Postcards for Pops bday

Hello there everyone! My name is Sam! I’m looking to collect some postcards for my dad’s birthday in August towards the end of the month (21st I believe). Anyways he has cancer and is homebound now for the most part. He once had a passion for traveling and collecting postcards at every state he’s worked at as he was a traveling contractor doing many jobs a year as the head foreman. I might try to find pictures of his multiple achievements to post up here but really I’m asking if I could get like 1 person per state (Illinois and Missouri excluded as I live in MO and he lives in IL) and foreign countries would be amazing as well. So far I’ve had help from @leetdood @Ronsonmatsuo4 @Kidete @Shevchenko. I’ve also asked @CaptainNemo and @TopShelfTrees1 who are willing. I can send money for the cost of shipping if need be but I just want to be able to really amaze him this birthday with a collection of postcards from a great community! I don’t have a lot to offer but just know if you help me I’ll never forget it and find a way to pay it forward or help you one day! Thanks for your time reading this and thanks to those who have already helped me! I hope everyone is having a great day so far! Please message me for more details. Ill be grateful for whatever i get. Things he likes are baseball, soccer, cars, scenery/landscape pics, and lets not forget pretty ladies! Lol

43 Likes

He’s gonna love it when I send the others

6 Likes

I know I can’t wait! He really liked the first one! Thanks @leetdood

7 Likes

Oh hell yes, dad has a full beard!

I have a question. All of the postcards you’ve shown are very contemporary. I, on the other hand, have lots of old postcards from other countries, primarily European countries. Many of them are late 19th and early 20 century cards. Some are in little booklets.

Do you think he’d be interested in some of them? I believe I know where at least some of them are and I would be happy to share them if you think they might bring a little joy to his heart and a smile to his bearded face (and he doesn’t have to still have a beard!).

15 Likes

@mota Oh absolutely that would be awesome man!

7 Likes

I’ll look for them today. PM me your particulars. I’m going to warn you right now, I may just include some other stuff too. Do you like baklava? How’s about Turkish delight? (I ask about you because my guess is those things are not on his diet, but you will actually know.)

6 Likes

With all love

Who the fuck doesn’t like baklava?

If it’s well made anyway :rofl:

12 Likes

Just don’t wear it as a mask

4 Likes

Awesome! Oh man I hope you get an absolute boatload! Great idea, you know we’ve got you brother.

5 Likes

@Shevchenko sends the absolute best postcards!

3 Likes

thank you friend!
glad to be of help…
:yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t know what those even are tbh. He might but ive never tried either or heard of either

3 Likes

It’s honey, sugar, butter, and Phyllo pastry

With chopped pistacho in between the layers

7 Likes

My mom’s a big fan

2 Likes

And that he did! They were very cool! I’m also eager to get the ones from east africa in from @Kidete. Great guy who runs east africa genes that sells landrace seeds and is attempting to preserve African genetics

3 Likes

I’ll grab one this weekend from Virginia. Just dm me an address and I’ll get it in the mail to you next week. Glad to help another Veteran and a fellow car nut.

4 Likes

Likewise, PM “Personals”, “Queen :honeybee: travels a lot in Maine during the Summer (Lighthouses, Waterfalls, Parks, etc.). I’ll have her pick up several everytime she ventures from the Hive. She’s a 22-Year Vet, so she’ll be happy to oblige. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

hey neighbor, @misterbee you beat me on the draw for maine postcards by 7 minutes! i know you and the queen bee will do maine proud! and for such a great cause! :wink:

4 Likes

I have more coming your way bro

3 Likes

Thank you @misterbee @mainerJ and @Ronsonmatsuo4 I appreciate it! This community is full of wonderful people it never ceases to amaze me!

4 Likes