Properly flushed final product

Exactly!
Hydro/Organic/Outdoor…Excess Nitrogen is the main reason for charcoal-like burn, if you ask me.
I’m a chronic over fertilizer on my outdoor stuff. It’s organic but usually burns like shit from too much bloodmeal/manure
…I don’t feel so alone now LOL :smiley:

4 Likes

You are definitely not alone. Unfortunately, it’s a problem that goes beyond the things we mentioned. It takes a lot more than a 2 week water only “flush” to drop that ppm to under 100. ESPECIALLY if the plants have been over fed with “kong dong’s bud fattener” or what ever the hell…plus if you are actually sick and are buying unflushed, improperly finished flowers, then you could actually be causing more problems. Don’t even get me started on concentrates… Sorry for the rant. If you’ve ever hacked up a lung after inhaling some hot ass spiderweb feeling smoke, then you know where I’m coming from.

3 Likes

I’m wondering ur thoughts on flushing now that I’ve seen you mention it and I’m not trying to be rude but are you like the owner of og I see you everywhere

1 Like

I won’t repost here everything I have already said on this topic, just to repost links to images of my unflushed, but properly cured, weed and it smokes just the same as your flushed, cured weed.

I think it was even the same image you posted that I responded to.

Anyway, you are showing your weed is well cured, IMO the flushing is not so important.

EDIT :

This is my opinion on flushing

EDIT 2:

and here is the post where I posted the image of my unflushed ash

https://overgrow.com/t/pgr-lets-talk-about-it/7007/48?u=microdoser

EDIT 3 :

Same here. This cycle the maximum I went was a TDS of 580 (EC 1.16) and they seemed to want it lower next time. Next time, I think I will see if they prefer closer to 530. The more I learn, the lower my EC gets, and the higher my yield and quality go.

1 Like

Yours is smooth smoke / white ash 2, days after harvest?

cured=flushed.

Do one or the other and you get smooth clean smoking weed. Do both if you like but there is no reason to.

Your reply when seeing my ash was

1 Like

But if you don’t flush it, you have to wait till it’s cured to smoke it, no? Mine smokes like a ciggy right after harvest (unless its not flushed all the way), smooth hits/white ash.

1 Like

Oh yes!

You better believe he is! The one who brought all of us back together!

Cheers!

4 Likes

That’s great good site should be very proud of it and how much it’s helped everyone here

Exactly. It’s all about if it’s properly dried. Personally i don’t flush unless I’m using a bunch of chemical nutes. But that’s where the crackling harshness can come from. I think it really depends on how you’re growing though.

this is why you grow 100% organic soil w/ whole nutrients, never any worries about flushing, perfect white ash every time.

5 Likes

Got here before me, again!

99%

2 Likes

I try to limit harping go-organic posts to one per month. :smiley:

4 Likes

Question for the organic growers: @Muleskinner, @99PerCent
Wouldn’t you say that you still need the proper ratio of fertilizer? For example, if I plant one in my tomato garden (high N organic soil) it grows great. But when I roll joints with it, they burn like a chicken bone.
I though the philosophy was to add just enough fertilizer so that you achieve a fan leaf fade similar to a flushed, hydroponically grown plant?

example: @Ryasco’s Orange Creamsicle fading at day 49:

For the hydroponic growers:
I’ve never heard anyone even attempt to give a reason for WHY you would want to dump nutes on a plant in the last 2 weeks? What is the benefit? In the last 2 week, the plant is fully formed structurally. We’re just waiting for the glands to swell, no? Even if the smoke comes out fine, why waste the nutrients? One of you guys who is militantly against flushing, please explain.

3 Likes

A high N soil is too hot.

It seems that it does take 50 ingredients to get the right mix, but honestly, they seem to need as much porocity as food, so keep it to maybe just a little more than they need. Just the same, not sure what you are experiencing.

Maybe I am OK with awful weed ??? :confused:

1 Like

There’s different preferences.
The only time I’d flush is with Walmart quality nutrients.
The plant usually only uptakes what’s needed and it’s broken down prior to hitting the stem.
Overly dry buds aren’t very popular out here.

3 Likes

From my understanding of how organics work all the amendments we use have all the macro and micro nutrients available in the soil, they are only plant available when the plant( cannabis ) requires them meaning plants send the required exudates through its roots into the soil calling for example N it would then send a specific exudate that would attract and feed nitrifying bacteria the bacteria in turn gives back to the plant what it needs the N , when it’s breaks down the nitrogen component in the soil the bacterias :poop: is what feeds the plant 24/7 a beautiful symbiotic relationship that’s happens all right around the rizosphere! No excessive nutrients in the plants anytime! Just good clean smoke! No flushing required.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong in reducing nutrient strength towards the end. A finishing plant cant use much anyway and who wants to smoke loads of chlorophyll.

2 Likes

That theory would lead one to believe there is no way to over fertilize and organically fed plant?

5 Likes

I’m giving a 6-paper joint of tomato patch buds to each of you in Oct…but you only get 1 match! :laughing: jk.

2 Likes