Poll: Legal vs. underground gardening

Passing the time my seeds need to arrive, I browsed a lot of pics of your growing spaces from tiny to farm size. It made me wonder how many of you enjoy legal gardening nowadays and how many have to stay in the underground like myself. (There was an option “Show who voted”, it’s turned off.)

• Legal gardening
  • Legal gardening, but exceed the limit
  • Underground gardening
  • Don’t grow because it’s illegal
  • Don’t grow although it’s legal

0 voters

11 Likes

I love not having to worry about it. I am in a legal state. However, I preferred when it was a medical only state. Legalization has driven up the dispensary prices and the taxes are crazy now. Thought legalizing would cut back on cartel activity, but since legalization the black market is cheaper once again. So we’ll see what happens.

16 Likes

2 letters U and K. Enough said :wink:

8 Likes

Legal here. Feels better this way

9 Likes

I started growing in an illegal state, I moved and now I’m compliant. This year I’m setting plants outside in my back yard and I cant fricken wait.

Having said that - I still have to break down 3 tents and get them here. Been thinking I could set it up in a U-Haul for the ride here.

15 Likes

In Canada but agree with Meesh. Thought legalization would be good but no. And since I am in one of the provinces that does not allow personal growing it’s even worse. I have my ACMPR so piece of mind is great.

9 Likes

Legal in Canada and larger type licenses aren’t that tuff to get.

@MBVapester ACMPr is the way to go for sure

7 Likes

Legal in Canada here too. Still not used to it lol

6 Likes

Illegal here in Spain, but more worried about rain showers than with the police. As long as you are discreet and have tolerant neighbors there’s no prob at all, they are looking for the big fishes.

I have a “moving platform” in case of unfriendly visits or rain, I park it under cover until needed … :sunglasses:

18 Likes

Legal! Oh Canada :slight_smile:

I’ve only got 3 plants going, my first harvest is today!!! If I could do a back flip I would. Probably about 2months away from doing my 4 plant limit.

7 Likes

“Fun” fact: I found a tiny seed in a bag of hemp tea and threw it in a coco thingy to germinate yesterday.

The strain (Finola) is legal in the EU, but only for certified farmers. It contains virtually no THC (<0,3%) and about 3,5% CBD (that is considered high CBD content here :cry:).

Still it’s illegal for me to grow it.

I’d love to at least grow some CBD Auto Charlotte’s Angel in the open. Not sure what kind of penalty I’d get if a neighbour reports me, but don’t feel like finding out the hard way.

5 Likes

AKA - Fuck The Police :+1:

6 Likes

Legal in Canada, however I very briefly exceed the limit sometimes during the first few weeks while I weed out males, and I am not concerned about the consequences (fine) if I am ever caught with 2 extra seedlings.

7 Likes

Grew for many years underground, then built up a care-giver space once medical became legal. Now that we’ve passed recreational I’m happy to be growing legally in my own home without having to hide and be stealthy about everything.

I am far enough off the road that I don’t even bother with carbon filters any more, I figure the chicken coop is between the house and the road so they can mask any smells headed that way.

5 Likes

Wet stinking chicken crap will hide most other smells and keep most things away lol.

I used to grow gorilla style in the UK, when I lived there, anywhere between 50-75 plants outside, back in the eighties. I wasnt sure about drug testing before we emigrated, so I came off the weed for 3 years :frowning:

Started smoking again a couple of years after being in Canada, in 2006. I thought about growing again but the wife was dead set against it, as I can get deported for any crime carrying a custodial sentence, being only a permanent resident here.

I had a bad neck injury at work, and cant work anymore, but got my medical licence 2 years ago, and started growing. I am always over my plant count, by 40%, during cloning for the next batch of plants, and just before harvesting current. I am currently @ 3.5g a day or 18 plants, and with my 4 rec plants per household, 22 plants :slight_smile:

I just renewed my licence with the weed doc, 4 weeks ago, she asked me how much I was using a day now, and I said 4 - 4.5, so she said OK I will bump you up from 3 to 3.5. grams a day, I didn’t say anything because it means nothing to me really, unless I get a visit, but why would you restrict someones usage when its legal, and I can go and buy as much as I want, and smoke it. Seems a bit stupid to me.

7 Likes

Weed on wheels, love it. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Great topic.

I like unique additions to our growing resource.

Here in Mass, we are enjoying a reasonably good law.

It isn’t perfect, but it is somewhat reasonable.

When the Fed finally flips, we’ll all be better off.

7 Likes

How does the number of plants relate to your daily dosage?
Something like 5 plants for each g/day?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what it is here. I abide by the same rules

1 Like

Found a calculator. Interesting.

2 Likes