My second flowering room

in my second room i’ve got new batch of seedlings. it is chocolope from natural seeds started about three weeks ago from seed packs. cross fingers they don’t get infested with aphids from neighbouring room. i’d like to let chocolope grow to big bushes and use just 4 of them under each lamp.

what do you think?

2 Likes

growing nicely… topped once…

1 Like

i use ultrasonic humidifire floating when light is on

2 Likes

Lookin good. Want a tip for keeping aphids away? Neem, silica, aloe foliar

3 Likes

I can only second @lotus710 opinion … I’d use yellow sticky cards for prevention as well. (I’m having them in my grow cabinet every time - they catch all kinds of stuff)…

So far looking good, they are healthy plants… I always like planting and experimenting with new seeds (there is strength kept in them). The only downside is that you don’t know what stretch to expect when switching to flower… This skill just comes with experience with the particular strain.

1 Like

chocolope, my favorite strain (i’ve got it once from friend as a clone years ago) now vegging out nicely from feminised seeds…

room with 3 lights total…

third lamp

nice 21 bushes

1 Like

do you think those pots are appropriate? or should i get bigger?

Hi! Did you train them low or is it their normal height? Beautifull grow I am verz interested on the buds :slight_smile: Chocolope is DNA strain, am I right?

1 Like

I think only thing that matters with size of pots is if they get rootbound or not once the get rootbound they stop growing an it’s time to switch heard square pots pretty good at preventing that

1 Like

you are right Growinnblowin, the size of the pot is the limit for the rootmass. So flyhihg, don´t wait a super big plants and crazy big buds. I think (if you don´t plan repoting) they are somewhere at 67-70% of their maximum. Looking healthy, strong and vigorous, keep on…I want to see buds!

maybee next time try to transplant or start (with autos) with double size pot. Less plants but much bigger buds in the bush :wink:

Thanks for opinions about pots, guys. I completely agree. For next time, I’ll try to get bigger…

Lots of changes seen on plants… See for yourself:

It is ~30 days switched to flowering

Yes it is pretty overgrown :frowning2:

The reason is that this Chocolope doesn’t behave close to Chocolope I’ve got in past… This is some strange mix of varieties… many of them tall.

This phenotype is completely different from the others… Nice compact and forms connected top bud.

It is the only one that resembles old Chocolope I had in past.

1 Like

Other plants have stretched a lot and don’t produce connected cola.

Every plant is different (the only thing they have in common is that they stretched alot) It really seems like I’ve bought some “adventurous” seed mix, like those produced by seedbanks in past… This is really not single strain by any measure!

1 Like

Measured by size of stem, I’m pretty sure they are root bound as you suggested…

1 Like