RapidLED Canopy Substrate

Does anyone have any experience ordering from RapidLED or using any of their products? They have these light rails with 3 and 4 axis rotation for really directing your light output exactly where you want, and it appears to be compatible with lots of DIY components. Here is a video showing ChilLED tech boards on the rapidLED substrate, it looks super cool but I can’t seem to find it on their website yet, maybe its not yet available.

https://www.rapidled.com/canopy-substrate/

4 Likes

Been asked before… yep they are good company with quality products and good customer service.
The substrates are just empty frames and hanging hardware but connect in a modular manner and predrilled for their model of heatsinks. Someday I’ll visit them in the Bay Area (they are out there by the airport).

3 Likes

I use rapid’s Onyx grow panels in my small personal closet setup. You specify veg or bloom and they send cool or warm white depending on which one. Not many complaints here honestly. GREAT PAR in a 2x2 (my size, I’m just a hobbyist with a breeder dream as of now). Somewhere near 1200 par in the center at 24".
They do run quite hot, and have a safety feature which will shut it off automatically after reaching a certain temperature. I have had issues with the light safety cycling every 15 minutes once but remedied the situation with a small clip fan blowing air over the back of the panel and removing the back covers to the light.
Aside from that I’ve had good yields for an led and all in less-than-ideal 1 or 2 gal pots (been constantly hunting). They give the plant all she needs to produce crazy resin content, check my feed if you have insta or my previous posts here on og.
Good luck in your venture!
Zoo

2 Likes

So I’m looking at my canopy substrate and from the looks of it, everything slide together find but looks like there’s no way to “lock” the rails and CoB’s in place so they don’t slide around if it’s sitting at an angle.

PIctures???