Problems for a year

Hi everyone! I apologize in advance for my English, try to understand.
Let me start by saying that I have been growing for 10 years now, almost exclusively in coconut.
For a year now, I don’t know why, I haven’t been able to grow beyond a month, always due to the same problem: the plants are starting to show cal/mag deficiencies or problems with the pH. I have now tried all the setups, coconut, rdwc, dwc and with all of them I have always had the exact same problem. I used foliar sprays, fertilizers of every type and brand, asked experts who promptly after trying the usual advice told me “Inexplicable”!
The current setup is as follows:
LIGHT: Mars Hydro FC-E 4800 (25%/50%) 50cm from top canopy
BOX: 120120200cm
RDWC
FERTILIZERS: Flora trio (last attempt with Lucas Formula)+Silicon
WATER: Ro

As I said before, I have been growing for a long time, I know the classic mistakes made by beginners and I have now excluded them. The pH is measured continuously and with 2 ph meters, the fertilizers are new and I always use cal/mag, I even tried with 1ml/litre, the VPD is under control but the situation does not change.

The only variation compared to the past, where the plants grew great was the light, before I grew with HPS and now I switched to Mars hydro. I did some research and didn’t find anyone with the same problem.
I hope you can help me

8 Likes

Have you tried any other medium? And temps inside? And genetics? To me, looks like pH is not on or the light is too intense but it can be a number of things

And a big fat welcome :purple_heart::love_you_gesture:t2: I’m glad you’re here. We will maybe throw a lot at you but will get it figured out! Keep rocking

6 Likes

Maybe a zinc deficiency

What is your PH? Maybe it’s a bit too high?

3 Likes

I think the problem might come from the RO water: no trace minerals, those immobile nutrients cannot be taken from the lower leaves and that’s why the top is yellowing, in hydro I would recommend you Advanced Nutrients pH perfect … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Thank you, you’re so kind!
Yes, I’ve tried a bit of everything as a substrate, mainly coconut. But I had the exact same problems. Same thing for genetics.
I also thought about the light and tried with a cmh, same story…

2 Likes

Currently 5.8. But I tried to change, no response

3 Likes

Do you have a pic of the roots?
It could be a root issue…

4 Likes

What’s the final ec of the solution after everything is added?

Water temps?

Also, welcome to OG :wave:

2 Likes

yeah i was wondering what the roots looked like :thinking:

If they’re fine, i’d think they just need more food. Increase the EC a little bit and see if they don’t look better.

3 Likes

Ro water is a damn nightmare … it’s imbalanced without a water stabilizer and ph goes all over the place all the time

3 Likes

What are your temps… I see you’re using led… with my led i had to purposely up the temps for proper uptake because of lack of ir heat from an led compared to hps … Led needs help with heat typically @Mabber82

I went through that for a whole year… watching plants slowly yellow stop growing… and slowly die.

Ro water stay away from its a whole other load of bs you don’t want trust me.

2 Likes

No root problems, i keep water temperature 19C° min 21C°max
I keep temperature in VPD range with Inkbird, actually is 22/23C°
I also tried to use only tap water, no change…
Keep in mind that with the exact same water in a dwc the plant grows very well, I’m also making an attempt with an Atami wilma, always the same water and fert, the plants grow well…
The problem is limited exclusively to this grow room.

Thanks for all the help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

What are your room temps bro?

Those temps are extremely low… you need to ignore those vpd charts.
. THEY ARE NOT… I REPEAT… NOT MADE FOR LED USERS BRO!!

22 23 c that’s only like 73 degrees f … definitely too cool for proper uptake under an led

1 Like

i definitely don’t know what i’m talking about but have you tried using less cal/mag?

Trust me… up your temps into like 28 to 29 C and see if it doesn’t completely fix your issue

@ifish doesn’t this look like what I went through?

@Papalag ?

This is probably still the only thing I haven’t tried to do.
However, in the test cultivation in DWC the plant grows well with the same temperatures and water…

Winter has just ended here, to keep those temperatures I used a heater, getting it to 28/29 is very difficult. At this point I have to wait for summer.
If this were the problem, it is practically impossible to grow in winter, not to mention that I would start to have root problems with such high temperatures

1 Like

Well just shoot for higher… maybe you don’t need to go that high … but definitely go higher than you are… try going to 26 c or something in between

1 Like

Water temperature? Still max 20/21C°?
Thanks

2 Likes