Punks Not Dead

Sublime absolutely qualifies as punk. I loved their falling idols covers:

One of the best bands ever and a personal favorite since at least 1996 for me.

7 Likes

Bad Brains, The Clash, Exploited, Circle Jerks all fuckin rock. Great choices. I hadn’t heard Raised Fist as far as I can remember but I’m digging em. I never understood the whole straight-edge thing :man_shrugging: Maybe it’s cause I’m big into personal freedoms or maybe cause I’ve always needed to dial my brain back a bit at times. At any rate, anytime I need to check my life and see how it’s going I still listen to this tune. The lyrics certainly make me re-assess things anyway :metal:

7 Likes

Where I live the straight edge kids hung outside bars and jumped drunk people in big groups. They were more of a menace than anything they claim the moral high ground on. Terrible people imo.

1 Like

@Dale It’s basically another religion mate and a way to feel righteous, I understand veganism and not wanting to get wasted but it got macho and definitely was contradictory to the true punk essence.

Fuck you think Minor Threat ever played to a sober crowd, haha no chance

5 Likes

These guys got a little too soft and pop punk for me, but the earlier stuff is :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

I grew up shaving my head every day with a bic
Even shaved the eye brows now there like little bushes lol

Most underrated band on Fat Wreck Chords imo

Kiwi-Core haha

1 Like

I always liked JSBX. Even though they’ve got blues in the name they were always punky to me.

4 Likes

Wow man I would have loved to see them live especially in their prime, very envious. I just edited the intro to include your legendary Reggae thread.

4 Likes

Long time ago but yes they were great live . I dj’ed reggae between sets.

3 Likes

Wendy-O and the Plasmatics

5 Likes

That’s epic, it sounds you’re an old vinyl head too. My record collection is the only asset I own that’s worth anything haha

3 Likes
7 Likes

Oh man, love this thread
some old

some new(er)

this always cracks me up

4 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

Just the kinda shit that happened in my area in the eighties…

Tried another…soon….

Drunken injuns
Real.old school shit
wasted youth
Pil
Mear puppets
Mdc
I’ll repute
Fuck I can go on for ever

3 Likes

Nuns
Sado _ nation