I find I am having issues in my EB jr’s

I find I am having issues in my EB jr’s . Two different plants presented two different issues. I am thinking I may have let them veg for too long and the plant is perhaps just having issues.

16 Likes

Bottom on the white spots in problem plant 1 . Middle upper of plant 2 with rust spots.

2 Likes

I can’t believe nobody else has tried to help you in 3 days! Looks like PH fluctuation.

4 Likes

The post was buried in a thread so I move it her to find help.
Hopefully @George or @ReikoX or the many good folks here can help.
I hope that is OK @anon74731205

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

Is this localized to a few leaves or is this all over? Whites spots look like bleaching from water drops. The rust looks like phosphorus deficiency

4 Likes

Does it look like this one;

What is the kind of water are you using in you EBjr?
Are you pH it.
Do you add anything to the water.
The kind of soil may help to know.

2 Likes

I use tap with an aqua crest hose filter to remove chloramine and chlorine. Nothing added. It is worth noting I have bad tap water with very high PH , and lots of sediments comes from the old plumbing in the house.

As for soil it’s build a soil 3.0 that’s new , not recycled. It is worth noting that these plants are in an earthbox jr and it’s a monster for being in 3.5 gallons of soil. Like the size of what I’d probably get from a regular EB. I may have just accidentally vegged her longer than I should have. I amended twice lightly for flower already, it should be approaching week 2 of decay for round 2 of amending.

3 Likes

Not making a diagnosis but as an anecdote I’ve seen this kind of interveinal chlorosis / necrosis in undersized pots that have also been exposed to watering extremes (both under and correctively over). I know you’re in an Earthbox so probably hasn’t been under-watered. I tend to agree with your view on letting them veg too long for the available root-space being the culprit. With living soil the size relationship between plant and root-space is extremely important in my opinion.

6 Likes

Yeah, it may have depleted nutrients @syzygy .

1 Like

Sorry to see the blemishes, this stuff is frankly above my pay-grade. I’ve had a hard time being able to properly diagnose these types of potentially minor issues, though I know the feeling, ANY unhealthy signs gets me ALL upset, yet again, I usually end up making things worse before they get better. I actually just saw some similar spots on one of my outdoor plants, I pray we both figure out what is up. Going to be checking in with you and your lady. :v:

I saw that you use a filter, just wondering if you let your water sit out for 24 hours or so before use? Im on a well now but in the past, letting the water sit out seemed to really help, possibly you could collect rain water?

I was thinking the same, but then I saw borders are not affected and there are purple petioles, so could be Phosphorous instead:

these scratches could be thrips activity Cadderptura

if the plant is weak it may be attacked, perhaps pH is too high and plant cannot assimilate nutrients even having them, filtering is a good thing but what’s your pH? beer3|nullxnull

Edit: pH could be the issue

2 Likes

Nah, it’s been amended and only in week 2 of flower I find that hard to believe It’s depleted of nutrients.

1 Like

If it’s been given the same water through Veg and had no issues prior, wound this arise later in early flower if a PH issue?

gotta start at the beginning and assume its a watering issue, i know the EBs can go anerobic with living soil if the res is not allowed to fully drain before re-filling, maybe let it really dry down for a bit and refill?

I’m going to transplant prior to amending anything additional in if possible. Larger earthboxes should arrive today.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s a PH issue as I stated in first post. I have the same problem when I put the 4" rockwool cubes into the new rockwool without adjusting ph.

1 Like

Yes but growing in Rockwool, versus living soil is very different.

2 Likes

it sure is but ph change is not

Plants have different needs in flower stage, less Nitrogen and more Potassium and Phosphorous. I wonder if you have some sort of nutrient lockout due to an unbalanced pH, do measure the runoff ppm, maybe after a too long vegging that soil is actually poor of nutes and plant is just hungry … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

2 Likes