ReikoX's Workshop 2023

That boy doin work!

7 Likes

Very cool to hear you are collabing with Aridbud… he’s a cool cat.
Haven’t talked to him in some time but we did a few trades and he used some shiskaberry seeds i sent him to make Shiskacrit … must be 3 or 4 years ago now.
tell him tynehead tom says hi :wink:
I’m going to pop the last of my azure rockets with some double grape from @GCBudz … might let them have sexy time together out back behind the wood shed.

9 Likes

Aridbud… there’s a name i havent read in a long time. I was on Cervante’s forum with him years back. I never ran any of his gear, and i dont have a NEED to run auto’s like i did in the early days now that my space is better built out.

@SHSC-1 it seems to me, and i’m no breeder type… that the Double Grape compliments everything it touches. I will be dropping a Double Grape x Forgotten Cookies here soon to try outside and see if the squirell’s will let it live.

@ReikoX i need to find time to start from the beginning of this thread and get caught up. It always amazed me how much you always had going on in the past threads.

11 Likes

Got some interesting stuff going on in here as usual, just checked out Afterthought Autos and it looks like they have some interesting mixed cannabinoid photoperiod strains as well. Have you grown out much else from them? I guess I missed the details of the collaboration part but are you just pollinating one of their auto crosses with your homemade Divyder cross to give them seeds to search through?

3 Likes

I’ve grown a couple other autos of his in the past. The Gas & Guns was particularly notable. They had nice big fat buds that had an almost peach flavor to them.

For this collaboration, we are planning a double cross. I’m crossing his Critical Mass x Ginger Alex Blueberry with my Divyder (La Diva x Lowryder2). I also sent him some of my JLo seeds and he is going to cross it with his Brazillian Santa Maria. Finally, we will do the double cross (CMxGAB x Divyder)x(JLo x Santa Maria).

In the process of selecting the best Divyder males, I also pollinated the female Divyders and some Domino Diesel photoperiods.

21 Likes

A couple of weeks ago I installed the Blusoak drip tape. A few days later, I had a flood in the left bed. I turned off the Blumat carrot and let everything start to dry out. Last night, I investigated and I found a leak where I connected the Blusoak tape. I cut off the end and re-connected it. I’ve been trying to dial in the moisture in the beds. So far I have the right bed dialed in where I want it.

I went ahead and gave the CMxGAB a pre-harvest trim. Basically, I took any leaf off that had a petiole on it. These are about 77 days from germination. I will likely give them another week to finish ripening up the seeds. I’m getting a nice pine/blueberry smell from them.

The Dominion Diesel have been harvested and the buds are drying in brown paper bags. In a few more days they will be dry enough to shuck the seeds. I’ll likely do a smoke test on these just to confirm my keeper selection.

The bonsai mothers got a good trimming. I think I’m going to cull the Dominon Diesel down to one keeper plant. So far the winning candidate is the one labeled #3, as it had the highest return of rosin per square foot.

44 Likes

No …you didn’t not dill in that little thing. It’s what May that was January…is it 3 feet tall yet? :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ve been using my master pruning skills or it would be.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

38 Likes

I’m still laughing that had to be like growing a 16 week Columbian in a 2 foot tall cabinet. :rofl: Always wondered why they get away with those prices in the gorcery store after I grew some once. I had it 4 -5 feet tall.

Well done there by the way.

7 Likes

nice hydrosetup in the front! do they work good?

1 Like

Yesterday I took down the Dominion Diesel male and collected a little bit of pollen. I’ll dry the pollen for a couple of days, then store it in the freezer for a rainy day. I gave the girls a thorough spray down and moved them into the veg room to finish up making seeds.

Next I cut down the CMxGAB plants and hung them up in the QT tent to dry. This phase of the collaboration is complete. I’ll dry and harvest the seeds then send half of them
to Aridbud. He informed me he was a few more weeks out on his half of the project.

Still trying to dial in the Blumats. I’ve been playing with both the Ecowit and the Blumat digital moisture meters. When comparing the two meters, I noticed the middle bed was much wetter on the Blumat sensor than the Ecowit sensor. I moved the Ecowit sensor and it now reads closer to the values in the left bed, where I had the flood. Once the carrots are dialed in, I will mark them so I don’t have to repeat this exercise.

I still haven’t decided what I’m going to run next. I think I’m pretty much settled on doing a photoperiod run in the beds. I think I’ll make a decision and pop some seeds this weekend.

48 Likes

Did you checkout the latest Growcast episode? Some good tips from sustainable village mayor Michael Backes on dialing in blumat carrots/moisture meters.

6 Likes

Badass!!! :sunglasses: :metal:

6 Likes

for sure pretty bad ass!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Spent an hour or two straightening the workshop last night. I still have a bunch of pots to wash and disinfect still, but its progress anyway.

I’m a step closer to getting some actual plants going. I amended the beds based on the soil test I got back in February and watered that in. Then I then I covered the beds with a oyster mushroom mulch from Build-a-Soil. Honestly, I could have used another one to cover it as much as I like, I may order one.

My mother plants need another trim soon. I am also going to cull down to a single Dominion Diesel now that F2s will be made.

Speaking of F2s, here are the seeded Dominion Diesel plants at day 41. They seem pretty happy with their diet of Jacks 321.

What do you want to see run in the beds next?
  • Creme Brulee by LED Seeds
  • Pure Love by Irie Genetics
  • Chem91 x Orange Sour Dub by Obsoul33t

0 voters

59 Likes

So…i’m growing out your fam mix…i don’t have much auto experience,so i stunted them,but buds are looking and smelling tasty!

But! there’s a bit of a headscratcher,One of the six is not autoing!,and i’m possibly seeing a male preflower?

You can spot the odd (man?) out pretty easily…well…besides the little one to the left,asshole rabbit decided it needed to be topped!

tear.PNG

12 Likes

A couple possibilities: a stray seed or some stray pollen. I tend to run regular photoperiods and often make seeds, I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened rarely. I would cull the misbehaving plant and plant another seed.

17 Likes

cull,no way! lol,i’m excited to see what comes out! does it look familiar at all?

4 Likes

At this stage in those photos, all I can say is it looks like a cannabis plant. :grin:

The poll is closed and it looks like the Chem91 x Orange Sour Dub is a clear favorite. I dropped a pack in water this morning.

57 Likes

thats gone be fun !!!:smiley:

4 Likes