yellowing stripes on leaf, calcium?

trying to figure out what is wrong with this. some of my plants do this. new growth doesn’t seem to be affected.

5.8 ph calibrated, gh nutes 200 to 300pm with calmag and Si. 75f day, 65f night. 20hr lights on. 6th week of veg. perlite hempy 2 gallon. melonsicle from thseeds

4 Likes

First of all welcome to the club, any chance you could post a photo or two of what you have going on so we can see. Take these for future needs…

6 Likes

Welcome to OG. Do what exactly? You got pics? Impossible to diagnose something when we don’t know what we are diagnosing bud.

1 Like

Pictures would be helpful.

3 Likes

Welcome splinter7 you’re in good hand here mate, as the learned gentlemen have stated, pics please

1 Like

sorry, it took a sec to get a decent pic. thanks again. looking at running a higher ph for a couple days, say 6.2?!

7 Likes

Thanks for posting a pic helps to see what is going on.
Edit: After looking at it for a few mins. I can say you have a very nice plant going there. Looks like it could use a little pruning to let new growth come through. I see the yellowing on the leaf and a little on a few others. Looks like something some cal-mag can fix. The pH at 6.2 is a little low, but its is a easy fix and will also help the plant absorb the cal-mag better.

3 Likes

Welcome! This community is fantastic. You’ll find a wealth of info here, along with some great people.

3 Likes

Looks like Magnesium deficiency to me, pH a bit higher as suggested would help, also pruning and pushing a tad up the nutes, doesn’t look bad at all … beer3|nullxnull

Hydroponic pH chart

2 Likes

If it’s just that one leaf I’d rip it off and go business as usual. If it starts to spread I would take some kind of action.

For now I wouldn’t worry.

1 Like

i have a couple others with same issue. the tikal is the worst. it’s all over the plant. ripping it off will trigger other leaves to be used as food. i don’t really clean up the plants until about 2nd week of flower. then i take leaves each week or so. i thought it was just weak landrace genetics, or that it was picky. when i get a picky one it doesn’t get special treatment usually. this run has a lot of old school genetics, the bubblegum, blueverry, tikal and melonsicle have this. the 2 lemon alien, durban and red hot cookies are rolling strong.

1 Like

when i feed over 450 (280ppm water + 170ppm nutes) i get claws on some of them. i just flipped to 12/12. i feed 2 or 4 out of 4, when i don’t feed i give a little cal/mag and Si. would have waited to flip, but i have a schedule to keep and a 5ft ceiling to worry about. 45 days veg on the youngest one.

1 Like

icon_e_surprised|nullxnull
That water should have enough Calcium, have you got an analysis of its components? If you add CaMag, too much Ca may block Magnesium and an excess Nitrogen (clawing) may stimulate Magnesium demand and increase the deficit. Take a look at this chart, it will help you to understand the interaction between them. What nutes are you giving them? beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

not sure about water content. always used the same city water. it changes sources once a year. i will not add more cal mag., i upped the ph of the input water to 6.2. so res should be going up. hopefully it fixes up things. i think i can still make the grow, but it would be nice to look good doing it. thanks. gh nutes. just grow and Si…i am finishing a bottle of sensi calmag before switching to the gh one. i also drop superthrive a littlle and run sterile 100% perlite with peroxide. they get some nutes each watering ~ every 2 to 3 days a 1/3 of a gallon or so. there is a lot of run off usually. they got a flush at end of week 5, then i fed only with calmag and returned the normal mostly grow feeding. everything else has been normal with ppm ranging 350 to 470 including the water. leaves are super dark…so I think it is well fed. ph was 5.7 or 5.8 until this last water. ph out at flush was 5.9 to 6.1 depending on the pot. i didn’t take note which was which. i bet the higher ones were the ones with no issues.

1 Like

ph has been 5.7/5.8 in. that is normal for me. last grow, same equipment, was fantastic.
i just put in 6.2 based on some research suggesting a higher ph is needed to absorb calcium. i’ve bee running calmag the whole time a little bit each feeding once the first deficiency signs presented themselves.i have hard water, so maybe i don’t need to run it, just fix ph. we’ll find out.

1 Like

When was the last time you calibrated the ph meter?

That grow weed easy pH chart is a little sketchy for hydro. Especially for Ca.
ph Chart Hydro:Soil

Are you getting a proper runoff from your hempys? Have you tried flushing with a very weak nute solution?

run off was 5.9 go 6.1. yes, i flushed a week and a half ago. run off before flush wasn’t high at all, like 430ppm and tap water is already 270ish.

1 Like

i calibrated a week or 2 ago. i got a new one, calibrated that one too. they both read similarly the old one said 5.7 and the new one said 5.8 on my normal solution. both test well against the liquid calibration solution. apera brand.

1 Like