Reefers 30+ Strain Auto and Photoerotic Orgy

Big thanks to @Banquo for sending me a bunch of beans to play around with. I’ve had 100% pop rates and pretty consistent seedlings. I culled 11 of 12 from two weeks ago, now it’s survival of the fittest coco style. I really think the rapid rooters are great, but some plants struggle to bust out of those holes.

This latest round I did it a little different and positioned the soaked beans differently and opened the holes a little more. Seems to have helped. I also just threw some a day or two later in the rooters with no soak, and 2-3 days later most are popping up. MCB from @THRESH Blue B

5 Likes

The big blueberry girl all tangled up with two big boys.

5 girls and 5 boys remain and have been separated. The girls have found their new home for now. Let’s see if they’re ready for some bigger nutes… I want the push them to see who can take it, starting out at 900 ppm, did a 50% water change (my first since November) and switched to mega crop from flora trio.

The two smaller girls were smaller to begin with but we’re definitely stunted by me putting them in 1200 ppm with the girls finishing up on the main system when they were barely a week old, they survived and grew but were not happy! There’s another outstanding girl (second largest) that’s in the aeroponic cloner for now as well.

15-18” roots on that spindly one, her leaves may not have liked the nutes, but her roots did…

11 Likes

Anytime! More brewing as we speak.:smiley: I just popped 12 of them as well, hopefully I’ll find 4 females for my Non gardening Uncle to run in his yard haha. it’s great smoke and the Mother and Father were bulletproof. They didn’t show sex until about 6 days into 11on/13off and were very feed tolerant and impossible to stress. Very little stretch and loved training. I’m excited to see what they do outdoors. Looking for unicorn phenos to keep as a Mother when outdoor is over… maybe haha

2 Likes

I thought I had poppin Issues, Go Big or Go Home!

2 Likes

Haha, it only got worse over the weekend :joy: Y’all can add Skywalker and Sunshine Daydream to the list. And we’re having a little survivor challenge with Pentagram courtesy of @Banquo in the round container. Looks like a lot of little winners in there, I culled 11 of 12 from the first round by torture testing the beans a bit and plan to find some mates in this 25.

8 Likes

Give em hell! There’s a whole lotta strong genetics that went into making those beans, so whoever survives should be worthy of passing down that toughness :muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

These guys don’t seem to mind the crowded space. I think I I like sprouting seedlings in coco better than I I do rapid rooters or paper towels. Soak for 36 hours, dump in coco, cuvée with 1/2 in. coco, voila!

5 Likes

Looking forward to this now that I’m caught up

2 Likes

@DrGonzo13 Thanks my friend! Just snapped some of the Jammy Dodgers, they’re taking off now that I got the algae off the roots and they’ve gotten over me defoliating so early. Poor gals are going to be topped and lollipopped a little soon. I’ll burn the lower node clones a week to root and then they’ll be reversed.

There’s definitely a winner here, but there’s a close second, the small one had to be operated on as a youngin. I always feel somewhat attached to the ones I operate on that survive. I had some lower than usual germ rates with these for some reason.

I didn’t paint the bucket black until a day or two ago, since I wanted to see how they felt about growing in algae and having their roots covered with it. I’ve got them at 900ppm and there’s some tips that are unhappy, but that’s probably low humidity more than anything.

5 Likes

Hey I think it’s better to get em training early if you’re able to and you are on a great pace like u said rh is low but you are looking great :+1:t2: The Dude Abides

2 Likes

This is a 3 days apart, and they were transplanted 2 days ago, is this typical? :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Potty mouth :innocent:

3 Likes

RH is now sitting steady at 58% thanks to the inkbird I finally got hooked up :+1:t2: I was hitting as low as 36 and couldn’t keep it much higher than low 40’s even with spraying tent walls.

1 Like

Healthy little roots on these little guys already in less than a week.

These are treated nice because I want harvest from them and I know the genetics are rock solid on all. This is all Mephisto and Bog.

These guys are getting torture tested, high PH, early nutrients, extreme humidity swings, left in the dome longer than they should be… But, it’s time to let the survivors head to their new aeroponic home. The best plants will be given prime quarters after a couple weeks of aeroponic vacation.

5 Likes

DSD and Watermelon Z Autoclones and the still standing 1/4 of a plant amnesia, still throwing white pistils on day 128, despite looking ready to chop in less than 80, and having been mostly chopped weeks ago. The leaves have been sucked dry for weeks as well… Still, they will be pollinated if I see a white pistil :joy:

So yeah, I’m going to attempt to pollinate it and see what happens…

Anyone want to guess what I’ll yield from my auto clones?! Two free 10 packs of anything you want at the end of the run for anyone who guesses closest. And wagers on if I can keep them going another 6 weeks? :crazy_face:

Oh, and the next time someone says cloning autos is pointless, or impossible, show them this thread…

8 Likes

Nicely done and you know that it’s always a fun thing getting the RH to not only go up but to stay so they’re already happy with u for that lol…the Doc can just tell these things…but it’s a little easier to regulate one plant in a phototron and what size tent are you in ,memories not to sharp just took a dab or two or yeah 3 I’m stoned :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy::crazy_face:but glad you busted out the Mephisto beans

2 Likes

Thought you were chopping this weekend…change :thinking: your thoughts on it and I hope that you don’t feel like I hijacked your topic but I just woke mine up from 14 hours of darkness and it’s starting to do what yours is by using up every last bit of energy and leaves yelling and it’s starting to almost hug the stalk is that a bad thing at the end to hug itself

just a quick picture of my soon to be second ever harvest and I am just nervous @Reefer because I don’t have huge plants and I dried out my first time and I am just excited about it and anxious because harvest and cure are almost the most critical part of growing so if any input or information on good books and I know that it’s gonna take experience but I don’t have a headstash or vault of beans so sorry again for temporary high jack this

7 Likes

I don’t know if I’m the guy to ask since I’m pretty new at this stuff too, but I’ll throw my 2 cents in. Plants drooping is fairly normal after lights out, but I would check PH as that’s a little extreme. That’s usually my number one reason for droop. Also, don’t be afraid to trim the leaves that are yellowing or damaged, especially if you identify and correct any issue with PH or elsewhere.

Oh, and no worries, anyone is welcome to post just about anything they want in my grow diary lol

As for chopping, now that I see I’m at day 128 I’m just going to see how long I can keep keep them alive and see if I can get seeds now that I’ll have pollen. That amnesia is so delicious, but this is the small one, not the big one that was already chopped. I’ve chopped may of the clones already, but I’m having fun just letting them go. But that bud does look delicious…

4 Likes

Like, in total combined, or on a per plant basis? Do you mean the one in the pictures with the gorgeous black and magenta colored flowers? I’ll buy a ticket for the ride, I just wanna know what the track looks like.

If it/they are already at day 128 as of this post, I’d say no way they make it another 6 weeks. It’ll be insane if it works out that way, but I just don’t see a “normal” auto running almost 180 days. Normal as in not a “super auto” or a photo to auto project at F2 that just happened to auto for you. That plant is too beautiful to be “normal” in any other way. Plus, it’s friggin AMNESIA. :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

This can happen for a number of reasons, and the reason can be dependent on what point the plant is at in its life. In this case, since she’s nearing the end of life, I’d say it’s nothing to worry about. It could be because her roots are too dry, which isn’t bad a few days before harvest. Just watch your dryness after chop and make sure it doesn’t dry out too quickly on you. Leaves can also “hug” the stalk or flower clusters if the temperature is too cool, or if there’s too much wind blowing on the plant. It could also be too much light, but if that were the case you probably would have seen this happen long ago.

Honestly I wouldn’t worry at this point. If she’s less than 3 days from chop, I would refrain from watering her again, or only water just enough to get all the soil in her pot wet, but no runoff. If she’s still got a week to go, give that girl a drink and make sure the fan/fans aren’t blowing right on her, full time. Your plant looks amazing, and it looks like you’ll see a decent yield too! Great job for your (almost) second harvest!!! :clap:

6 Likes

Ok, these are as of today, I feel like I need to document those better in case I can pull off seeds from this madness.

These are all day 129 from sprout now. All were harvested long ago. Most clones were taken months ago.

Amnesia auto is trying to grow leaves now?! This was the first plant done, I’ve been smoking her for weeks now…

Barney’s DSD auto. Even the little dried out stalks are throwing pistils

WW auto, I think this is my only remaining widow clone. I didn’t take many as she wasn’t lollipopped She has spent her whole life sitting in a pan of algae water on a basement floor :cry::crazy_face: I thought age was done, so I have her a little love, and now this…

7 Likes