Powdery mildew - An easily exterminated parasite

The first number is the objective. So 4, 10,40 and 100 times objective. The lens you are using for the eyes has a number as well. You take the two and multiply them, and it gives you the magnification. 4x10=40x etc. It gets more complex when you are using a digital display as well. You have to use the DPI to determine the actual magnification.
The images I post here are 20 something megapixel EDF. In your actual microscope you will be seeing just a small “slice” of the image because the focal distance is smaller the more magnification you use. Using the software I build up a composite image of focal planes by turning the fine focus knob. Never use 40 or 100 without lots of light, and a very tiny object. The 100 could even be oil immersion… does it say oil on the side?

1 Like

Yes oil! 100/1.25 160/0.17 oil, what’s that mean? lol!

Yeah, since most of what I look at is opaque (leaves and such), I only use the bottom light for lining stuff up. I had to mount 2x clip-on led reading lights up top to see anything.

But still, what am I supposed to be seeing in your scope shots?

1 Like

Yours is a light field microscope? It has no optics for the stage? I’ll do one like that.

Your image more like that? 4x objective.

1 Like

between the light source and the stage, I have a slot for some kind of light bending optics. I can insert phase contrast, dark field, or some kind of condenser also any color filter I want. Ironic, but the digital camera obsoleted some of that shit.

2 Likes

oil literally means you take a drop of oil and put it on the cover. Then you slowly lower the objective lens into the oil! Sounds radical, but oil transmits light into the lens better than the air. It’s for those 1600X shots.
It’s way easier to achieve that kind of magnification nowadays without oil. I can do it with my old kit and 10x objective.

1 Like

No optics for the stage… I think it’s this one.

What I’m seeing is similar what you’re showing if I double zoom in. But the pm is much more obvious that it’s a fungus. I also didn’t realize I could zoom in on your pics, until now, lol! Makes a big difference, I knew I was doing something wrong :slight_smile:

I have something that looks similar. Has a slider that adjusts the intensity of the light source… but wouldn’t help seeing anything on top of a pot leaf, would it?

That’s neat, if I ever use covers, I’ll try it.

Thanks for all that, and helping me see the light!

1 Like

lol! Pun intended. The light helps by passing through the object and illuminating it. If you have too much light it’s impossible to see.

1 Like

Fair enough…I just have no idea where it came from if its host specific. None of my neighbors grow it, other than the lady behind me the first year it was legal. But that was 2 years prior to me getting it.

2 Likes

The infestation started approximately 40 days before you saw it on the leaves.

1 Like

Holy shit everyone. I was just taking stock of the influence I’ve had on people just in the forums here. The people who are here to learn? They are hitting the next level, man. I really AM some crazy nut!

3 Likes

Folks going on over a week and a half PM is almost nonexistent.Pistils on buds are lush no burn what so ever the Cease is the shit I repeat the Cease is definitely the shit eats up PM and shits out a clean plant.

4 Likes

Looking forward to your continuing reports.

2 Likes

I’m super curious if you stopped would it come back? I wonder if it can sterilize the ground?

1 Like

Keeping my fingers crossed been raining a lot and temps are dropping at night a bit nothing beserk but you can tell it’s fall we will see with this wet rainy shit a complete opposite of a trial by fire but goddamn what ever is in that Subtillis strain helped straighten out my feed with her too.Main kolas have doubled in size eating good off those EWC and malted barley

3 Likes

My indoor stuff has been free of it for awhile now I sprayed 4 days in a row 30 ml a gallon in RO and don’t see anything yet.15 more days and we shall see.As long as it keeps it back to something similar to this all I can ask for at this point shit is definitely working

3 Likes

Ever since I started using the Cease my Terp profile has been cranked to 11 everyone can smell it 30 ft without even opening my gate lock what ever is in the shit the plants love it they went Incredible Hulk and are at perfect 45s at all times

1 Like

Yah the killing of it indoors is fairly simple. Killing it outdoors can take a couple extra steps depending on how widespread the problem really is. Spray your plants twice two weeks apart indoors and the mildew is fuuuucked. Outdoors you have to sterilize the colony on the ground as well to prevent it from growing back.

2 Likes

I think that this is one of the best solution as to in Flower just not as cheap as sulpher which sucks but much more forgiving on flower while in flower no disrespect to sulpher.Look at these Plants they are loving life right now.Cut back to half a dose at regular intervals it’s holding the line ladies and gentlemen and all in between.80$ was worth every penny and I have some for next season bring on the swell

4 Likes

I treat the whole area not a spot of pm and it killed that rust shit that was on the morning glories it makes not sense to treat a plant and not treat a considerable perimeter for PM.Your just begging to reintroduce it back into your garden.Trust me if I could have used sulpher I would have the other caveat to this is you have to spray and stay on top of it as opposed to twice two weeks apart.But it allowed me more times to observe my garden and be vigilant.I haven’t had to remove not one leaf shit stopped popping up like with a quickness .BuildaSoil is doing amazing things with micronized sulpher compounds.

2 Likes

I heard crazy shit, like insects carry the mildew to other plants right? So… There’s evidence? scans
I think that might be made up.
I picked several aphids off the pea vines and there is absolutely no evidence that any mildew is piggybacking on the bugs.

2 Likes