Cannadian legal Cannabbis sales not quite as expected lol

7 Likes

I’m shocked that people aren’t lining up to buy sub par weed inconveniently and at double the price!

Only the Canadian government could somehow screw up selling drugs lol

16 Likes

So with legal sales dropping, do you think if we get a conservative government, with all their buddies losing money hand over fist, does anyone think they will remove the 4 legal plants from the public seeing as Quebec and Manitoba have said no to it already.

3 Likes

Doubtful they will toss the 4 plant law. I do however think they will start aggressively targeting Canada growers again. Comes into question actually if this is the purpose of these laws etc… to keep the war on drugs alive and strong, which is a profitable business for our goverment. Also they get to double dip by arresting for selling it and making money from selling it. Not to mention all the taxes collected off it and all the heavy fines they slap on legal sellers like what we just saw in Ontario.

All I know is we are not safe in Canada with these meatballs at the helm. The entire Canadian pot industry is over run with ex police and ex politicians. It’s as corrupt as it gets. Very sad to see the people who started the industry muscled out by our goverment.

11 Likes

Looks like that…you cant stop the war on drugs aka black market by price gouging

3 Likes

Harvest time is going to be interesting. There’s going to be so much seed weed around people will be giving the stuff away.

3 Likes

@Schmokey wouldn’t have that problem if people were smart and used clones to plant outdoors then there wouldn’t be a shit ton of seeded crap but then again the government is just as bad at selling seeded shit

2 Likes

I hear that. I got chatting with a customer a couple weeks ago about growing a couple plants outside. If he is typical of most, my decision not to grow outside this year was probably a good one. Any of us who are in an urban area and use outside air for ventilation would be wise to invest in a high quality filter that will trap pollen

3 Likes

I see three options: 1) clones, 2) fems, 3) ID the males early and pull them.

If you are talking guerrilla bush weed, all bets are off.

I don’t care much either way. My seed weed gets me just as high as sensi does.

5 Likes

One thing to note about “seed weed” - it could put you in jail.

Why?

Many people may not be aware, but under Canada’s new laws 1 seed = 1 gram of dried flower

So what?

So, if the home possession limit in your province is xxx grams of dried flower, and you have xxx grams of dried flower that contains xxxx # of seeds, you are technically WAY over the possession limit.

Example; in BC the home possession limit is 1000 grams. If I have 500 seeds in the jar in my fridge, I can only have 500 grams of dried flower. Easy enough math.

However, If I do an outdoor grow and it goes to seed, and I harvest 500 grams of seeded bud (with how many thousands of seeds?) I am potentially fucked.

Not something to “worry about” per se, but definitely something to be aware of.

3 Likes

In Canada There is no possession limit at home. Only out in public which is 30g

3 Likes

Honestly it’s just a supply chain issue, a major one, right from the production to the distribution. IT’S ALL public, and everyone knew it was not going to compete. There is not enough legal supply either because the good private business that get to produce have to wait for licensing and they can’t produce efficiently or responsively since the distribution is so pathetic.

Think of alcohol in Ontario, public distribution does fine, because it sells THE SHIT. “The shit” is produced and shipped reliably, and of top quality, by the worlds greatest private production businesses.
LCBO has what we want and no one else does… It is pretty much the opposite for weed.

If the government wants tax revenue then they need to fix the distribution more than anything. I know they are licensing private companies. But they are trying to rebrand strains in attempts to own the rights ect. and avoid copyright battles. They can’t do this. That like saying: “oh no you don’t want an Audi, try this new Canadian version called the Cowdy it’s just as good or better, but it will take one year before you actually get your car…” The marketing has been internationally established (or starting to be) since the 60’s and has grown to be quite sophisticated, not unlike craft beer. We know what strains we want and we know what quality different breeders/growers produce. The growing and distribution need to be timely and reliable, not strangled by licensing and rebranding, and EMBARRASSING PUBLIC DISRUBUTION. Ultimately they have implemented slow and expensive, SHIT supply chain that HAS NO CUSTOMERS DEMANDING THEIR PRODUCTS.

Ever heard of Amazon? why do you think store fronts in general are dieing. If you can’t give me top quality at a fair price within one hour I am just not interested.
We have no choice but to buy illegal and the government has no choice but to seriously change their business plan if they want to actually create a legal industry and therefore tax revenue. HIRE SOME FUCKING TALENT. Not some old tenured bureaucrat who only ever just tried his first puff!
If there was a “walmart” or an “amazon” in the distribution and A LOT more quality legal supply, I would buy legal.

1 Like

The provinces set the home possession limit. In BC it is 1000 grams, AFAIK.

2 Likes

I must have lucked out in NS, there is no home storage limit. I checked the other week, when I saw my medical licence had no storage limit on it.

2 Likes

My acmpr limits the amount of dried flower allowed in my home. At least I am pretty sure it does. I will check my paperwork.

2 Likes

Mine did last year but not after it was renewed in March, which is why I was checking it out.

2 Likes

90grams for me

1 Like

That’s what happens when they hire people who never grew weed before to run massive operations. Moldy bug infested weed like we seen from OCS in the first few months. It’s no wonder why the sales aren’t as expected.

6 Likes

That looks like the old green form like I had last year, the new one is yellow in colour. Under Maximum Quantity of dried cannabis authorized to possess, mine is 105 but that’s out in public or in my car travelling, not home storage. On my old form it has a section for home storage which is no longer on the new form.

Last year my home storage was 675 grams.

4 Likes

There are no maximum storage limits for Alberta. :raised_hands:

5 Likes