PROTOCOL 0 "clean your plants"

I puffed up a big ash and then let it burn out and did the same with my fatty. Ashes were the same. I even asked someone else to see if they could tell the diff. nope.

Anyone care for… grey mold? Dried out for your enjoyment. oops! did I just show buddy’s weed is infested with bud mold and I can actually SEE it there? naw. :wink:

3 Likes

hey… what are the chances of seeing fungal spores on my weed? oh… about zero percent. hey… maybe even less than zero percent wink wink.

So the little pile of turds are the spores? What’s all the filament- like threads?

2 Likes

I think they call that mycelium.

3 Likes

Couple of images of my own weed. I scanned hard for any sign of pathogen, then just snapped a rando shot and also did a deep EDF image to show I’m not hiding some crazy fungus deep down there. complete lack of black turds they are called conidia.

2 Likes

Now everyone knows why I chuckle when I see someone say spores everywhere! Not only is it not true, it’s not based on any evidence and… well You seen the technical term for it. giggle

This part is actually the strangest of all. When you cut the piles of bud up, they don’t look the same. They almost looked the same in magnifying mode on the camera, but the thing is, they are a different color. What do you make of that?

If you think I am suggesting you can grow pathogen free, by cleaning your space of all pathogens, and keeping it clean? Yes. See the pathogens are an object. Sitting there. Being shitty. Until you come along and clean their ass up! Avoiding reinfection can be the problem, right. Except not really. Keep yourself clean, keep the grow clean. Don’t allow a chain of transmission for the pathogen to follow. Same with the bugs, you know. They are bigger but follow the same sort of infection pattern. Botrytis can feast on downed plant material. If you are wondering about it’s life cycle, the knowledge starts there. Read about the life cycle of the pathogen you are studying. Really try and understand it. How it replicates, what environment it needs, how fast it can spread and in what conditions. You can use regular household cleaning agents to get rid of it. It’s a real trickster and can hide in a few locations. Like the soil. Small details like that are important if you are forming an eradication plan.

4 Likes

Yuppers!
Keep your grow clean!
Also, H202 can help kill that shit.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

lol I use a swiffer wet with cleaning solution. I also cleaned the polymer sheets in the bath tub. I scrubbed up the plants as well, in the sink.
The most startling part was the king tut was the mold master. That thing was always molding up and I had the humidity under control, with my mega dehumidifier set at 45%. But then it had entered production before the meat breath had taken over. Except… it wasn’t molding anymore. That’s before I even hit overgrow and I’ve been here with no mold for over a year. Mildew free for… over 20 years, mold free for 4 years, same with the parasites. They have all gone extinct. wow!

1 Like

So to sample the buds, one was mine and the other from buddy, I used the x-acto blade. I took it and cut the bud apart so I had access to the bud at the node intersection. I took that bud from each sample so I could avoid contamination from the outside world. Also… if there is something nasty living, it’ll be down in the core where you can’t see it. Otherwise one of the multiple chemical sprays… meant to kill off fungus, would have killed it. Just think about that for a second. Multiple sprays of nova which is myclobutanil failed to eradicate the fungus pathogen deep in the buds.

1 Like

oh and if you are wondering why… a fungus can’t be killed by a fungicide, and a bug can’t be killed by the most potent nerve agent… Those are single mode poisons.

1 Like

Nice, I read the thank you notes from various humans who used the sulfur to wipe out powdery mildew and botrytis. That stuff kicks ass on all fungus except the oomycetes(oh oh my seats) for example pythium fungus. The postings I made were more than just a yell into a black hole. A reply came back out… Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

ok peoples… Is this history in the making or something? I dare botrytis to infest my plants. They are past the done marker with nugs all over, humidity 88%, no fans blowing. Branches are collapsing. Yet… will pathogens grow? This is the real question. Since it should take only three days for pathogens to set in… because they are hatching/not hatching as we speak. The eggs of satan!!!

5 Likes

there are some downed branches. Potentially festering? ooo I can’t wait to analyze these under the scope.

2 Likes

ok I got the humidity down to 45% that’s a normal range, and I’ll let it skyrocket over night. I think also the rain falls on them outside, but I’ll try that experiment later.

1 Like

ehhh fuck it. I’ll get my plant sprayer out and try to really set off some bud mold. Even though I’ve been exposing them to high humidity, I’ll go next level and simulate rain. That should raise the local humidity in the buds to 100% once they are dripping. I’m only going to spray a few buds, not the entire crop.

shit, I was only able to achieve 72% RH this time. Spraying water all over the bud will help!

I soaked it good like a nice downpour.

2 Likes

in case you were wondering, yes I sterilized the sprayer before I used it. Don’t want to run the risk of being the dummy that re-introduces the pathogen when I’m trying to see if it exists in the grow.

2 Likes