Plant troubles

Got some yellowing, I have had someone watching her while im away. Only thing I know is that she had a couple of days where it was watered late and had already been drooping. Other than that not sure what’s going on. I have little time to tend to it but if this is a problem I need to solve it

2 Likes

Test your runoff pH first and foremost. I see you’re in large pots of coco, a big flush with new nutrient water will help immensely. Coco does weird stuff with nutrients initially, especially in pure coco/large pots/hand water. It definitely isn’t as inert as people think.

4 Likes

It’s actually organic soil but I will still check the PH as soon as I can to eliminate that

1 Like

Huh. Really thought that was chunky coco.

pH is less important in soil but still important. Lemme know the results are.

Hows uptake? Is that pot drying. I still think a good wartering with nutes and calmag wont hurt. Id go slightly low on nute dose but full dose calmag. In the pic is that pot dry and light or wet. Hard to tell.

I dont add nutes, last feeding technically speaking I guess, I added 2 toppings of worm castings at the lighting switch to flower the pot Is wet but there were a couple days where it was really thirsty and was watered late, she was wilting pretty bad before she got a good watering

1 Like

Ok so your full organic. What about like recharge( microbes) or mollasses, Epsom? I use bottle nutes and organic stuff. Kinda wing it. But epsom n mollases is considered an organic feed i think. Would bump your mag up(green ) feed your microbes n microbes happy plant happy usually. Usual is 1tbsp each in a gallon. But im not sure its a cure honestly. They probably like it though. You ph your water inputs?

1 Like

Make a good compost tea using worm casing molasses ( black strap ) and some Epson salts
The plant will love it
Please take a pic in natural light it would help to identify the issues
Paps

1 Like

What is your soil mix also how’s your drainage

Soil is a family members organics, has worked very well in the past, the plant has been very very healthy up until the point I cant be there to tend to it, i have someone watching it for me, but the drainage is fine, always get some out of the bottom after a good watering. It dries kind of quickly though probably due to the fabric pot. I will try to get a better picture in natural light this evening although whenever I get home it is in it’s dark cycle so maybe pulling it into the light for a few min wont hurt

2 Likes

No dont pull into light its not worth interupting the dark cycle. But from sounds if shes drying quick and discoloring its not lockout. That would leave a wet pot. Shes drying. Uptaking. Try the epsom n mollasses. I always throw recharge at mine every week or so. Just a gallon mixed with 1/4tsp

1 Like

My guess is that the mix was a little hot and it was over watered causing lock out of certain nutes and such. It def looks overfed and overwatered. The purple light makes it really hard to help you though as I cannot clearly see the plant.

1 Like

I am fairly certain that it comes down to watering, I got home last night during the light cycle and it was wilting really bad, gave it a good watering and it sprung back to life after an hour or so but there is no way to fix the yellowing anymore, I will just try to finish the grow and hope that the next one I will be able to tend throughout its life cycle