PROTOCOL 0 "clean your plants"

Some people like those hemp plants!

OK, so great info there about the growth tips. I was getting ready to ask about that.

30 minutes underwater, and blasting the twig with the sink sprayer, is that it?

2 Likes

shit, yah! Thatā€™s it in a nutshell, pretty simple. Make sure itā€™s cool water, I seen people do crazy shit like boil their plants, that kills em.

3 Likes

I find this thread invaluable! I know somewhere I read what commercial nurseries do to wash their incoming plants. But I canā€™t find it, Iā€™m prob getting the wording or something wrong in the search :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

They are definitely doing it here :upside_down_face: I infested the industry.

2 Likes

Doing what there? The full protocol 0? I read something about a alcohol and soap dip and that was it. Or even spraying diluted alcohol on the plants.

1 Like

Yah the organic growers are full on protocol 0 now. There were depressed faces before, when bugs took everything over.

lol reminds me, now Iā€™ll have to look for a new source of super-bugs if I want to experiment on them. I canā€™t just go down the road and get a contaminated plant from the LP.

2 Likes

ok! Well if you rip off or destroy all growth tips, the thing wonā€™t root or grow. I tested it to make sure.
So when you are pulling off the leaves, donā€™t pull the tips off :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ok, what I am going to do in the grow, is a balls to the walls cloning spree. I donā€™t have any bugs, but I am going to protocol 0 some cuttings. Why? I am going to judge how long it takes to regenerate! If a regular clone can root from 8-16 days, I will see if the protocol 0 plants do as well. I will be taking regular clones and stick clones to drown. Iā€™ll be using cool water and 30min submersion. yay!
When I initially did the protocol, I never timed it or anything, I was just happy to have found a solution lol! I can see, though on the harlequin plant, itā€™s not growing as fast as it could have been if I left the leaves on thereā€¦ maybe. Itā€™s a different plant, was growing in soil etc, so thatā€™s not science. Just an anecdote. If I do it with clones side by sideā€¦ then weā€™re talkinā€™! Experiment time!
I threw out everything today, starting from scratch on the clones.

7 Likes

ok boys and girls and others! Lets see how these sticks pan out, shall we? You can see, they are just clones with no leaves, making them sticks. Itā€™s not much of a difference over the ones with leaves, as far as Iā€™m concerned. Iā€™m making the geranium clones later, I spent all day prepping the garden. And tossing out all those old clones including the zero one.

5 Likes

oh yah I also soaked them in the sink for 30min in cool water. Not ice water and not hot water. They were submerged, but no bugs to kill.

2 Likes

Both seem healthy. You could definitely save room running those ā€œsticksā€ !!

2 Likes

heh heh yah someoneā€™s prediction was theyā€™ll fail. Iā€™ve already done this a number of times and also with different plant species! I canā€™t wait for the data from this experiment.

3 Likes

This could be game changing on a commercial scale if they root just as fast and have the same vigor

3 Likes

Yah, hopefully the protocol spreads and people can kiss their bug problems goodbye. Anything else people can glean from this is just an added bonus :wink:

1 Like

You can see I bulked up on clones! I have to make sure to snip the flower buds off the geraniums. Additionally, my ā€œstickā€ clones are turning towards the light. I think they are already growing a bit.

2 Likes

The harlequin plant has sprouted several additional nodes, after I did the whole protocol on it. In person, the plant looks better than under the purple light, but I should probably test itā€™s EC.

2 Likes

oh yah, just some proof this isnā€™t some elaborate hoax or something bizarre. The clones donā€™t have roots yet, lol! OF course if this is a hoax you can try it yourself and see if it works :wink: ahh the beauty of sciencing.

6 Likes

Other than the bug thing, Iā€™ve learned that this thread sucks, joecrowe likes the sounds of his voice, and sticks save you tent roomā€¦

I better keep following this! :joy:

9 Likes

ahh fuck, that made me laugh until I cried :rofl:

6 Likes