Powdery mildew - An easily exterminated parasite

Well the problem is, you can’t purchase it in Canada as far as I can tell. I wanted to do some experiments!

2 Likes

I’ve had some show up, early stages…just noticed it this morning…now fighting it with hypochlorous acid on advice from @BudBusterPro. I bought a generator to produce my own, so other than the hundred and a bit on the initial investment, I can make it for peanuts.

In the spring I will be drenching the soil in sulphur. I’d hoped I wouldn’t see the bastard again.

2 Likes

Are you talking hydrochloric acid?

1 Like

I heard that 99% of all liquid fertilizer use Dihydrogen monoxide as an inert ingredient.

2 Likes

Quickest thing over there I can think of is Serenade it has the same strain of Subtillus in it someone told me you need a license to get it is that true?

2 Likes

Sorry…Hypochlorous…it’s used as a disinfectant.

2 Likes

Wonder if pollinators get spores stick in thier hairs?Some mold creates different terps that attract different pollinators.One of the main reasons they let grapes get PM

2 Likes

Plantain failed to infest the cannabis. Testing negative for mycelium.

1 Like

Here’s my governments article on it.

1 Like

What I find really interesting about the govnt article is they don’t really provide an “extermination” protocol.
They should definitely hire me, I can tell 'em exactly how it works lol!

1 Like

ahh easy to get your hands on that shit and it’s not even lethal. Next time I’m at the drug store I’ll pick some up and try it out! Thanks!

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find anything like that you can purchase without being registered with the govn’t, that’s for sure. Really difficult to find!

1 Like

Hilariously, instead of cease on the web site, for Canadians they offer potassium bicarbonate, which is a fucking sham.

1 Like

I tried to buy Danolyte, which is the hypochlorous acid, but they wouldn’t sell it to Canada. That’s why I got the generator. Glad I did now.

3 Likes

H2O :slight_smile: In bottled fertilizer, that, I believe. Cease isn’t fertilizer, though. I use a spreader/sticker with foliars for our ornamental pests, I’d bet Bayer does too, and if I used it on veggies, I’d be washing them thoroughly… I’d be very leery of smoking it. Just my 2¢.

2 Likes

But, but, but…it sounds so promising, lol! I’ve got a tub if you want it!

2 Likes

I should compile a new list of shit that’s definitely not going to cut the mustard.

1. baking soda
  2. vinegar
  3. potassium bicarbonate
  4. ultra violet radiation
  5. systemic fungicides
  6. LABS
  7. hydrogen peroxide
  8. Fulvic acid
  9. dr zymes
  10. lost coast therapy
  11. magic dance
  12. water
  13. urine
    I’m sure I missed some, the list is fucking long.
3 Likes
  1. Ca and Aminos :slight_smile:
2 Likes

My brain had this bizarre flash of insight. I wonder if cleistothecia only form on perennials?

1 Like

Pete, I wanted to post the consensus view on generating Hypochlorous acid with the Eco One…
This proceedure has been used by a number of growers with good success.
Note: some growers will run up to 5 cycles on the #3 setting, most will run it 3 cycles on the #3 setting.
The important thing to remember, regardless of cycles run, is to check your pH after each cycle…you want to keep the pH between 3.5-5.5 at all times…IF you want to store your generated acid for later use, here’s what you need to know…

Bring your pH down to about 3.7.
Use any colored HDPE jug (just not clear)
Store in an inside dark closet or cabinet…

Now for the standard proceedure :

1 liter distilled or R/O water
2 grams unionized kosher salt (Potassium Chloride, KCl is a very good substitute if you choose to use it…use the same weight as the kosher salt)
2 tbs distilled white vinegar
Run 8 min cycle
Check pH (add vinegar if necessary)
Run another 8 min cycle
Check pH (add vinegar if necessary)
Run another 8 min cycle…when completed, try to bring your pH down to 4ish…
Use full strength to control WPM, Alternatia, Bud Rot (Botrytis)

Note when spraying WPM the fungus is dead, but because there is NO OIL in this, the white (dead) mycelium will still be visible…it will eventually breakdown on it’s own but if you can’t stand looking at it just dip a soft towel in you acid and wipe it off…

5 Likes