Quantum Boards Height

Hey guys I bought 2 quantum boards with ir and uv I’m running some autos and I wanted to know what’s a good height to start at I mean it has a dimmer but I want to know a good starting spot I also have 1 above my lemon haze plant it’s a couple weeks into flower I have it about 12 inches above and it looks like it might be burning a bit

3 Likes

If 12 is burning your pants raise it to 14-16 and see what happens.

1 Like

Yeah man try 18-24”. I just got some qb120’s and I burned my leaves a little at first. Let us know how you like the qb’s. I’m liking mine so far that I bought some qb96’s as well.

4 Likes

Im running the QB 96 V2 or whatever with the added red / far red in the spectrum and have loved them so far. I end up running them around 150 watts apiece at around 18 inches from the canopy during flowering.

There have been some great tests for PPF and spacing on those lights, although I don’t have the bookmarks anymore.

@Patriots781 I haven’t tried the larger QB boards but I think you will love them. Haven’t looked back since switching to LED

1 Like

Well, it’s in Spanish and metrics but it gives you an idea … :sunglasses:

1 Like

bueno - me gusta - I have QB288 V2 Rspec - seed to harvest - i stay 18-20 early and 16 on finish. some top cola burn is going to happen or the lowers never develop IMO.

1 Like

Had also that problem with heat stress and what I did was chop half of the plant and continue with the rest until finished … :sweat_smile:

id say start at 18 and once they are truly verging id bring it down lower