Mars hydro sp150

Need some trying to figure out how high to hang this light. I have been looking for 2 days now and can’t find the distance I should hang a sp150. Hoping somebody using one could chime in. :blush: :pray:

2 Likes

18 inches , happy growing

2 Likes

Really? Seems kind of far away for 135w . Where were you able to find that? I looked everywhere :sweat:

Download a lux meter app for your phone and take a few readings to help you ballpark. I’ve had some lights recommend 18" at flower but the lux worked out better at 12" with no burns.

2 Likes

Didn’t know there was an app for that. Does it seem pretty accurate?

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s accurate for an app. Just clean off your phones light sensor and it’s a great ballpark.

Found this in a q&a for ya:

Seedling:18/6 or 20/4; above 30’’ ;
Veg: 18/6 or 20/4; 18~24’’ above canopy.
Flowering: 12/12; 12~18’’ above canopy

2 Likes

App is … “accurate” I find it depends on the phone you have , a newer iPhone i relatively accurate. Get a 3 way plant sensor , what I call it anyways , it’ll tell you Lux , soil moisture , and soil ph and it has been helping a lot for me.

4 Likes

Funny enough i use my photography light meter :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s my motto. I have a TSL

3 Likes

Perfect …thanks for the help everyone

3 Likes

I like their fixtures in that product line. What do you think of the SP-150, so far?

2 Likes

@Northern_Loki not sure, I literally just hooked it up a few hours ago. I was way past due for a veg light upgrade.

4 Likes

Ah, ok. Congrats on the new fixture! I had performed some measurements awhile ago with the SP-250 and it came out pretty good. I believe you’ve picked a nice fixture, congrats.

Certainly interested with your impressions when you’re up and running.

4 Likes

Thanks ill keep you posted. I chose this due to how well it fits the footprint of my 20x36 veg tent.
I will say the little bastard seems awful bring for such low wattage. I wasn’t really expecting that

2 Likes

I tried a couple apps and have to agree with this. My phone is rather old and i find i get pretty poor results from the apps.

1 Like

Experience…

2 Likes

Yeah these little lights really put out. Led’s have come a long ways.

1 Like

In addition to the lux app, this calculator might help. They note it is an approximation, so take whatever calculations it arrives at with a grain of salt.

1 Like