Postcards for Pops bday

i can drop him one from wv if you pm the address.

5 Likes

Me too!
I live near the NASCAR track in Martinsville, Virginia. I’d love to send the old man a post card from the paperclip

5 Likes

Top left is chocolate dipped. Also, the two pads at the bottom and the two triangles are identical.

While pistachios are more common, I believe some have chopped walnuts.

8 Likes

Walnuts? Heresy

Really any mix of good savory nut works. But I definitely recommend pistachio as the official

3 Likes

I believe some use walnuts because they’re cheaper than pistachios. Or maybe it’s regional who knows who cares They’re all delicious. :drooling_face:

4 Likes

i’m in illinois so i guess i can’t help you, but contact @George . i believe he’s in Spain and he sent me a couple postcards with seeds years ago. maybe he has some sitting around?

3 Likes

Of course, but they are landscapes and monuments, typical for tourists, if that suits you just PM me your addy, bless him … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes

Ahh pistachio bread! I can’t say I’m the biggest fan of it but I can ask my dad what he thinks of it before you send it out

1 Like

Nice! I’m in union, MO here about 30 minutes from STL and my dad is in granite city, IL. I usually come down 1x a week to help him with anything he needs or my sister on hvac jobs

2 Likes

PM me if you want one from New Mexico.

2 Likes

More like pistachio pastry

2 Likes

Ive got some from my travels internationally I could send plus one from where I live(its a secret) if you want

4 Likes

How do you find your way home??? lol (1)

Very generous of you! d8JBdDJ

5 Likes

haha I just never leave :laughing: I usually buy a few extra in case I forgot to send one to somebody that I meant to so i have a fair number sitting around

4 Likes

Hey folks.

Do y’all have any good general location to find decent postcards? I found some good ones but only in tourist type of locations.

Where’s your secret spot on finding good postcards?

1 Like

I have found in Amazon a set of old European postcards, maybe you can find something similar … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Thank you. I was hoping more around town kinda things. I’ve actually been having fun looking with different family members. If that was intended or not, it has been a pretty fun way to spend time with loved ones.

The places we’ve checked and expected to find them, but have not are; Hallmark, Target, Wallmart, Pharmacies and a few gas stations/convenient stores.

I have a good feeling I’ll find more at my local Library & Museum. I haven’t checked the post office but last time I was there they had a small selection.

It has been oddly fun to go hunting for them though. A few times I went actively but, even while out running errand I remember and I’ve been checkin’.

1 Like

I’m hoping to find one at the Post Office. But Hallmark’s (maybe), or a local visitor’s center. If I can’t find one at the post office, I’m going to go to a chile store that sells more touristy stuff than chile.

2 Likes

I maintained about 50 apartments for the better part of a decade. The post cards I sent (and some I’ve hidden from myself) were, for the most part, left in apartments when folks moved out. I’ve also stumbled on some at places like Goodwill. You might also check Craig’s list, though they might be more expensive than a thrift store.

3 Likes

Good call!

There’s a Goodwill right next to the hardware store down the street and I think maybe even an antique shop nearby as well.

3 Likes