ReikoX's Workshop

Yes, I prefer the malted barley. I bought the barley seed for another project and just wanted to use it.

5 Likes

@ReikoX. You know how you have dropped the led intensity down? Will that slow the growth in 18/6 and will they still thrive as long as I feed them well enough and keep topping her?? This is the area of growing I’ve not read up about. I’d like to maybe grow a female keeper and take cuttings but I’m limited on space so the smaller I can keep it the better.

2 Likes

I’m feeling my way through this myself. I turned down the lights because they looked like they were getting light burned. I may even turn them down more. Previously I had the T5 in there and can keep these for around 6-9 months. With constant toppings. This area is roughly 2x2x2.

Last night I decided to give the mother plants a feed and a trimming. I may have gotten a little carried away with the Juanita mother. There are three that definitely need to be reset, Juanita la Lagrimosa, Adonis, and Grass Monkey. Next round of clones will be those.

The Zak Haze clone is slowly making its way to the screen. I can only assume that it is working on the root system. Ironically I noticed that the extra clone that I just threw in my old bag of recycled soil was still alive? It’s been in there with no light for about a week now.

Stick a fork in these testers, they are done.

27 Likes

Zak Haze is finally reaching above the net. Note to self, freshly rooted clones take quite a while to get their roots stretched out in the no-till bed

20 Likes

Mixed up a light mix for these rooted clones. It was 50% used soil, 40% rice hulls, and 10% EWC. This was watered in with fulvic acid, kelp, and aloe.

I cleaned out the left side of my workbench and put them under the lights at about 10% to start hardening them off before sending them to my brother’s.

Not exactly sure where I’m going to put these SIP containers, thinking about veggies outside. They do fit inside the workbench though.

21 Likes

Made up a batch of soil today. I started out with 7.5 gallons of peat moss, 4.5 gallons of perlite, and 3 gallons of fresh EWC. To this I added 2.5 cups of dolomite lime. I set aside a couple gallons of this base mix for seedlings. Then added 2 cups bone meal and 1 cup blood meal, kelp, and greensand. Finally, I wet it down with two gallons of water with fulvic acid and reetha glycerine.

The no-till bed got three tablespoons of ground malted barley watered in with fulvic acid, silica, and reetha glycerine.

24 Likes

Looking good brother all around and as usual a constant source of inspiration

8 Likes

also made some activated EM1. 1/4 cup EM1, 1/4 cup molasses and 15.5 cups of RO water. It will ferment for about a week or until pH drops below 3.8.

Speaking of pH, I went to calibrate my Blulab pen and the 7.0 calibration succeeded, but the 4.0 calibration said “err”. I keep the sponge wet with storage solution. Maybe I need to clean it? The dang thing is only nine months old

13 Likes

Is this for the microbes?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what the M in EM stands for… I think the E standard for effective…

4 Likes

What’s the benefit of this ingredient and is something new you’ve made part of your Repertoire?

6 Likes

Hmmm, maybe try “rehydrating” the pen.

Place the pen with enough fresh KCL calibration/storage solution in a small cup to fully engulf the glass for ~24hrs or so. But, before that, cleaning the bulb doesn’t hurt. I usually use wetted q-tips to remove any gunk / film from the bulb and the junction. The KCL solution should “measure” around 4, FWIW.

Rinse then try to recalibrate again.

6 Likes

What brand of peat do you use?

2 Likes

It is something I made a few months ago and am working with. The purpose is a wetting agent. Reetha is high in saponins, and used as a natural soap. A teaspoon per gallon makes a ton of foam. :+1::seedling:

This is exactly what I’m doing now, cleaned it and soaking in KCL. It’s a Bluelab pen.

Plain peat moss with nothing added. Home DePot Caries the Sunshine brand, that’s what I got last time.

4 Likes

Mothers got a trim last night.

Took a few cuttings last night. Juanita la Lagrimosa, Adonis, and Grass Monkey need to be replaced, they are getting woody stems and too tall. I also took some cutting of JillyBean for a friend.

20 Likes

“Rehydrating” worked, I’ll add it to my monthly maintenance…

14 Likes

Bought a Jeep this weekend. :grin:

29 Likes

I’ve noticed that the built in “reservoir” for the storage solution in the Blu-lab pens evaporates pretty quickly.

And, you’ve reminded me to take a look and, sure enough, getting pretty dry. Good timing :+1:

4 Likes

Hey @ReikoX , your now going to have to buy a bigger boat :joy:
Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

How often do you re-calibrate your ph pen?

5 Likes