Please read and let me know what you think. Please!

Yea, that is the same thing that happend to me.
No buds to speak of.
Never finished forming flowers, then it got sick and just died.
This death may have been my fault but I did try and keep her going.

2 Likes

I’m going to try and just seed it out with the BOG sour Bluetooth.It’s very healthy I’m just worried about what the Bud transition is going to be like.

2 Likes

I got one like that too :sweat_smile:

That’s a cut that started throwing pistils and wouldn’t return to full veg, so I said f it and flowered her. Flower response was weak, so I pollinated her.
Here she is, seeds almost ready.
No real buds to speak of…

2 Likes

I like the way you think @Mithridate I think this might just work with some elbow grease and determination.Very many Kudos on getting that one to make beans.With how those are could you imagine if bean making was that easy every time.Look at how much less material you have to dig through and process just to get that end product you wanted those beans.Like picking berries off a bush.Good idea Man absolutely stellar

1 Like

If you cross an auto and a photo the F1 generation will be 100% photo. All seeds will carry the recessive gene for auto flowering. If you cross a brother and sister from the F1 seeds you’ll get 25% auto, 25% photo and 50% will be what everyone now is calling “fast”. To make autos you need to choose a male and female showing the Auto trait.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between those and what they call a Semi Auto?Or is that the same thing?

2 Likes

An auto by name does not rely on a lighting schedule to determine when it will start to flower. The fast photos (auto x photo) are dependent on a light schedule to flower. But who knows, could be the same thing.

2 Likes

Heard something about it when James Loud talk about it briefly on a Podcast I have an idea what they are kind of.As far as breeding for Auto Traits how many generations of breeding to lock that in?

2 Likes

You asking how many generations to turn a photo strain into an auto strain?

2 Likes

Yes Sir that would be

2 Likes

I’m not expert I assure you. And there are of course variables. But if you start with a stable photoperiodic strain and pollinate it with as pure a ruderalis as you can find you would be looking at about six generations to achieve a stable auto strain.

2 Likes

Fast versions are often sold as f1s, being carriers of the auto genes has the benefit of shaving a week or two off the flower time.

Semi autos are usually outdoor lines selected to trigger anytime after summer solstice, making them better adapted to growing up north but a pita to maintain a mom.

They don’t necessarily contain auto genes, although some do.
Mighty mite for example is Himalaya x ruderalis but selected towards “fast” and full photo that finished earlier and earlier outdoors.
Depending on who does the reproduction, some batches can end up with a % full autos.

3 Likes

This is the one that comes to mind. I know some will flower if root bound as you noted.

1 Like

I think you are a lucky dog to get your hands on those Beans to play with, after all JACK got magic beans why not you! :clap::partying_face::sunglasses: