Ramping up after 20+ years

The plan was to mix in the soil.

1 Like

It would be fine

1 Like

Thanks so much for all the help @Papalag !

OK grow is progressing.

Dropped 10 FDM OG Mix seeds into tap water and all have tails at 48 hours.
Seeds were germinated in tap water 8.1PH at ~75F, 60% RH.

Into the solo cups they go! Light is MH FC3000 50% dim, @ 2’ above cups… Temp 77F. RH 55%. 18/6

Lets see how the ladies do!

3 Likes

Hope all goes well for you! I started growing at the age of 15, and 30 years later… I probably skipped 6 months here and there with a grow happening, it’s such a fun/rewarding hobby!

1 Like

Plan to bottom feed Jacks 20-20-20 when they emerge. 4 holes in bottom of cups were used to wick initial tap water into soil mix. Initial wet top of soil mix with 10 sprays of distilled water with mister. Trying to avoid overwater and promote root growth toward bottom of cup from start. 4 hours into experiment, the soil appears dry on surface but resisting the urge to water. 1/16" of distilled water added to bottom of trays since I am overly eager (to my detrriment) on making the best of things. LITFA!

I’m going to use the MicroOcto system and my construction details are included in this topic:
https://overgrow.com/t/do-it-yourself-microoctopot-auto-fill-system/86041

That’s it for now.

Have fun folks!
John

3 Likes

Aaaannnddd… We have some sprouts.

8 Likes

IMG_0987

Yeah buddy !!

2 Likes

Two more babes have entered the party.

Yes. I am doting…

8 Likes

80% germination rate in 72 hours. Not bad so far.

Installed a fan blowing toward them. Thoughts?

Thanks!
John

4 Likes

We now have 9 seedlings. Appear to be doing well.
Fan on lights timer. Lowest speed.
Bowl of water in an attempt to raise RH (and doing poorly).
Temp 78F, RH 62% lights on. 72F, RH 68% lights off. 18/6
UT383BT light meter arrived yesterday. Set PPFD ~ 255.
Rotate bins periodically to distribute light and fan direction onto seedlings.

3 Likes

LMAO. Yes I know, it’s ghetto but it got me where I needed to be = 81%RH lights on. OK for the short term.

Looking at Vornado EDC500 for long term. This unit has humidity control. Do I still need an Inkbird if unit controls humidity level automatically?

4 Likes

Long as it is gentle, and doesn’t dry them out too fast, it should help to show em life is tough, and they gotta be tougher if they want to make it in this world :facepunch:

2 Likes

Fan is on slowest speed. Gentle breeze. I just ordered an oscillating fan which is prob better as it is not on them 100%. Thanks for sharing! :+1:

1 Like

Good evening guys thought I would share some picks of my latest project !

4 Likes

Welcome!
Looking good @Thetravler. How old are they?

1 Like

They were 3 weeks out of the seed Saturday ! This my first time doing autos so I really appreciate your comments . I sorta over watered them trying to get things disled in .

Overgrow is the place to be for great advice. Probably best advice you can get is LITFA. You can kill them with kindness. Good luck!

2 Likes

Had nothing to do with me f#%^cking around they all just got replanted and watered half hour before pictures were taken …Hey bu I take all advice into consideration thank you for yours !

1 Like

Sorry, I was not trying to say they look bad or you had done anything wrong. Just repeating the best piece of advice I’ve heard :wink: :grin:

3 Likes