Pvogs 2023 Awesomesauce

I’m guessing those are fabric grow bags.
The solo cup maintains humidity, and then the whole bag can be planted to reduce transplant shock
Like this:

6 Likes

Guess the solo cups helps them to stand up alone, nice trick … Arriba|nullxnull

2 Likes

Ok, started initial soak for this year. LPC went in a few days ago, but here’s the list so far:
Shorelines Kushmint, Bubblegum, Banana Republic, Wedding Cake, ECSD. London Pound Cake #75 x? #1, Bruce Banner, Sunny Days, Super Skunk, Blueberry Diesel, Lemon Skywalker, COPA Reeses x Appy,
Magoo x Appy, Cap Junky S1

These gardens are gonna be Rocking!!
PS don’t worry LDA, I got yours going for a dunk tomorrow!!! I belive its Fast Buds Lemon Pie x Roc Buds Inc Purple Scoops.

Anything I missed, lemme know!

7 Likes

BB is Bruce Banner, glad I didn’t put the kids out this morning and go back to sleep, it was 90°F today. Probably would have killed them off… they are in afternoon shade on porch… in sun still shows 90°
Contemplating leaving them out overnight…:thinking:

7 Likes

Sounds like you dodge a bullet there brother. Glad everyones safe.

Please vote for my pic in the pic of the month contest…

1 Like

Aye that is exactly right and that’s a nice growing strain some have named Lemon Scoops.

1 Like

@DougDawson turned me on to these bags vs and/or combined with solos. So far working great!!

4 Likes

Nice bud, glad they are working out for you. I love them and up potting will be a breeze. I also found quicker and bigger growth on plants started in them vs solo cups when I did a side by side.

3 Likes

Wow no shit? I was sent some smaller ones, thought they might be all like a size D battery. But I only got a couple sprouts in the small ones before I found the Solo cup size.
Sprouted fine in the little sack, was surprised and content. Only a few Super Skunk tho, the rest were the I wanna say 4x6?
Whatevs, they pack in a box sweetly!:blush:
Thnx so much for the tip! Every year, something new. I’m sure you’ll see more of em as I go along.
:peace_symbol:

PS leaving them outside tonight, temp in 50’s. High 50’s.
I hear one OG say take em in I’m taking em in. Not just the seeds but my sprouts too…

Eww, down to 47…? Maybe in for sprouts🤔

1 Like

I don’t know man. Plants do love the light but I would be leery of bringing them back and forth. It would suck to pick up a pest and bring it indoors to your garden. I don’t really do outdoor or at least I am just starting to play with it at the lake. But my house is only indoor and I am always concerned about pests. I see so many fighting those battles with aphids and gnats. I would hate to have to go through that.

2 Likes

Here’s some of the kids…

7 Likes

I always love your window shots. Just feels home-y :bear::blush:

3 Likes

@DougDawson well, my 'garden’s is just solo cups in a ball jar case box with cardboard dividers. Makes it easier to chase the sun around the house.:grin::grin:
Also, there’s not too many bugs on my screened in porch. All these plants will be going outside eventually, and will face many trials and tribulations before they reach Awesomesauce status.
I was a little trepidatious about using this new medium, but after a not so long wait, this has started…

And I am a beaming proud father!!! Happy so far!

5 Likes

Nice man. Hey, it’s just my paranoia. Lots of folks bring stuff in and out. The best light for plants is the sun after all.

1 Like

It’s just the way I start to harden them for the outdoors. I give them outdoor exposure bit by bit until I am sure I can just leave them outside all day. It can be tricky, one time I lost a whole tray putting them in the direct sun a little too early. They died in a matter of a few hours of unsupervised attention. Just drooped over and the small stems shriveled and they all died. still hurts to this day, was a valuable lesson.

3 Likes

I’d like to leave an honorable mention here for ☆DJSF
May he rest in peace, and has found himself on his own great grow mountain in the sky, all to himself, and continue to fly around and drop seeds on our other friends that have passed. Perhaps there is an OG in the sky, ☆DJSF may you find it, and forever grow in peace.

4 Likes

![20230420_215719|375x500]
Some watering and temp issues, no biggie. Support system.

4 Likes

I like the toothpick/bread tie support system.

What’s the best way to build up the stem girth a little? Do you just plant deep when you transplant to maximize the support?

1 Like

I always have a small fan blowing to add some muscle to those stems.

2 Likes