Northern Sativa/NLD Search at 53°N - Spiritual Herb

Well everyone, the endless Outdoor Northern Sativa Quest continues…

Desired effects:
Mind expanding, guiding/journeying, energetic, focusing, nature awareness, heightened love/empathy…

Strains with minimal indica and ruderalis influence to the high and with none of these effects: burnout, mongout/afterhigh, extreme munchies, sedation, couchlock, extreme red-eyes, drymouth, rapid heartbeat, paranoia…

The closest I’ve found so far is Mextiza S1 - finishes here end Oct, with wispy flowers but quality resin and terpenes - it has the cold tolerance to make potent flowers. Had some God moments with this one…

Please chime in and add your spiritual herb strains that finish naturally in the North

28 Likes

You should take a look at Bushmans. I think that sativa is what you are looking for.

100% Sativa
Finishes in 45-50 days
Can handle both dry periods and humidity
Notorious Ciskei cultivar

Pz :v:t2:

9 Likes

Cheers, I’ve been eyeing that up, but looking for a different selection than TSC do, where is a good place to get it?

2 Likes

This reproduction is the one I’ve grown and tried.

I have to say that it’s quite good looking and smells awesome, but it’s not the most potent sativa out there
But I’ve done some crosses with it, like Amnesia Haze and SSH. Both pumped up the potency and lowered the flowering times just shy of 50-55 days. They very good considering the potential this plant have to breed sativas for the northern climates. Especially if you want something that isn’t an auto, so you can keep clones.

Still got a pack left I’ll pop to make some short flowering sativas!

7 Likes

I’m trying out Delicatessens Queen Mother Sativa at Latitude 43.651070 :crossed_fingers:
Now I’m gonna look out for Bushmans :smiley: :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Queen mother should work at 43°

Being a bit north myself (47 here, a bit too much for QM probably, specially this year), I’m looking at realgorillaseeds outdoor catalogue for next year grow. They have good feedbacks from uk420, and seems to have interesting fast versions. Seedheaven seems to have some nice things from the north too. It seems there are good stuff to be found in the danish scene and the canada one too, but didn’t have time to explore yet.

So watching this thread for good inspiration :grinning:

5 Likes

Cheers @LonelyOC for the info, so Bushmans has short flowering, and is good for crosses to shorten flowering time, does it also have early flowering traits? - flowering at 14-16 hrs?

Queen mother will be a month later here than your latitude, when does it finish for you @Pigeonman?

@Arnold is Outdoorkingseeds on Seedheaven, I got the Mextiza S1 from him, he’s very active with the Northern Sativa search, highly recommend his stuff @funkyfunk

5 Likes

It doesn’t have any type of auto traits. But at 45 days, you kind of don’t have to. :grin:

Hope it helps you to achieve the goal you’re after.

1 Like

Awesome thanks! Their beans were part of the ones I was thinking about when mentionning seedheaven :grinning: Glad to hear they’re around

1 Like

An old friend who now resides in Vermont has found Mandala #1 to ripen early up there.
So I thought that this may be worthy of your consideration.

https://www.mandalaseeds.com/Catalogue/Mandala-1

4 Likes

No idea! I’m gonna find out this year aren’t I! :rofl:

Here’s the girl as of 1hr ago; she’s in a 30 gallon fabric pot. (5 gallon bucket for scale/)

:v:

15 Likes

Looking beastly, I mean Queenly @Pigeonman !

Cheers for the Mandala #1 recommendation @Calyxander, I wonder is that Bushmans/Ciskei in there?

I’ve been growing @Arnold 's UEL selections since 2018, and my own for the last three seasons, getting towards the sativa side now, and septoria resistance - a must for here. They have an early flowering trigger, rapid flowering, and decent high. Really good strain for crosses. Trying out his UELxOHaze this year, it came highly recommended.

Also Purple Satellite x UEL, they’re even earlier than UEL! Beasts too, pushing 8ft now, two in early flower, two yet to start.

UEL x Mextiza has been my go to for the last few years, highly recommend this one

5 Likes

This thread is relevant to my interests. I have a love for the sativas but live at aboot 46N. Always assumed autos were the only way to go, but cool to see some options. I had planned to breed some Zamaldelica Express with a bunch of sativa stock to see what I can come up with. Anywho, go North!

3 Likes

This may be of interest to you:

6 Likes

Bogtime interesting thanks man!

2 Likes

Also this looks very interesting - Iranian Auto/OHz x OHz

3 Likes

UEL? What’s that?

3 Likes

Any idea how this compares to the Tropical Seeds/Colorado Sativas Ciskei? I can’t seem to find any grow or smoke reports on that one

4 Likes

Ultra Early Lovepotion, Reeferman - G13 x Santa Marta Columbian Gold, may be more to it, the SMCG is probably not pure. This years seed will be F8. Bushy structure, thin leaves, sativa terpenes - lemon and others I can’t pinpoint right now - no kush or skunk aromas.

Hopefully all of this talk will entice @Arnold into the conversation

3 Likes

I’ve never grown any other Ciskei cultivar the the Bushmans. If you take a look at pictures, they are very similar to each other. Like one huge bud :laughing:

3 Likes