Possible lead on possible tripweed

I have been working with some romulan grapefruit for a while
I crossed with pineapple thai and got a pheno that gave some visual distortion…
Didn’t pursue it any further but kept romulan grapefruit going until a couple months ago I lost my rgft mom. She was in the middle of a reverse under cfls and I missed a watering and she wilted and didn’t re cover
Luckily I had crossed her with some dancehall pollen
Dancehall is an older reggae seed cbd strain. It’s very vigorous and takes overfeeding well and has several phenos.
The first pheno from this cross was grown outdoors with my oaxacan plants. She finished much earlier than they did but seems to have been pollinated and produced a few seeds.
This pheno has an outstanding flavor and smell. It’s like a lemony fake citrus industrial cleaner and a sour flavor when vaped.
The high is pretty useful letting you sleep Good
Produced amazing dreams of Freddy mercury and Tom petty debuting new songs in my head as well as some … interesting dreams about the ladies at my workplace.
The next seed I grew out had a different smell when growing that was much more like the dancehall pipe tobacco ‘grandpa’s breath’ stench…but when finished wasa basic ‘sweet skunk’ smell
Now the interesting thing is that I harvested as soon as I saw 5% amber trichomes
I dried and vape a half dise and was upliftedbut still able to go to sleep that night but not quickly
The following Saturday I vaped a full dose that would fit in my dry herb vape
At low Temps I got some good sweet flavors starting fruit juice like and proceeding to caramel as it increased in temperature onthe vape.
Before I reached 350 I saw a strange piece of black tape on a painting I had done. The painting hangs in my bedroom and I look at it everyday
I took my glasses off It’s gone…put glasses back on…its gone…now I walk the dogs outside.
The grass has a weird 3 dimension and I have a strange butterfly effect in my stomach. I examine the high and its no really giving a body buzz or any…deep thoughts like most skunk does
But…pure euphoric bliss and visual distortion
I need to smoke this in the daytime as it took a couple shots of bourbon to bring me down enough to sleep.
I noticed the stump had some small leaves so I put her under a CFL and have been watering lightly ever other day. She now has some smoothed edge ‘spoon leaves’ so I’m gonna try to keep this one as a mom and try some more pollen in her
I did drop some oaxacan pollen on her oce but haven’t checked the buds for seeds as they are curing now.

24 Likes

Cool! I’m gonna follow this thread for more updates!

3 Likes

Sounds like you have a promising cross.

Dancehall is a really interesting strain to cross into something as racy and intense as Romulan is supposed to be! I’ve always been interested in both of those strains, here’s some background I found:

From Reggae Seeds website:

“Year: 2.006
Genetics: Juanita la Lagrimosa x Kalijah
Predominant: sativa
Indoor flowering: 60/70 days
Outdoor finish: 1-15 October
Yield: medium / high
Awards: Dancehall already has won 10 awards in 4 years.
Dancehall is a cross of our champion mother Juanita la Lagrimosa and our Kalijah male.
The plants are quite uniform, the yield is medium to high, while the flowering time is relatively short for such Sativa-dominant genetics.
It doesn’t branch too much, so it’s fine to grow in a S.O.G. as long as you put it into flower at just 3 weeks of age.
Perfectly adapted to the climate on the peninsula, outdoors it grows into a compact, robust plant. When the temperature goes below 20ºC towards the end of flowering, you may see it turn some gorgeous purple colors.
As far as aroma and flavor go, we could say that Dancehall has inherited all the best qualities of its ancestors. The aromas go from forest earth, to incense, to berry scents. The flavor fills your palate and stays with you for a good long while.
The effect is very cerebral: it’s a high that is fast-acting, long-lasting and creative, so it’s great for social relations, whether you’re hanging with your sweetheart or out partying. Dancehall goes really well with Reggae music, so turn up the volume and feel the Dancehall groove!”

Good article about JLL and Dancehall:

9 Likes

Thank you. I read this some time ago before I purchased the seeds. I made a seed run as did a friend and we plan to keep the dancehall strain going as well as doing crosses for flavorful cbd smokes

Following this. Also, very interested in flavorful CBD smoke!

1 Like

Looks like seeds are available from Reggae!

Not to be a buzzkill but it looks like an indica to me.

Gimme polygon cartoon weed bruh

I found a great pheno of a cambodian golden tiger cross that was a trance weed. Not really a visual effects weed but very trippy in other ways. I’m keeping seeds from it that were oaxacan male. The dancehall for sure is a cbd indica type plant. Rmulan grapefruit had a creative side and the visuals came from the pineapple thai. Pine thai crossed with rom grapefruit was excellent. I have seeds from pine thai cross with dancehall also but haven’t ran them.

I only had one dancehall pheno that branched like the photo in this advertisement