well they are the darkest plants Ive seen xD not to be racist xD the yellow spots could be a deficiency caused by lock because of N toxicity. Thats what I meant

1 Like

An excess of N can lead to an fe imbalance, but you will usually see the old eagle claw effect on the leaves before you get to that stage. In my own personal experience of course. :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah but whose testicle? :joy:

4 Likes