Real seed co. Lebanese

Hybrids From Hell’s Lebs grown by Esbe’s friend

21 Likes

cbd comes from either:

1. heritage
  2. Selective process (hascultivars selected in whole batches rather than single plants hence not so strong selection away from origin Cannbis in China Himalaya wich was balanced in Effect) vs single-plant selection
  3. low Sun intensity, cause many “fierce” effects of various plants come from the more equatorial places (THC only cannbis)
  4. harsh climates for Cannabis, High UV , Drought…
  5. hybridisation in Landraces wich for me tends to results in a certain lethargy…

One of those… Agreed?

Its really interesting to study Afghanistan Cultivars why it was so seditative compared to nearby himalayan wich was atleast a bit more balanced in effect.

2 Likes

Primo, the origin cannabis in China and or Himalaya is just another hypothesis according pollen fossil found because i think we haven’t collected complete data from all over the world. Need more South Asian equatorial study i think.

Deuxio, Highest Himalayan fields and agriculture of cannabis is less high and extrem alpine altitude than in the Hindu Kush i think?, birth place of broad leafing and “indica” imho.

Tertio, :v:

2 Likes

For sure. The mtns in Lebanon likely favor short plants the same way the kush does. Might be nothing more to the story…but reading that the genetics came from the Kush AND Lebanese looks so similar…that sold me.

I’d love to find some. I didn’t know this. Altay area used to have short plants, but they were wiped out by the soviet army. It is nearby southern mongolia
@lefthandseeds

I think Lebanese used to be the same, before hemp growing in the Bekka Valley in the 80’s/ 90’s. The genetics that were pulled out of the country at that time had the hemp influence/ sativa phenos and the real seed company’s collection is later, since the hemp has been wiped out. Plants are short again. Theory only., but makes sense.
@romanoweed i like caspian sea theory for Turkish Sativas. Makes sense.

4 Likes

Nanda Devi grows up to 13,500 feet in himachal pradesh. Highest-elevation cannabis I’ve read about…it does shorten in height and behave more Indica in growth pattern, but still clearly Sativa. Does Afghan grow higher?
Love to hunt Tibet.

6 Likes

Beautiful !!

1 Like

Nanda Devi grows up to 13,500 feet in himachal pradesh. Highest-elevation cannabis I’ve read about

4000 m is impossible i think ^^

2 Likes

Its documented by RSC and Indian Landrace Exchange. RSC used to carry that cultivar. Mango smell. Current collection comes from a bit lower.

3 Likes

Wrong thing again by TRSC blabla imho, no plants or very few up to 3000 m :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indian Landrace Exchange has the best documentation from a trip there a couple years ago.

I’m friends with some Indian guys that have been there and smoked its charas. Very heady. Screenshot_20230220-105706_Instagram

8 Likes

Ok i just look forward any plants up to 4000 m, biological non-sens ?

1 Like

All about micro climatic and fertile lands at 3000 but over 4000 m hum ? I doubt

I don’t think it grows above 4000 m in the Himalayas. Latitude 30-32( i checked. Nanda Devi is 29 Latitude) Maybe in the Andes near the equator or Tibet it grows higher? Like to find some if it exists

In principle impossible, Nature’s rules! Over a limit no plants growing due to low atmospheric pressure etc.

1 Like

That Federation seed company Ecuador strain was high altitude too. Didn’t say how high. Was said to be equal in cbd and THC.

Anyway Lebanese low lands ^^ but good montagnard! :+1: (1400m max)

1 Like

Thanks for the bud pics. Through a shipping error I ended up with 12 Lebanese from TRSC instead of the 5 I paid for. I know people have mentioned that TRSC uses stock photos, so it’s nice to be able to see them grow out. To be fair there are pics of the Lebanese that seem legit.

3 Likes

@Upstate yes, Turkish look similar to pakistani.

Turkish/greek have very short budsites, and most o the branch underneeth the leaves is empty (in the few old lines i seen). Otherwise very similar look.

Here is a 1950 Turkish Line called Turkish Gummy:

Im not shure if i will use it to backcross my Turkish Delight tho, it has a touch of Hempynes/Auto-genes in it i guess, and is a bit to fierce therefore. (thanks to a guy sending me pics)

9 Likes

That’s correct that why mountains have tree lines no growth past that height.

1 Like

These are nice… Is this typical of Turkish strains? The finished bud looks heavenly.

1 Like