Crossing auto x photo strains

If I take my Colloidal turned white widow pollen and use it on my northern lights auto what will my auto’s percentage be? White widow is feminized. For seeds that is.

1 Like

I believe its 25% Auto 25% Photoperiod 50% something inbetween
I may be way off though

2 Likes

Yeh, I think f1s are 25% auto’s …But since it’s over 5generations of feminized White widow… I’ll just be happy getting some full season northern lights to veg out with longer.Now has anyone out there crossed these two before? Northern lights with some stink… maybe?? Hoping

You have reversed it for 5 generations?
Do you see any weakness from doing so?

1 Like

Been lucky so Farr. Plenty of them out there…

will they not be all photoperiod? from what @ReikoX posted before i thought photoperiod is dominant?? PP x pp will make Pp = all photoperiod and you’d need to breed to the f2 generation and get 25% pp (autoflower)

5 Likes

Yep…All we have is time…Love this hobby.

photo to auto cross all your f1’s will be photoperiods

its only in your second generation aka f2’s where 25% will express the auto trait, as its a recessive gene.

Now if crossing auto to auto, then the results will obviously be an auto.

7 Likes

OK I did not know that
So how does fas version come about are they also present in the f2 of an auto/photo cross?

1 Like

fast version photoperiods are just those f1’s of the “photo x auto” cross, or subsequent generations that don’t have the auto flowering trait. Its just the autoflowering trait can but “not always” reduce flowering times

7 Likes

your correct the first cross are the fast versions like sweet seeds stuff for example. then as they reach f2/ f3 they go from 25% auto to 50 / 75% and so on.

1 Like

Hey gang,
I failed science in high school, so my punnet square is all buggered. If I take pollen from an auto and pollinate one of my purple diesels, is the likelihood of getting an autoflower fem seed 1:4 (25%)???

Pollen is from a femmed auto that I stressed until it grew some balls.

Purple diesel x think different = think purple?..think diesel?..different diesel?..different purple?

2 Likes

Also…if I bred a femmed auto this way, how can I stabilize that femmed auto trait? Breed it with itself or use the femmed pollen?

1 Like

Yep, or better in my limited experience.

Dienker Pursle

:laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

From what I’ve been told the first generation will be 100% photoperiod as it is a dominant trait. If you make f2s roughly 25% should be autos.

I made some seeds like this when my Mr sparkle autos were inadvertently pollinated by a male I had hanging out in my sunroom, I’m really curious what will come out of them. I’ve started 4 as testers and 2 seem to be mutant freaks, I’m not sure if that’s due to the autoXphoto crossing or what

3 Likes

To stabilize it I would first lock onto the auto trait by crossing 2 auto f2s which I believe should give all auto kids , then you can feminize them however you like.

2 Likes

This should help answer your question

9 Likes

Lol…punnet square and everything. Thanks mang!!

1 Like

Quick question for you…in your tagged post, you talk about breeding photo and auto and the odds of getting another auto…however, if I crossed an auto and a photo, took 20 of those seeds and 2 were female auto, could I colloidal silver those to stabilize the auto trait?..or would the photo still be dominant and express itself in those seeds?

1 Like

Almost… if you crosses an auto and a photo, all 20 of those seeds would be a photo. You would have to cross those seeds (F2) before the auto trait appeared. An auto crossed with an auto will always be an auto, regardless of if you feminized them or not.

4 Likes