Poll: What kind of pots do you use? 🌱

Just want to check what are the most popular and reasons why people use them … ejem|nullxnull

• Plastic
  • Fabric
  • Airpot
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

14 Likes

Fabric and plastic

5 Likes

Well i normally fill buckets with water but I’m playing around with plastic pots and coco right now. No particular reason other than they are the cheapest option

3 Likes

5" square plastic for sog pheno hunts!
Because they fit perfectly in my humble tent :slightly_smiling_face:

5gallon rdwc for sensi/prod !
Because my stubborn ass was told to have a few dirt runs under my belt before diving into hydro. So I did the only sensible thing and I started in rdwc. 5gallons, simply for water volume hence stability and because bigger volumes aren’t necessary. I tried 20gallons and pretty much wasted nutes for “science” lol

7 Likes

I use plastic just because it’s cheap and easy to clean.

4 Likes

Anything/everything from the dollar tree, dont need anything fancy and I’m not try to keep up with the Jones’s folks.

4 Likes

I use fabric pots. I find if I wash them properly they stand up to a year or two of use indoor. The one I have outdoors are still fine too. I like them, I used to only use 3 gallon plastic pots. I’m tired of them, don’t find them as convenient as the fabric bags.

2 Likes

I voted plastic, but to be fair I use all 3 as well as auto pots, depending on the situation.

2 Likes

I chose plastic for indoors. Outdoors I like to use the big 6.585 billion trillion ton pot :grin: one size fits all :joy:

9 Likes

I’m trying new stuff all the time.
Current favorites are:

• Solo cups (modified)
  • 5.5 jumbo plastic nursery pots 100 (in^3), fits 1020 trays
  • lined fabric bags (big improvement)

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Why do you like the lined pots better and what are they lined with?

2 Likes

Any pics? ejem|nullxnull

1 Like

They are new(ish)? I found them this summer at Black-swallow soils

It’s a basic cloth pot with a plastic liner sewn to the inside. From the top to a few inches from the bottom. It prevents a lot of moisture loss through the side but root trimming air in at the bottom.

{edit}
better pics

Cheers
G

6 Likes

19L fabric pots, 6 grows old and still going strong, but small plastic pots for seedlings.

1 Like

I’ve had thoughts on how to Jerry rig this in a regular fabric pot, there’s gotta be some thin plastic sheet material you could cut to fit the inside diameter to achieve the same effect right? Anyone ever tried that??

Fabric pots, I really like how cheap they are.

4 Likes

fabric and plastic

2 Likes

Airpot indoors; hand watered to obligate daily checking.

Outdoors fabric pot.

But the plants that will go outdoors this year are starting in airpots then going into fabric pots.

1 Like

Fabric pot with a smaller plastic pot on top of it.

The lower level I use for all that decomposes and to grow vetch for nitrogen since it doesn’t give a shit about all the fungus that goes on there.

Cannabis and smaller covercrop grows in the smaller pot on top.

But could also do it the other way around, keep the small pot as a worm bin and water in there so all the worm juice and nutrients flow down into the bigger pot where you sow your covercrop and cannabis around the smaller pot.

5 Likes

Use to use the fabric pots unless you have something under them it’s a mess,

Found nice plastic pots with removable bottom $4.99 each in the Chinese hardware store down the street from me,buy soil there as well

3 Likes