Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice šŸŒø

Outdoor grow.Is she ready to chop?I dont have microscope now.

13 Likes

Your gonna have to get a little closer I think.

1 Like

What do you think @highminwin?

1 Like

damn @JuliOG, i think youā€™re gonna be a happy toker in a few weeks. beautiful cola, but i canā€™t be sure whether itā€™s ready to harvest or not. itā€™s hard to tell from the picture you posted, although i know it can be super tough to get really good trich shots.

thereā€™s a cheap macro lens (~$13) i use for my phone camera which iā€™ve linked on my grow journal that i think is quite effective at getting close-up, macro shots. hereā€™s the link for it, as well as a sample shot with the 12x lensā€¦

normal iphone photo on the left, 12x macro photo on the right. for $13, itā€™s pretty damn good and probably just good enough to tell how your trichs are doing. the 24x will likely show the trichs even better, but it can be hard to get a nice steady photo (turn your fans off so your plants arenā€™t blowing or swaying).

once you harvest, youā€™ll definitely be wanting to give your buds a wash. itā€™ll clean off the stray dust and hairs on your weed.

also, welcome to og @JuliOG! i hope youā€™re enjoying overgrow, itā€™s my favorite online community of growers. have i met you on reddit before?

3 Likes

Thank you for suggestion @highminwin!Yes bro we met on reddit and you suggested to join this comunity.I have ordered something like this on e bay but is still in transit.

Do you think is ok this cheap one?

1 Like

oh awesome! iā€™m so glad youā€™re ready to step into the light and be active on here. i swear, i was like you early on, not really ready to post and just wanting to lurk. but with a nudge from LemonadeJoe, i posted in the Introduce Yourself thread and since then itā€™s been a super positive experience with everyone on overgrow. i hope youā€™ll feel the same way! this is a community of people who looooovvvveeee this plant, so if you also love this plant, you will find support.

i imagine that microscope will get you a better view. one thing that comes to mind is that youā€™ll probably have to look through the microscope with your eye (since it doesnā€™t attach to a phone) and it may be hard to take photos with your phone to share with us. so if you have questions on things the microscope is showing you, it may be hard to communicate or share that with us so we can help.

youā€™ll probably have to take a photo of what youā€™re seeing through the microscope eye-piece, versus using a macro lens/phone combo where you have your phone screen to see what the lens is showing and youā€™re able to click to easily take a picture.

but at least itā€™s not a big expense and i am curious how well it functions. please let us know once you get it in hand. information like that helps the community as a whole.

obviously, iā€™ll gently encourage you add a post on the introduce yourself thread. itā€™s not so bad really. youā€™ll start to meet some of the other awesome overgrowers and theyā€™ll become aware of you. iā€™ve noticed that new-comers who dive into overgrow feet first, sharing their grows (even if itā€™s their first one) and their passion seem to get more out of overgrow.

for example, @Heather420 (who also came over from reddit recently) has been able to dial her grow in a lot better with recent help from overgrowers. itā€™s been goddamn heart-warming seeing the support sheā€™s been getting.

hereā€™s the introduce yourself thread. you donā€™t have to share anything you donā€™t want to, but a few words can help us guide you to resources you might not even be aware of. iā€™m excited for your time here @JuliOG! i know itā€™s been super rewarding for me.

4 Likes

I guess if all the pistils have receded, they are sprouting nanners, and it is like day 75 since 12/12 I should probably chop? Been trying to wait till I see some amber trichomes though.

2 Likes

@Garden-Buddy you are right man she started in 3 parts showing bananas(nanners).I cutet immediatelly and for 5 days didnā€™t show new signs.Long story short for this plant.I putet 2 bag seeds in pot on 13 february and they germinated on 17 feb.I wanted to experiment if they will survive on my window with just natural light during the hard winter.Was fun seeing them growing on my window while snowing and temperature out was -14Ā°.The spring came late this year at the begining of may, and i putet them out in a discrette place with max of 5 hours direct sunlight.One of them did not survived because of overwatered.Now is 133 days for her from seed.The longest autoflower i did ever.Now i know why hermied at late flower not because of genetics but from the stress of many factors.I have a question @highminwin , @Garden-Buddy if i let her pollinate herself the seeds from her will be hermie?Thank you for your answers!:pray:

1 Like

@JuliOG it is pretty common to see male parts on otherwise female plants late in flower, they some times make pollen, and any resulting seeds are mostly female if you grow them out. This is how the first ā€˜feminizedā€™ seeds were produced, through rodelization. I wouldnā€™t call a plant a Hermie if it starts popping out bananas in late flower, I just look at it as another sign that the run is getting close to finished. This time Iā€™m trying to hold out until all the trichomes are cloudy and I see a few ambers also.

4 Likes

@JuliOG such an interesting journey your plant has been through. i have to ask though, if your auto plant went 133 days, is it really an auto? i thought autos were relatively quick flowering and they are on their own timeline regardless of what their lighting conditions are. there is a possibility that your auto was actually a photo. i think iā€™ve read about that. when youā€™re crossing whatever genetics you have to an auto ruderalis plant, not all of the offspring will exhibit that auto trait.

i donā€™t have personal practical experience with it, but from what iā€™ve read yes, if your plant pollinates itself, its offspring will be more likely to be herms. but donā€™t take that for gospel, i might be mis-remembering or half-remembering.

do you have plans ready for your next run or will you take it easy for a little bit?

1 Like

Thanks @Garden-Buddy for the info!I found a microscope to see the trichomes and they were 20%amber and the rest milky and clear.I think it finished her long jorney.

4 Likes

whatcha all think? How much longer?
Just gave them last nutes. They are just passing 8 weeks

10 Likes

Anyone care to chime in? Just starting to get a handle on trichomes just need some reinforcement.

3 Likes

Looking quite good man, you could give them another week or 2 if you like, to get a bit more amber, depends how you like your puff, racy or laid back.

3 Likes

Awesome thank you. I think ill run 1 more week and let them use up their final nutes and maybe stress them out a little with some pruning.

3 Likes

Sounds good, water and light deprivation for 4 days before chop, is supposed to increase the trichs production, I have only done it once on my last lot of plants as I am usually running a staggered harvest every 5 weeks.

2 Likes

Awesome Iā€™ll read up on that too. Thank you for your knowledge :pray:.

2 Likes

Iā€™m seeing a good few amber trichomes and not many clear. Depends what your expecting from the plant. If you wanna get ā€œhighā€ you can take them now but if you wanna get ā€œstonedā€ give them a week or two longer. :v:

3 Likes

Awesome I think ill go for the middle. I wasnā€™t expecting them to be done so fast haha. Thank you for your input :blush:

1 Like

8 weeks from flip to 12/12???
Iā€™ve seen some plants finish in 6 weeks.
Just because a breeder states a strain is 8 week flower doesnā€™t make it your goal. Some take longer some finish faster. Keep checking with your scope as trichomes is the only true way to see if a plant is ready.

3 Likes