Pre-Flower Pollination by 180

Well people apparently put plants back into veg after pollenating, which made me think of the preflowers with white hairs. I just read a post from @Hugh_Glass where he said a male he was collecting pollen from seeded his clones in veg.

We need him to tell us how that worked out. How revolutionary could that be.
Harvest your seeds before flowering?

1 Like

I cant tell you why or how. It only did it with one strain too but multiple plants of that strain. I had multiple strains . I cant tell you how it happen.
@rootfarmer did any of the clones I gave you have seeds in the calyx.?

2 Likes

Maybe that one pheno/plant just had more developed preflowers or just more mature in general (mom was an older plant). Weā€™re white hairs present on the other clones?

All plants were from seed and were the same age

1 Like

I remember scoring an oz a loooong time ago. I saw that every pre flower was pollinated and had a super fat, well matured seed. No other calyxes were seeded and it was great weed. I figured out what had been done at the time and thought what a clever idea it was. Great to see it documented here. I wanted to do something similar but was only going on theory from what i saw in the end product so couldnā€™t be sure. Although I was pretty damn sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think from what I remember I the plants were barely fed for months no nitrogen that was causing flower activity. I wouldnt call it flowering but it was more than preflower

1 Like

Works the same in veg. If your pistils and pollen are viable, you will get seed. No special treatment required aside from keeping them happy. Have many times had unrooted cuttings become pollinated during the cloning process that produced viable seed. This girl is a survivor!

3 Likes

Hmm, prob is a pheno thing then, how well developed the preflower calyx are.

Thatā€™s another reason I like this idea, gives the seed plenty of time to mature while the buds are harvest at the time that youā€™d prefer. Since seeds usually take longer to mature than the plants usual harvest timeframe.

Yeah exactly. They pollinate early and get the whole flowering cycle to mature.

never saw any seeds on those girls -

• is this line of questions thinking the plant has genetic intersex traits or
    did someone think the plants had Hermiā€™d ?

No not at all. As the title of the thread says I pollentated a plant in veg. It was a cut of that plant I sent you. I was collecting pollen in my veg room and most of those made seeds from thier preflowers .
Thatā€™s the first time and the only time itā€™s ever happen.

1 Like

Gotcha - that sounds exactly like the Vietnam Landrace clones that @YoBigdaddy got from someone in Cali last week

• the clones had seeds and the grower said that he had them in Veg the whole time.

Apperaently a plant can become seeded while being in veg.
All the clones from that strain never seen 12/12 and most of them had seeds in them. Once I introduced a flowering male in my veg area that plant freaked out. At least 40 from 5 or so clones thatā€™s were pretty big.
I would check your older calyx . If they look really fat you may be a daddy.
Purple lazer lites has a hell of a family tree g13 apollo 13 jack the ripper chocolate rolmulan dj shorts f13 and tga third dimension .

3 Likes