Possible Mag Deficiency

I was waiting for the masters to appear :grin: but thinking about what @Foreigner said, they just can be hungry and taking feed from lower leaves … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

That is another possibility.

Light is tricky, in the first pics you see solid dark green, but in the latest they appear lime green icon_e_confused|nullxnull, maybe you should just flush with pHed water and check the runoff ppm,that would give us some clues … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I just watered them with Epsom salts pH to 6.5 for soil. And watch them or a day or two. I fed them a week ago and not knowing how closely my “tender” paid to my instructions, will feed later this week. George not sure why there is a variation in color.

2 Likes

They are deep into flower , you giving them good levels of pk ?
Pics with lights on gives the impression of lighter green
Earlier leafs look dark green as pic under canopy so not affected by the light
The problem is not serious but extra pk would help in long term
Lower the ppm of feed your giving now by say 100-150 ppm and top it back up with pk
: )

3 Likes

Your caretaker did a good job : ) pat them on back

1 Like

I would go second with this it looks like they are consuming the lowers to provide nutrients for uptake somewhere else in the plant Someone is looking hungry if it was a nutrient lock out wouldn’t it be all over the plant?

1 Like

Looks like pot isn’t drying enough between watering. Soggy roots, no nutrition, multiple deficiencies.

2 Likes

I generally let the containers dry out between watering/feeding to prevent root rot, fungus gnats etc.

3 Likes

Honestly just looks like the plant is cannibalizing the lowers. How far along in flower again?

1 Like

What I see is the plant pushing nutrients out of the leaves and replacing it with water. The fading between the leaf veins is the first sign.
And then it goes from there depending on the plant. The leaves are heavy with water so they hang low.
The question then becomes why is the plant holding water. ? Cold?

It can be any number of things, but I’m banking on wet or cold roots. See if she is drinking as much as usual. Are you getting the same amount of runoff?

2 Likes

Looks like wet feet to me

3 Likes

Room temp stays at 84 with RH approximately 50%. I think I will let the plants dry out and then feed and just monitor them until then.
I appreciate all the suggestions and feedback.

1 Like

Also looks like possible nutes splashed on a couple spots.

If you look at the pic 18 posts up you can see it’s not overwatering : )
Overwatering starts at the top and progresses down the plant

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it makes better sense that root problem show first at the bottom of the plant and the work it’s way up.
Light problems tend to start at the top and work their way down. Perspective.