Hanging height for light

Hey guys I’m about 19 days into my auto veg and I’m just whondering at what height should I hang my light the Flora – 780 deliver an average PPFD 1200µmol/m2/s in a 16 sqft Canopy which measured at 6 inches. So for veg how highenlite_par_chart_780w_Flora-02_480x480 up should it be the only chart I could find was 6 inches off I attached it here below

780watts! This thing pumps.

Please tell me you have bigger than a 16ft sq canopy? Co2? I think you could run this thing in a 5x5 and still be cranking. Don’t they give instructions for plant high? I would start at 36” and move slowly towards 12”. Im not a LED expert.

1 Like

@Patriots781 i am not familiar with your brand but from what i read I agree with @Icculus he is spot on with his advice .In my growing days I always used MH & HPS.3 weeks ago i bought a tent a 1000w MH/HPS and i deceided to grab LEDS to try. I have 3 Toly 1000w equivelent LEDS can be set to veg,bloom or veg/bloom.I have them under veg/bloom in a 4ft x 8ft tent.Seeds were germinated 17days ago.Lights are currently 30in above the plants.entire tent floor is bathed in light.And the plants for 17 days from soaking seeds are exploding.Here is a pic of my tent

And one of the plants just after i up-potted them this weekend from 16oz cups to 1 gal bags.

Sorry not trying to jack your thread bro just want to give you a visual of what LED can do.As a first time user i am supremely impressed with LEDs so much so i ordered and am picking up another 8k equivelint from the post office tomorrow,if they perform as well in flower as they do in veg.I will park the HPS

1 Like

I have a 4x4 but the light is dimmable from 0 to 100 so I can run it a little lower in my 4x4

1 Like

Is yours a viparspectra(or something spelled sorta like that)? If so, I’m having the same problems w mine. If I set it at the very tippy top of my 5foot tent, and set it anywhere between 60%-100%, the plants start looking droopy. But if I keep it at that height, and lower it to like 40%, they seem happy🤷🏾‍♂️ You’d think a 100w wouldn’t heat them up so much with almost 2feet in between…

As an old guy, I started using hps/mh/t5’s, starting about 20 years ago. Once I found a great quality LED about 8 years ago now, and haggled for a 30 day use, or I get my money back.
I was ready to go get my money back from the shop, I made the purchase from, when in a desperation move, I moved that LED up as high as I could, first in a 4’ x 4’ x 7’6" flower tent, the plants just boiled out buds!!
It is now in a bigger tent. All my harvest numbers went crazy and the scents and oils seemed to be so much better also.
I’m a lover of good quality LED’s, just try them higher than the hps/mh way.

1 Like

From my limited knowledge most high end LEDs are meant to be mounted at 6 or 12 inches. They lose a lot of power the higher up they are. I wouldn’t recommend ever going over 18 inches for most LED. The page for that specific recommends 6-14 inches. If you are worried you can dim the light (if that’s an option). You’d be surprised how much light small plants can handle.

My 300w LED goes 24” away for veg and 10-12” away for flower.

All the best.