PP/400W/Vertical Scrog/ebb&flow

Hi there.

I´d like to introduce my setup with the Power Plant strain and 400W HPS in V-Scrog. My idea was to put few plants in small cabinet only 150 cm (H), 96 cm (W), 50 cm (D). Veg from clones under LED´s and then flip to 400W HPS in CT. It did quite well under LED´s but there was a mothers room under the flowering room in the cabinet and plants were damaged by it and didn´t flowered well (herm.). So I started again with same strain from the clones and tried vertical Scrog in same ebb&flow setup. From this point things went well. Plants grew fast under the LED´s and started bloom nicely with the 400W HPS (mums went outside). I used Plagron nutes (A&B) and then Canna Aqua (A&B, PK 13/14) for flowering. Plants were more than 30 days in veg and now are 46 D in bloom.

1 Like

Hi looc! Welcome to OG!

Yes, light leaks can cause problems…

btw. there is howto for uploading pictures to OG:

Vertical scrog with ebb&flow sounds cool, there are not many v-scrogs in the forums… I’m looking forward to your photos!

I used LED bulbs with smd 2835 chips. It´s not bad for vegetative state, I think. They came from Aukro (European auction site). My LED setup contains 8 5W bulbs with these chips (white light emitting).

There´s the schematic:

Peppers did well:

2 Likes

Even the MJ plants grew well under it.

70W HPS (L) and 40W LED panel ®

These hermed.

Well, I thought the 400W HPS in CT will do the job, but i calculated the space requirements and the V-Scrog just won (0,6 m2 vs 1,6 m2). The screen I used was very small (1x1 cm) so not very good for maintaining.

Screen:

Before the re-built:

And after:

There should be much more info about the setup itself. So the carbon filter is DIY, I use 220 m3/hour TT ventilator and 100 m3/hour conduit ventilator for CT. 3 12V 120 mm fans flows the air up through the cabinet. The pump flows the water 4 times a day for 1 minute in the tub with plagron pebbles :smiley: . pH holds between 5,6-6,0 and EC 1,6-2,3 maximum.

4 Likes

Nice DIY micro setup… ! I’m big fan of e&f for sea of green… Check my ebb&flow if you will…

Hello LmnJoe, I like your setup too. Nice and clean.

Thanks for your kind words. Regards

looc

1 Like

Plants bloomed so much quicker than in a soil I thought it´s a race!

day 12:

day 22:

day 35:

day 45:

4 Likes

My goal was high yield about 400 g, no just kidding :D. Everything is about quality and my goal is pure bud with almost no leaves. My seeds came from friend and it´s probably f2. I started them from a scratch, classic procedure 18 hours/day light, clones, id. females and so on. I had all females (what?). Now I can say that there are 2 phenotypes - indica, sativa. Sativa has nice roots and roots quickly. Indica has fat buds, even less scent witch is favorable. My personal favorite is sativa high.

sativa-11 dayz

sativa-22 dayz

sativa-31 dayz

more sativa-31 dayz

sativa middle parts-31 dayz

sativa- 45 dayz

7 Likes

The re-build. was quite heavy. Pics tell more…

3 Likes

Hi OG´s !

Indica buds in 29 day

Indica in 35 day

and in 45 day

and in 50 day

4 Likes

These indica buds are finishing but sativa not so much. You should notice the difference between 45 and 50 days, I made a mistake and 2 days with no water were really BAD.

thanks for sharing, i have power plant auto seed on the way and have never experienced this strain before

Me too @legalcanada, all I can say is that you will get a proper high, very strong but not extremely like Mal. Gold or Zamaldelica from Ace. I bought seeds of Pure Kush fron GHS coffeeshop in Amsterdam and it’s very far away from Kush cross I had before (this very sweet), weird. I want real genetics so I choosed Ace Bangi haze and my own X’s.

2 Likes

Ok. Final weight was 250 g (80 indica, 170 sativa). I continue with sativa and popped my seeds Blue Moonshine f2 x Kush (aka C99/SFV OG Kush x Chemdog by HEAD seeds)

1 more photo from this harvest.

Indica buds:

6 Likes

Nice job! Great way to utilize space, I love the vertical setup and ebb and flow cabinet

1 Like