Pvogs 2023 Awesomesauce

Update: more ball chopping, nanner popping, male executions going on today. Definitely popping some autos…

4 Likes

Since I had a Weiner nanner ballsac convention in more than one garden, I’m gonna try and get these autos out and done. Any thoughts or experiences with these and length of time advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hoping there’s enough time!

2 Likes

Morning Pics, Problems, Blessings

Little visitor in my garden today, wish he’d eat more of these…

Aphids showing up gotta be dealt with, wonder if it’s causing…

Only one plant has such damage as this. Wonder what this issue is, biological or…?
!

LSW N WC
IMG_20230725_095309_HDR|374x499 !
LSW

IMG_20230725_095453_HDR|374x499
Bruce Banner.

Maybe and hopefully only two more males to cull.

7 Likes

So here’s an example, two actually, of my bending technique. One is a slower starting female that has just shown her sex, a BR I believe. The second is another plant, which may be a male but not certain yet so waiting. More advanced, you can see how the tie-over greatly increased the canopy using this very minimal LST.

10 Likes

Wow, those results speak for themselves, I will be trying this technique as well sometime. Good work @PioneerValleyOG

2 Likes

I feel like I already answered this in another thread, but fairly sure it’s an Oriental Beetle. I have 'em this year too, don’t recall seeing them in past years… maybe there’s just a larger number this year.

2 Likes

@Herrsquidward I missed your tag last week, but I’m in Tempe, just SE of Phoenix :+1: :fire: :sun_with_face:
We go up to Prescott when it gets too hot here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Here’s a few veggies late start. Thinking birds are eating my pepper seeds and lettuce sprouts, lol

4 Likes

Looking like septoria is a wrecking ball on my Alpha patch this year. Delta not showing anything but bugs…

1 Like

This dude here met a violent end…

7 Likes

Is that a slug? Or a snail?

We don’t have either of them down here in the desert so I’ve never seen one

2 Likes

That’s a slug. Snails have a shell.

I’ve never had much of a problem with snails, but I’ve had slugs wipe me out in the swamp.

3 Likes

Well it’s been a tough year and after coming close to a near total loss, I have managed to save a few of the kids.

Survivors are, The Beast 8’ and growing, The Beast Jr, (both LSW) Wedding Cake, LPC, Bruce Banner, Peanut Butter Breath, and a couple others. Lost to males that made me shed a tear, my Blueberry testers, two other testers, lost several plants to Sepetoria. LPC is most susceptible to it. I did use a copper based treatment and cut much of it away. May still lose the LPC, and I won’t be able to use the copper treatment again, as I’m pretty sure it was at the last possible time as the plants are just starting to flower. Very early flower, otherwise, I’d never have used the copper as I heard it does bad things to bud… In fact, within the next week or two I’ll be boosting up the sauce to get my special method on track.
Least susceptible to Sepetoria, gleefully I might add, is the LSW.
Better things or total destruction, what will this season bring? Time is the clock of the heart.

11 Likes

I used 1 tbs of vinegar to a liter of water
Just mist the plant

Bare

3 Likes

hey man, how are things going? any update on the blueberry diesel? did it survive?

2 Likes

Hows your ladies coming? I know you’ve had a tough year.

1 Like

Starting these. After wife playing gardener in the grow for a couple weeks, she wanted some plants of her own…she chose Earth Magic. Just in time for Halloween…lol
(Don’t mind writing on bag…reused it many times)

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about the septoria. I ran into the same issues this year. Worst septoria I have ever seen. Keep you head up and hope you salvaged something this year!

1 Like

I’m having a hard time finding info on this Earth Magic strain. Can anyone share any budshots or grow experience with these?

Looks like that’s where the earth magic originates.

2 Likes