Questions about my 1st indoor grow

Hello everybody, I have just finished setting up my very first indoor grow tent and I have a few questions before I start. I would like to thank in advance to anybody that finds time to help me with this :slight_smile:

My grow tent is 120x120x200cm. Im planning to grow hydroponically in Wilma with four 18L pots and a 50L reservoir using the Lumatek 600W Dual Spectrum HPS. I’m using Plagron clay pebbles and Advanced Hydroponics of Holland nutrients, all of which can be seen on the photos attached. I bought some feminized seeds from Royal Queen Seeds and my plan is to grow 1x Power Flower, 1x White Widow, 1x Royal AK and 1x Critical, each taking one of the 18L pots, but I have a few questions for the more experienced growers.

Question 1. - How long should I leave them in the vegetative state to achieve the best results? Im not sure how much bigger they will get after I switch to flowering and even though my tent is 120x120x200cm, the Wilma is 47cm tall itself and the space between the Wilma and the light, when its pulled up is about 120cm which by my calculations means, that the plants, when in their final stage should be about 120cm tall. If not, please correct me.

Question 2. - Do I need to wash the Plagron clay pebbles before I start using them?

Question 3. - Is it ok to grow these 4 types of plants together or should I stick with growing less at a time, for example 2 and 2 of each type? (For example 2x power flower and 2x White Widow)

Question 4. - Are these 4 plants, when fully grown, going to have enough space in the tent?

Question 5. - Is it ok to give the flowers a full dosage of the needed nutrients from day one? The dutch formula combination schedule tells me to give them 1ml per litre of the grow solution, 0,5ml per liter of the bloom and 0,5ml of the micro solution meaning, that for a 50litre reservoir I would be adding about 100ml of these + 50ml of the root stimulator and 50ml of enzymes+ which is 200ml for 50L. A simple YES answer is ok if this is right. I just don’t want to mess this up just by misunderstanding something :slight_smile:

Thank You everybody again for your time and for your answers to my questions and have a great day!

7 Likes

Sweet!

Looks like @Storm has arrived.

Looking forward to your grow!

99%

5 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow I hope we can help you get through the first grow successfully.

It really depends on the plant. I would suggest letting them take up about half of the available height. From seed, it is best to let them get to maturity before forcing them to flower, usually 4-6 weeks is plenty.

Yes they should be rinsed off as they are usually quite dusty.

Each variety will grow slightly different or have different nutritional needs. It is best to grow as many of a single variety as possible or two similar varieties. Four varieties at once is much more difficult.

You may need to do a little. It of training or pruning, but most definitely you could grow all four in that 120x120.

Yes, you did the math correctly (lucky you have the metric system). With nutrients it is best to start young plants at about 1/2 strength and work your way up.

I didnt hear anything about your ventilation, temperature, and humidity. These are important factors to consider if you haven’t yet.

9 Likes

Welcome to OG. :slight_smile:

Reiko handled it, so I’ll only add 2 cents: if you grow only one variety in the tent they will probably grow more evenly/similar heights than if they are all different strains.

They’re all feminized but you might still get a male, so it’s worth considering that possibility.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I dont have much to add to the suggestions already stated, but will be following your grow. I have never seen a system like yours in terms of medium/watering, and am very curious how it will perform

Best of luck to you, and welcome to OG

HH

2 Likes

Hey man,

I am preparing quite similar set-up, 120 x 120 x 200, Mars Hydro, Wilma 24 x 4, 4 different strains (but with the same flowering interval), AHoH, rockwool.

How are you doing and what are the results as yet? How did it go with the seeds?

Best, J.