Pollinated plants flowering time?

Hi everyone, i been trying to make some crosses, and every thing is going well, just regulars, i got a powerful male i picked and a bunch of females, now I’m about a month in and all the females are looking about finish, all the pistols are brown and the seed pods are swelled up, does pollinated females finish early or did i messed up the dates?

2 Likes

It shouldn’t change anything. I let mine go a long time to make sure the seeds are mature. I dont smoke my seeded plants so I let them basically die.
I would check the seeds for ripeness if I planned on smoking it

2 Likes

I’m planning on making hashish.

1 Like

Theres a certain amount of time some go by.
5 or 6 weeks I think. Let’s ask @Gpaw hes a good seed maker

2 Likes

I’ll go the full two months, i start counting after i see pistols, I’m also removing the male soon so that it stops making new seeds and let the ones inoculated mature, don’t know if that is a thing to do.

2 Likes

I remove my male too. I’m terrible about keeping up with dates. I just check lower buds for mature.
Others are way more professional about it

1 Like

They will finish a few weeks earlier than unseeded. Case in point my seeded run finished at 9 weeks, where 14-16 weeks for non-seeded. It was a Sativa I ran.

3 Likes

Timing should be the same. Pluck a seed and see if they’re ready and if not let her go a bit longer.

4 Likes

I’m working from notes I made from DJ Short… :vulcan_salute:
Pollinate 3 weeks into flower and let them develop for 6 more weeks. I’ll let them go another week or two if I’m not pressed for time.

I think those slow flowering sativas might take longer (I’ll know better after I run some long flowering types).

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Thank you.
I’ve ran both sativa and indica but I let them go forever since I wasnt worried about smoking it.
Seemed to take a long time to me

2 Likes

I am doing this now and can comment in a month.

3 Likes

Quick question, do pistils fall off on a pollinated plant near the end?
Appreciate your answers.