Real seed co. Lebanese

Legend says Jesus brought kush genetics to Lebanon after spending 7 years with Buddhists.
Who knows. Definitely not closely related to much of anything except the surrounding strains at this point though.
It’s short height is only seen in one other place. The Kush Range from Iran to Pakistan I have seen no other short plants from anywhere else except the other places that have genetics directly related to Lebanese, such as Turkey. Certainly a massive gap in the Genepool though So there’s no question my thinking could be incorrect… Pretty much from Lebanon all the way to Iran is a big blank with the exception of that 1 Iraq variety available. Nothing from the whole Saudi Arabian peninsula, And only wild varieties or semi domesticated varieties out of Iran. What lies in the Caucasus mountains? I hear of indica’s in Dagestan, Russia…sooo many blanks to fill in. You would think there would have to be a population of this style of plant somewhere in between Lebanon and the Hindu Kush Range if I am right. Some other short population.
All the other Mediterranean cannabis producing countries produce taller plants and have Sativa phenos with thc. Except Syria/Lebanon…

10 Likes

This is all such good news as I LOVE the 1:1 feeling and I think I just need some CBD in my weed. Maybe that makes me a lightweight, but that’s the way the cookies crumble. I have also been a little bummed that there are big stringy sativa types I will need to cull/give away, but there might be something surprising in there worth keeping.

I would love to see it if you do give the Lebanese a go @upstate and will add my own once I move this summer (I finally get a yard!). Thanks for the details on effect as I really hate to put resources into a strain and end up with a big sack of panic attack.

3 Likes

I think that helps explain his popularity lol! Can you tell me where you came across this legend? I honestly love Landrace genetics because of the history lesson as much as anything else. I keep thinking of the heady dudes on camel caravans with boxes of seeds and big bricks of hashish. Do you have any good recommendations on cannabis history books/resources? I took a course on Islamic history in college and it’s so cool to hear about all those same folks from a slightly more human perspective.

3 Likes

Thats a bummer, i made a trade with him a while back. I dont have time to waste on questionable seeds when i have lots of good trustworthy people to use

2 Likes

I think Lebanon has done taller plants. Not on the level of an equatorial but there are multiple structures. The one Leb27 I grew had very narrow leaves and was taller. The black lebanon, which is a hybrid of 2 different Lebanese has some taller structures, as does blue hemp Lebanese.

From the RSC and Willy G, I have gotten shorter plants. I haven’t grown either of those as extensively as Black Lebanon or Blue Hemp Leb though.

For Syrian the plants are very short with 2 structures. The squat branchy one has mostly larfy buds and the (slightly) taller, very apical pheno has better bud structure. Some phenotypes of the hybrid I’m growing have the most compressed node spacing I’ve seen.

10 Likes

I think my 0% THC comment came from maybe misinterpreting this post:

“Zero effect in the smoke department” may just mean the grow was a bust, but it may refer to the lanky, hempy phenos that seem to pop up.

1 Like

mmh, the places you mention are also the fewer places on earth with no rain and deserted climate.

so, in mongolia desert you of corse find short plants too, not shure if its due to Auto-genes there,

but yeah: desert Climates Strains of various Plant species are said to grow more small and stocky, And i recall divert more Energy into Rootsystem, or the Roots are more drought Tolerant and sustain longer in poor soil…

im not saying you are wronhg, but thats another explonation that describes what you see.

4 Likes

yeah and the whole ruderalis crew also grows stocky, auto gene , or not… it just does.

I think i lately heard, that turkish and lebanese might stemm a bit more from the ruderalis, and the other middleeastern (syrian, egyptian, sudan…) stemm from hindu kush.

Im now confused, i see mostly stocky plants everywhere in lots regions you mention, or no? need to slep now.

Elevation Map:

If i tried to explain what you tied to explain, i would have speculated that many of those regions might been to harsh, like Iran, so the Turkish potency came from a DIRECT import over Hinduush over that Kaspian see -route.
Possible, why not.
I would just assumed that Middle eastern Regions have not the perfect climate for “the best weed in the world”. Only for the 2nd best, and some are pretty ruff, bone-dry… wich isnt really what cannabis likes.
hence lacking weedcultures…

The height differences are also explained, atleast for russia. its normal wet there… not deserted,

Further, the best cannabis seemed always to come from mountainous regions or closeby.

anyway, god night, sllep

4 Likes

I’m imagining @romanoweed laying this out on his map like a weatherman. This is awesome.

1 Like

Oh wait:

Rain - Blue
Daytemperature -Red
Nightemperature - Grey

Turkey:
reg9

Iraq:
reg2

Afghanistan:
reg3

Lebanon:
reg 4

Saudia arabia:
reg 5

So, you see, exactly in Turkey and Lebanon we have more Rain.
Cannabis overall doesent like Drought.

The only exeption in Middleeast where Legendary weed grew, but has few Rain is Afghanistan, BUT, look at temperatures, they have far lower Temps than others… So i guess thats why less evaporation might take place… More Plantfriendly.

(For US People, either translate the Temps into Farenheit yourselve, or just believe me theyr mostly hiiiigh)

3 Likes

What timeframe does this data cover? I’m curious if it matches the weather at the time?

I can’t back this up offhand, but I’ve heard that much of what is inhospitable desert was once forest (cedar or Cyprus trees I think) in places like Iraq that was entirely removed by human activity. Perhaps that explains a connection between populations that are now isolated? (I think the cyprus forest factoid came from Michael Pollan’s “Botany of Desire”)

Keep in mind I might be saying something extremely wrong here, but my question stands about what timeframe you covered here ha!

2 Likes

Cant you see down on the Graphs, it says Jan, Feb, Mar…
Its the yearly averages… shown at each month Januar, Februar, March…

1 Like

Right, but were these from 2022? That’s all I’m curious about.

And I just read an article. It’s Cedar trees and I guess specifically Lebanon was covered in huge forests, but the wider region as well.

1 Like

I think most clima diagramms are renewed all 10, 20 years or so-

Nice counter with the trees, it might change temperatures eventually, dunno.
Tree-cutting happend in Medieval Times ??, so, it would have already exterminated any weedcultures in Medieval Times.

Imho Lebanese gene pool has might been created by farmers and not only according climatic and environment. I mean its common short stature is probably due to low irrigation that’s right but its other common narrow leaf shape with leafy buds and effects reminds a lot pure sativa. ? That’s trace of pure sat female x indica male origin i guess heirloom like something Kalamata x Hindu kush. Cross work maybe opposite different than Mazar breeders with Hindu Kush fem x pure sat male! (?) Big trees of Mazar is due to big irrigation but its broad leaf degree is up than Lebanese and its effect is more sedative at high dose compared to Leb smooth high i found. Hypothesis fun :wink:

4 Likes

I didnt mean to tell that INDICA is in general generated trough climate, only, again: its well etablished thought that desertet climates make smaller plants with more longterm-energy-storage in the Rootsystem. just thaat. But now that youre saying it, i actually think it may be eventually responsible for the high amount of Sedation (indica) in the afghani. im just telling, lol

Here’s one Lebanese from TRSC (seeded bx to my Swazi*Lebanese).

full

11 Likes

OR alternative theory, Afghani is most seditative (not all of them but some), cause Fatleaved Afghani derivered from northern cold fucking China,
@Upstate happy.

3 Likes

Of course water is like volume for plant so it is also effective for effects but i don’t think that CBD, CBD-V and all sedative other properties are from desertic sea level. I think opposite in facts, sedative effects come from altitude and bigger trichome evolution.

2 Likes