Polination from my regular seeds is correct way to get seeds from same specie?

i will buy

Cannabiogen 5 Regular Seeds, from Peyotl Purple
https://www.cannabiogen.com/Producto/PEYOTE%20PURPLE-16.html

Humbold Seeds 5 Regular Seeds from Og Kush

Emerald Triangle Sour Lemon Og

everyone is regular seeds, and i think to i can doing polinization between this seeds, but i dont know if it is correct way to do that, some one can help me

4 Likes

Didn’t know OG Kush regs were around? Not a pro or anything. LOL. Get em and get them going!

1 Like

Here you got the info on that… @hempmex

4 Likes

Crossing any of those seeds is crossing poly hybrids wich would give you tons of genetic variation. If you want to keep those genetics just clone the best girls of the bunch.

4 Likes

I would agree with Pjhunt78… Just clone your favorites and keep em going ;]

If you just want a bunch of free lottery tickets (seeds with high genetic variation)…
you would grow the male and the female plants out together, letting the male pollinate the female, this creates seeds in the female buds. This is very basic explanation, if you are still interested I recommend reading a few books on marijuana breeding to get a basic understanding of whats going on.

Good Luck!

3 Likes

Your question is unclear. You’re talking about the process or about the selection ?

Thats amazing brother, you got the best knowladge about it.

im trying to explain if it is correct way to Polinization seeds, with both female and male, from same regular seeds. for example og kush male vs og kush female, what going to be a result? but a friend @Pjhunt78 makes my a best recomendation i will doing just clone then i will try doing personal Crosses, with landrance seeds.

1 Like

You will produce seeds that way yes, those are called F1. P1 = Parent 1, P2 = Parent 2.

P1 x P2 = F1.

2 Likes

Nice Brooother i will read more about that crosses between seeds unfortunately im not a grower for prosefion but i do my best for get the best knowladge about that

1 Like

Anda al hilo de espanyol si te cuesta explicarte en ingles… Me extranya.

Go to the Spanish thread if explaining yourself in English is hard. No worries.

2 Likes

That would not make F1 seeds. That would be interbreeding poly hybrids wich gives you tons of genetic variation. To make an f1 you need unrelated parents. Recreating that strain from those seeds would take tons of work. Or incredible luck.

5 Likes

There are also Polys that breed true ya just have to experiment for a few decades.

Sub

8 Likes

Not quite true as we need to compare result to original parent that breeder used.

Exactly… Technically speaking you are crossing

F1 x F1 = F2

so the result is F2 which has way higher variation (unless you are already working with “true breeding” (IBL) strains as @Subcool suggests, but that is highly unlikely).

@hempmex you can read a lot about it in GrowFAQ, for example:

2 Likes

Thanls for show me the way about this pretty platform, im looking for information but it will be dificutl to get it.

You can go from GrowFAQ homepage, or search in FAQ archive by adding in:faq to your search query (for example search for “f2” in FAQ)

1 Like

That’s how we do it since centuries.

An OG Kush F2 line.

Do the both.

In a first time you can do a “one shot hybrid” without selection : the F1 female on your five pack x the male landrace that you aim.

Then you can increase the quality of this cross later, in selecting again a new/better female in your own OG Kush F2 line. 5 seeds only don’t permit to have a good margin in term of quality and opportunity. The bonus is that you will known how to react the landrace allready, and refine the selection of the F2 female in this way.

have fun

1 Like

No, tico, no es tan fácil, como @Pjhunt78 bien apunta: para que se cumplirá la cita de @GrowerGoneWild los P1 y P2 deben ser Landraces puras hechas heirlooms o híbridos modernos hechos IBLs … Y cuanto menos emparentados entre ellos mejor.

2 Likes

Well, it would really make “F1 seeds from his P1 x P2 cross”, but withoth Mendelian hybrid vigor n without Mendelian F1 " homogeneidad/estabilidad"…

3 Likes

Are ya totally sure that strains of @hempmex grow are F1’s ?

2 Likes