RANCID & FOUL - the ’STANKIEST’ flower - Corpse Flower f2 Hunt - 2024 SoilTech Swamp Run

Haha thanks @elaitchelef that’s very kind. I’m glad there are others enjoying this adventure with me.

The BIG OOPS. (Not that bad)

Males have been light depping far off from the swamp in a shed on the other side of the property. I counted 35 males of various varieties.

This evening I went through each male to determine if they should be culled or kept. I’ve cut down at least ten plants. I also did an aggressive trim to reduce the extent of the enevidable pollen storm. Removing all the small lower branches and leaving one main leader in most cases. (most of these plants were topped in veg) I have left all the Corpse Flower plants as they are for now and will give them better attention soon, and get some good photos of what were working with.

The oops was a mis-sexed Pine Tar Dooligah… Working quickly this eve I didn’t realize until after I chopped off most of the bud sites that it was a girl - there will be less seed sites and less bud to smoke when I do hit it with some pollen. The plant was a beautiful specimen and now it’s only got 2 main bud sites :frowning:

I took a picture of most of interesting specimens before the chop - so here she is…

To those unfamiliar with my process - it allows me to cleanly pollinate a selected branch and consistently have 0% seeded bud on the remaining untouched colas. Generally I hit a couple bottom branches and leave the top of the plant untouched. Here is a post from last year’s swamp hunt explaining the process - it involves patience - sometimes showers - and a steady hand. The process can take a week or two. I’m ambitiously pairing several varieties with a bit more plants on this go - I imagine from the first to the last plant pollinated it could take the full 2 weeks (pollinating a few ladies a day with one type of male/males). I will only bring one jar of pollen to the swamp per day but sometimes the jar can contain pollen from more than one male of the same variety.

11 Likes